Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 231328 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #943: Dec 31, 2015 04:11:18 am
      why do you even pretend to know anything about football?

Bit rich coming from you of all people...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #944: Dec 31, 2015 04:16:46 am
      why do you even pretend to know anything about football? Lallana is the new Downing. He's at Liverpool for two reasons. 1. Rodgers. 2. Klopp hasn't had a transfer window yet. We are a bit low on numbers in that area through injuries, but if a bid is placed for Lallana in the summer I think he'll be gone.

How many red cards does Sterling have now?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #945: Dec 31, 2015 08:01:16 am
      Honestly didn't get a chance to look at the line up before the game kicked off as had jsut woken up when game started. I didn't see him for the first 15 minutes, then the commentator called his name. Was the first and only time I realized he was on the pitch.

Thought he was very poor and needed subbing. Now I like Adam, don't get me wrong but Tex must be sitting on the bench thinking wtf do I have to do to get some minutes.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #946: Dec 31, 2015 09:12:05 am
      Honestly didn't get a chance to look at the line up before the game kicked off as had jsut woken up when game started. I didn't see him for the first 15 minutes, then the commentator called his name. Was the first and only time I realized he was on the pitch.

Thought he was very poor and needed subbing. Now I like Adam, don't get me wrong but Tex must be sitting on the bench thinking wtf do I have to do to get some minutes.

I can't imagine how bad Tex must be in training not to get in ahead of Adam.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #947: Dec 31, 2015 09:50:57 am

Must be really sh*t mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #948: Dec 31, 2015 11:24:43 am
      I really don't think he was as bad as some of you lot are making out.

Not many really excelled last night but Lallana seems to get the most criticism.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #949: Dec 31, 2015 12:03:11 pm

Not many really excelled last night but Lallana seems to get the most criticism.

He was awful mate. How he is getting a gig is beyond me it really is.

He is giving us nothing at all. Needs time out.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #950: Dec 31, 2015 12:38:18 pm
      It's amazing the lengths some posters on here will go to make it known they don't rate a player. Lallana was not up to par today, along with: Couts, Firmino, Can, Hendo, Lucas, Clyne, Moreno and besides the goal, Benteke. On recent form, if you cal for Lallana to sit out, all the rest must be out too.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #951: Dec 31, 2015 12:46:03 pm
      So, Lallana. Now obviously he is a good footballer, we all know that because he's shown it for us in snatches and he was a good player at Southampton too. At Southampton he was not only a fairly regular scorer and assister, he was the captain as well. From that it's reasonable to assume he actually has something about him and isn't the powder puff willo' the whisp player we're seeing now.

So where did it all go wrong? How did he turn from being a player who burst onto the international scene a couple of years back to being an empty shirt now? I think the principal problem is that between him and us (by "us" I mean the coaching staff/fans) there's been a complete disconnect and we've forgotten between us all what he ought really to be trying to do. For me he's at his very best if you can get him on the ball in the penalty area. THAT'S where his little feints, dragbacks, farts and swivels come into their own because defenders are afraid to touch him. In there, he can cause teams real problems. Not only that, he hits it well off both feet and can even head it too.

So step one to his rehabilitation IMHO ought to be telling him to get very close to Benteke, to rotate a little more with Firmino and to get himself ahead of the ball between the goals much more than he is doing. Yes initiate the press, yes get involved in it, but his job ought to be to score goals and/or cause goals to be scored. Lets start making things simple for players, Adam Lallana needs to get back to doing what he's good at.

In the short term though, he needs a few splinters in his @rse while thinks about things, and a f****** crew cut n'all. 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #952: Dec 31, 2015 12:48:59 pm
      Can I say I told you so since I've been saying all this since the day he signed.

