Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 225608 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #736: Aug 20, 2015 10:39:43 pm
      Still not really  brendan is sure what lallana's best position is, whether it is a bit deeper as an out and out midfielder or pushed further forwards

so we finally got back into the Champions League after nearly five seasons out of it, we had all the money in the world to spend after selling Luis, and we decided to make our most expensive signing a player who our manager doesn't even know what his best position is?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #737: Aug 20, 2015 10:50:12 pm
      so we finally got back into the Champions League after nearly five seasons out of it, we had all the money in the world to spend after selling Luis, and we decided to make our most expensive signing a player who our manager doesn't even know what his best position is?

Are you slumming it out on this forum as a way of escaping Chelsea's trauma? All your racist pals that you defend are on that site - they need your help, go and support them.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #738: Aug 21, 2015 02:23:59 am
      Are you slumming it out on this forum as a way of escaping Chelsea's trauma? All your racist pals that you defend are on that site - they need your help, go and support them.

what does that have to do with Lallana?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #739: Aug 21, 2015 04:49:30 pm
      Beardsley and Lallana in the same sentence.

Now I've heard everything.

So have I.

Peter Beardsley and Lallana.

sh*t the F***ing bed.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #740: Aug 24, 2015 11:40:29 am
      Reports that he is out for 4 weeks.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #741: Aug 24, 2015 12:11:59 pm

He wasn't in any of this weeks training pics so they're probably true mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #742: Aug 24, 2015 12:44:17 pm

How did this happen?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #743: Aug 24, 2015 01:07:56 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #744: Aug 24, 2015 02:09:45 pm
      sounds like he is injured AGAIN !!!

oh well, thats what squad is for.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #745: Aug 24, 2015 02:17:39 pm
      sounds like he is injured AGAIN !!!

oh well, thats what squad is for.

He's not quite Sturridge standard but he's already had 91 days worth of injuries with us according to:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adam-lallana/verletzungen/spieler/43530

add another 3 or 4 weeks and he's certainly getting there. As strange as it sounds, given that I'm one of his biggest critics, we could actually miss him tonight due to what we need in the team. Defensively he's well disciplined and with Henderson also possibly missing the legs in the team have been ripped out a little.

If Firmino is also not 100% fit, which judging by the pre-match comments he's still gaining fitness, then Arsenal really will have been handed a bit of an opportunity.

Lucas rarely starts his season off well, if he's even included so the signs for our midfield are extremely worrying.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #746: Aug 24, 2015 02:43:59 pm
      If this is true(yet to be confirmed by the club) then I think he will struggle to get back in the side unless we have further injuries down the line. His place was already under threat and his 1st two performances were not the best add to it his poor injury record at Liverpool i can see BR trying to offload him in the summer. he's nearly 28 so should be in his peak and wont improve that much if at all over the next few years so if we can shift him this summer I think LFC should. That's just my opinion before anyone bites my  head off, I think he's a good player but he's not good enough to be in a combative midfield trying to get CL football.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #747: Sep 11, 2015 09:29:54 am
      Complete let down this lad has been for me.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #748: Sep 11, 2015 09:33:24 am
      When i've said that we wasted 25 mil on an injury prone player, people around here were calling me a wum.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #749: Sep 11, 2015 09:44:50 am
      When i've said that we wasted 25 mil on an injury prone player, people around here were calling me a wum.

I was expecting someone to slag me off and start blowing smoke up Lallanas arse, I must admit. Although you are WUM in general. :D
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #750: Sep 11, 2015 07:17:12 pm

No worries George you would be called that whether you said it or not.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #751: Sep 11, 2015 09:44:41 pm

Not his fault we paid that amount for him but I do wonder if he is robust enough to play 90mins every weak.
      Maybe that's why when he was at Saints he always got subbed around the 60-70 min mark.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #752: Sep 11, 2015 10:14:21 pm
      250 games since 2009-10 season = injury prone?
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #753: Sep 17, 2015 10:33:12 pm
      I thought Adam had a good game tonight v Bordeaux, he linked well between Coutinho/Rossiter/Chirivella/Sakho/Can and made a few good openings.  Still looks a bit low on sharpness and confidence, but we need him OR Ings in that position alongside Benteke to make things happen.
      I can see why a lot of you don't rate him, but if we play him right - and I think he was used in his best position after Half-time tonight - he could be the answer to our lack of chances and goals.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #754: Sep 17, 2015 10:45:32 pm
      I thought Adam had a good game tonight v Bordeaux, he linked well between Coutinho/Rossiter/Chirivella/Sakho/Can and made a few good openings.  Still looks a bit low on sharpness and confidence, but we need him OR Ings in that position alongside Benteke to make things happen.
      I can see why a lot of you don't rate him, but if we play him right - and I think he was used in his best position after Half-time tonight - he could be the answer to our lack of chances and goals.

Apart from the goal he was anonymous again.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #755: Sep 17, 2015 10:49:22 pm

I rate Lallana quite a bit, but he definitely needs to work on his inconsistency. He can be absolutely brilliant at times, and other times well off it. Coutinho too, for that matter, but he's the darling so he often gets a pass.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #756: Sep 18, 2015 09:26:44 am
      well at least we've finally put the "he scored so he must've had a good game" theory to bed.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #757: Sep 18, 2015 10:27:21 am
      Apart from the goal he was anonymous again.

Yup, he was awful to be honest, scored a nice goal though
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,023 posts | 529 
      Reply #758: Sep 18, 2015 11:23:48 am
      f***in hell, the guy can do nothing right for some can he?
      Luckily he seems to have a fair bit of belief in himself.

Good goal last night, which, for those who can take the blinkers off, continues a pretty good start to the season for him individually. We could have done with him against W Ham and ManU, especially with Coutinho out for the latter. ( Plus it'd have been handy to single him out as a typical example of why we lost eh?)

Tricky getting him, Cou and Firmino all in the same team ( although in current from he is playing better than Firmino). He is probably more comfortable playing wide than those 2 though, and looks like he could play as 1 of midfield 3 as well in some games.

Maybe wont start against Norwich cos he's just back from injury, but looks like he could be an important player for us this season.

Quick Reply