Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 231403 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #483: Mar 09, 2015 05:57:12 pm
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #484: Mar 09, 2015 06:18:43 pm

Just a shame that he's second class.

Really hope for his sake that he's not going to be Allen-esque. An overvalued player becoming a small fish in a large pond, taking years to settle in and deliver because of an inferiority complex about justifying his price tag.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #485: Mar 09, 2015 06:22:02 pm

Really hope for his sake that he's not going to be Allen-esque. An overvalued player becoming a small fish in a large pond, taking years to settle in and deliver because of an inferiority complex about justifying his price tag.

I don't knoww here people get all this. He's settled fine and put in some really good performances already. Just because he doesn't get a goal every single game doesn't mean he's not a class player. Anyone that watches him can see he's got extraordinary technique and touch, he's good with either foot and he runs his freaking butt off.

People are quick to hang players with their transfer fee and I think that's what has happened here. If he was bought for 10m everyone would be gushing about what a deal we got.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #486: Mar 09, 2015 06:24:35 pm
      Disappointed with his showing against Blackburn, was very ineffectual
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #487: Mar 09, 2015 06:34:44 pm

you should become a psychologist.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #488: Mar 09, 2015 06:47:36 pm

Do you remember where he played mainly for Southampton last season and how he was used?

From what I've seen of him this season, I genuinely feel he'd be better playing off a target man, but unfortunately, we don't really use one.

I do think he's a very good player and love his pressing and work rate, but It just seems as if he's still adapting to our system (hence the inconsistencies). With his movement and trickery, I think we should push him further up the pitch rather than have him in that #10 role.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #489: Mar 09, 2015 07:01:33 pm
      I don't knoww here people get all this. He's settled fine and put in some really good performances already. Just because he doesn't get a goal every single game doesn't mean he's not a class player. Anyone that watches him can see he's got extraordinary technique and touch, he's good with either foot and he runs his freaking butt off.

People are quick to hang players with their transfer fee and I think that's what has happened here. If he was bought for 10m everyone would be gushing about what a deal we got.

To be fair though FL, is that really asking too much? When you shell out that kind of money I for one don't deem it unreasonable to expect a lot more than what I'm currently seeing of him. Especially when there were other and cheaper options available. He was a contentious signing to begin with because of his fee and only given leeway due to the fact that he was a player that Brendan obviously really wanted and presumably would make an immediate impact because he was used to the demands of the EPL.

I know he's had injuries to contend with but even after a decent run of games he's been lackluster and incosistent with only the odd flashes of brilliance.

And yeah, it's not his fault that he along with Lovren and Markovic came with hefty price tags but FFS, they need to get over it and just play the way they did for their previous teams - the reason as to why they were bought in the first place.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #490: Mar 09, 2015 09:18:25 pm
      To be fair though FL, is that really asking too much? When you shell out that kind of money I for one don't deem it unreasonable to expect a lot more than what I'm currently seeing of him. Especially when there were other and cheaper options available. He was a contentious signing to begin with because of his fee and only given leeway due to the fact that he was a player that Brendan obviously really wanted and presumably would make an immediate impact because he was used to the demands of the EPL.

I know he's had injuries to contend with but even after a decent run of games he's been lackluster and incosistent with only the odd flashes of brilliance.

And yeah, it's not his fault that he along with Lovren and Markovic came with hefty price tags but FFS, they need to get over it and just play the way they did for their previous teams - the reason as to why they were bought in the first place.
      I think we just see his play differently. I think he's a very good player and am perfectly happy with his performances for the most part. Not overly concerned with the fee.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #491: Mar 09, 2015 09:31:16 pm

Once a player arrives you can't base everything on their fee.
      James Milner could join in the summer for nothing, but when things get going next seasin id expect as much if not more from Milner than the likes of Lallana and Lazar, I'm not going to think he's not cost anything so he can be sh*t and all is fine. By the same accord I'm not looking at Lallana thinking "you're a £25M player, you better be a world beater son."

I think he's done fine so far without setting the place alight. I think long term he'll be our James Milner - in and out, reliable and consistent happy to be a part of the squad. Every squad needs them
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2015 09:41:36 pm by Alfie2510 »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #492: Mar 09, 2015 09:55:08 pm
      Fantastic in the two games against City and Burnley. But he was well off it yesterday. Can only perform better in the games coming up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #493: Mar 09, 2015 10:22:37 pm
      No one can possibly have a off day!