Mind you, I also said there was a player inside David N'Gog. And Rickie Lambert. And Damien Plessis. And Chris Kirkland. And...well plenty of others
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #953: Dec 31, 2015 01:49:55 pm
      You're just a wind up merchant. It's you that needs to get a hobby not Luke just for being honest about Lallana
      « Last Edit: Dec 31, 2015 02:47:30 pm by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #954: Dec 31, 2015 02:46:18 pm
      Bit rich coming from you of all people...
      Just went through your recent posts and couldn't help notice you only comment on negative things or post something negative about a positive. I won't take your posts personal because I know what kind of poster you are.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #955: Dec 31, 2015 03:48:31 pm
      Just went through your recent posts and couldn't help notice you only comment on negative things or post something negative about a positive. I won't take your posts personal because I know what kind of poster you are.

Rip' it seems like during your bit of time away you've taken a "harden up" pill and have come back all bristly and ready to take on all-comers, getting your retaliation in first etc. It's not like you mate you were better as you were before.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #956: Dec 31, 2015 04:20:07 pm
      Rip' it seems like during your bit of time away you've taken a "harden up" pill and have come back all bristly and ready to take on all-comers, getting your retaliation in first etc. It's not like you mate you were better as you were before.
      It's not that I was trying to be a jerk, but just don't like stuff like this..
      You need to get a hobby bro. I don't think I've ever seen someone go so far out of their own way to pat themselves on the back about every little thing they post.
      Now even though that was directed at Luke and not me, Lallana has actually good reason for doubters so that was quite unreasonable. All the guy does is try to wind people up. I'm not convinced he comes on here for sensible debates... if ever I try to call him up on it he actually just goes on about some ancient blown out of proportion Sterling red card crap.
      It's pretty much his answer to everything when he knows he has been pulled up on being wrong about something.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #957: Dec 31, 2015 06:24:12 pm
      he'd make a good invisible superhero character.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #958: Jan 01, 2016 03:53:34 am
      he'd make a good invisible superhero character.

Lallanaman?

Does he live on Acacia Road too ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIHEFlD_VDM
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #959: Jan 01, 2016 03:57:16 am

I really don't think we want to be going down the "For when Adam eats a banana" route.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #960: Jan 01, 2016 03:59:31 am
      I really don't think we want to be going down the "For when Adam eats a banana" route.

Taking it literally I was thinking he might run out of family members pretty quite quickly.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #961: Jan 01, 2016 02:49:17 pm
      Can't see him being here next season.  No offence to the lad, but I just don't think he's good enough.  If he could add goals to his game though anythings possible.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #962: Jan 01, 2016 05:37:10 pm
      Can't see him being here next season.  No offence to the lad, but I just don't think he's good enough.  If he could add goals to his game though anythings possible.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't. Klopp seems to really like/rate him. No way would I sell him. I don't think he's got enough goals to justify playing every week like he is currently, but he's a really good option to have in the squad.

why do you even pretend to know anything about football? Lallana is the new Downing. He's at Liverpool for two reasons. 1. Rodgers. 2. Klopp hasn't had a transfer window yet. We are a bit low on numbers in that area through injuries, but if a bid is placed for Lallana in the summer I think he'll be gone.

He's miles better than Downing was for us. Miles. That's a ludicrous comparison. Klopp clearly likes him. He's spoken very highly of him. I do think he'll look to sign a wide player in the summer, but I don't think he'll be looking to sell Lallana. I think he'll remain here as a member of the squad because despite never getting any credit, he does contribute to the team. Lallana shouldn't be playing every week, that's obvious, but he is a good player to have in the squad.

He wasn't as bad as people are making out. Only really the full backs and Henderson had good games, I thought. Lallana was no worse than the rest of the team.

It's almost as if people massively overrate Teixeira and hugely underrate Lallana. Strange, eh?

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #963: Jan 07, 2016 12:18:06 pm
      With Coutinho injured its time for Adam to step in as our creator and scorer. He has done it at Southampton and time is running out for him to do it here. Decent is no longer good enough. Do or die now for him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #964: Jan 14, 2016 08:04:32 am
      Another game of plenty of running and a few pretty turns but with zero end product.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #965: Jan 14, 2016 08:30:36 am
      We'd be better calling Markovic from his loan, he is better than Lallana who offers nothing. At least Markovic was more direct and i think Klopp could make him way better.

Quick Reply