Sterling, Can and Couts were equally ineffective why don't we all lay into them as well.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #494: Mar 09, 2015 10:27:53 pm
      I agree that you can't hold a player's fee over the player's head and expect him to perform.

But you can hold that fee over the owner's head, over the manager's head, over the committee's heads etc.

Because that is money that we're not going to get back.  The spending spree of last summer is not going to happen again this summer, for many obvious reasons.  So if you are going to spend 25m on a player, you better damn well be sure that he's going to perform, because we're not going to have another 25m to write on another player this summer.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #495: Mar 09, 2015 10:36:33 pm
      I'm a fan of Lallana and think he will show his best form although perhaps we won't really see it until nest season. He has shown flashes but it's fair enough for people to criticise because he has ben inconsistent and his end product does let him down fairly frequently ie. he will take a great touch, best a man, make space and then get the final pass all wrong or scuff his shot. Would I have preferred us to go after Fabregas? Yes I bloody would have BUT I still think he has what it takes to make it at LFC. He just needs to find some consistency
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #496: Mar 10, 2015 02:33:32 pm
      Still on the fence with Lallana.  Clearly gifted but not getting enough goals or assists IMO.  Expect more from him in his second season - at the minute he's a squad man for me - not a first team cert.

Turns 27 at the end of the season so he shouldn't have many excuses next season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #497: Mar 10, 2015 03:33:52 pm
      Still on the fence with Lallana.  Clearly gifted but not getting enough goals or assists IMO.  Expect more from him in his second season - at the minute he's a squad man for me - not a first team cert.

Turns 27 at the end of the season so he shouldn't have many excuses next season.

Exactly where I stand.
      I think he's done OK, but I also think he can do a lot better.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #498: Mar 10, 2015 03:46:06 pm
      One of those who looks good in an average side, is overshadowed in a good side.

Shone for Southampton, was considered by some (though not me) to be one of our better players around Christmas when we were sh*t, has done very little since the turn of the year when we've been sound.

Stuey Downing all over again.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #499: Mar 10, 2015 04:30:44 pm
      One of those who looks good in an average side, is overshadowed in a good side.

Shone for Southampton, was considered by some (though not me) to be one of our better players around Christmas when we were sh*t, has done very little since the turn of the year when we've been sound.

Stuey Downing all over again.

I understand the comparison but for that to be entirely fair Lallana would need to go a whole season without any goals or assists, which is utterly ridiculous for players of their position. I'm more of this opinion so far:

Shows good signs but must be doing more on a regular basis. Personally I am a fan of the player but he needs to improve and I believe he will.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #500: Mar 10, 2015 05:33:38 pm
      Clearly a talented player who I think has taken time to settle mainly due to injuries.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #501: Mar 10, 2015 05:42:03 pm
      Clearly a talented player who I think has taken time to settle mainly due to injuries.

It was Tompkins who showed very clearly that it is rare for new signings, big money or otherwise, to make a big impact in their first season.
      Sometimes they start well and fade, other times they hit a patch of form at some point later in the season, but they are rarely consistently good.
      We've seen this from all of last summers signings, and I fully expect them to be much better next season.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #502: Mar 10, 2015 05:47:24 pm
      I wonder where this phantom "pressure" comes from that the players keep talking about, how there is more "pressure" to do well at a big club like ours.

doesn't seem like there's any pressure on anyone.  Definitely not from the supporters.  All I ever see is "oh he'll do better next season," "oh he's young and still learning his craft," "oh so-and-so just needs a run of games, he'll be alright," "oh he's been injured, he'll come good, no doubt about it."

basically the supporters couldn't care less if the players play well or play like sh*te.

So I wonder why the players feel pressure. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #503: Mar 10, 2015 06:42:12 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #504: Mar 10, 2015 06:44:02 pm
      basically the supporters couldn't care less if the players play well or play like sh*te.

Oh dear fed, aren't you too old for being such an attention whore?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #505: Mar 10, 2015 06:46:48 pm
      Oh dear fed, aren't you too old for being such an attention whore?

ah.  you know that I'm right so you resort to making personal insults.

okay then.  If you'd like to be rude then I can't stop you.

although I don't see why you can't just say "I disagree, and here is why..."

Quick Reply