Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223420 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)
      Jul 01, 2014 11:06:48 am

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Adam Lallana from Southampton.

The 26-year-old has put pen to paper on a long-term deal with the Reds after passing a medical at Melwood.

Lallana becomes Brendan Rodgers' second summer signing following the capture of Rickie Lambert, who has also joined from the Saints, while a deal has been agreed in principle for Bayer Leverkusen's Emre Can.

Upon completing his transfer to Liverpool, the midfielder said: "I'm so excited for the next chapter of my career, coming to a special club like Liverpool. I'm quite humbled and I just can't wait to get started.

"Hopefully I can settle in quickly, and I will give it my best throughout the whole time I'm here. I hope I can add something to the team and hopefully we can win trophies while I'm here, because that's why I'm here - for success."

Lallana arrives at Liverpool fresh from returning from Brazil, where he was a part of England's World Cup squad, making three appearances at the finals.

He made 250 appearances for Southampton between August 2006 and May 2014, hitting 58 goals in total and becoming club captain in 2012.

Lallana's performances last season earned him a place in the Barclays Premier League Team of the Year for 2013-14.
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165545-liverpool-complete-lallana-deal

Adam, welcome to Liverpool Football Club...

Thank you very much. I'm over the moon for it to be sorted. I still can't quite believe it. I just can't wait to get started in pre-season and work with the team.

Can you describe your emotions right now?

Not really, no, it has not sunk in if I'm being honest. I'd like to thank everyone at Southampton for what they have done for me; I have been there for the best part of 14 years. I'm so excited for the next chapter of my career, coming to a special club like Liverpool. I'm quite humbled and I just can't wait to get started.

After spending so much of your life on the south coast, how big a step is this for you?

It's a huge step. Liverpool have got so much history and after the season they had last season, I can't wait to get started and carry on and build on that. Champions League football is back; everyone is telling me that the atmosphere on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at Anfield are something special. Lambert is up here already and he has been telling me all about it. It's great that I can continue my career with him as well. That's a special moment.

How much of a help is he going to be now you're both here at Liverpool?

A massive help. I've spent the last four or five years with him. We've had great careers at Southampton and achieved something special, but we're both thoroughly looking forward to the new challenge. It's Rickie's boyhood club and a club I can't wait to be a part of.

Tell us what the thought process is when you find out that Liverpool Football Club are interested in you...

To start off with...if it's true! There had been a lot of toing and froing and it had been a little bit longer than I'd anticipated, but it's something I'm not quite used to. I'm grateful that Southampton accepted the offer in the end and granted my wish to play at such a fantastic football club, in Champions League football and competing for Premier League titles. I'll probably get back started in pre-season within three weeks. I'll have time to chill out with my family, go on holiday and take a break from it for a week or so. Then I'll come back fully focused on the job in hand.

Who was the first person you spoke to about this move?

Probably my dad, my family and my wife. A lot of my close friends are Southampton fans, but they understand. They understand this is an opportunity that you just can't turn down. At the age I'm at, 26 now, it's just the right step. I'm sure most people will understand my decision.

You've had quite a rise in quite a short space of time - you're now a Liverpool player, you're an England international. Does it seem surreal? Does it sink in, how far you've come?

It doesn't yet. To think, five or six years ago, I was playing in League One. But it's a reality that we've climbed up the leagues and done so well. I'd like to think I'm here on merit, I think I've earned it. I just can't wait to keep improving, playing with world-class players and a lot of England teammates as well, which I'm also looking forward to so much. It's going to be a great new chapter in my life.

Do your ambitions as a player change now that you're at a club like this?

They have to - it's a huge club that wants to win titles again and compete in the Champions League. There are different targets to what a club like Southampton has, but I'm just going to be pushing to do the best I can.

What has the manager, Brendan Rodgers, said to you about how he sees you fitting into his Liverpool?

I can't say I've had that chat in detail yet. But from what I have spoken to him, he seems like a top manager. Everyone compliments him massively and gives him great references. All of the lads at England said that if I did get the chance to work with him then it would help my career in huge ways. So I can't wait to get started working with him.

How do you think your style and your game will complement what he already has here at Liverpool?

I hope it complements and I can bring something different to the team. People have said to me that there are similarities in the way Southampton and Liverpool play their football, and I hope that enables me to settle that much easier. I just can't wait to start playing with the world-class players that are here - I'm only going to learn and get better.
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165547-adam-lallana-the-first-lfc-interview
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2020 01:42:10 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jul 01, 2014 11:07:05 am
      Signed and sealed! Welcome to the club, Adam Lallana.

One of my favourites last season, look forward to seeing him in Liverpool Red.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165545-liverpool-complete-lallana-deal

Liverpool Complete Lallana Deal
      Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Adam Lallana from Southampton.

The 26-year-old has put pen to paper on a long-term deal with the Reds after passing a medical at Melwood.

Lallana becomes Brendan Rodgers' second summer signing following the capture of Rickie Lambert, who has also joined from the Saints, while a deal has been agreed in principle for Bayer Leverkusen's Emre Can.

Upon completing his transfer to Liverpool, the midfielder said: "I'm so excited for the next chapter of my career, coming to a special club like Liverpool. I'm quite humbled and I just can't wait to get started.

"Hopefully I can settle in quickly, and I will give it my best throughout the whole time I'm here. I hope I can add something to the team and hopefully we can win trophies while I'm here, because that's why I'm here - for success."

Lallana arrives at Liverpool fresh from returning from Brazil, where he was a part of England's World Cup squad, making three appearances at the finals.

He made 250 appearances for Southampton between August 2006 and May 2014, hitting 58 goals in total and becoming club captain in 2012.

Lallana's performances last season earned him a place in the Barclays Premier League Team of the Year for 2013-14.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #2: Jul 01, 2014 11:13:17 am
      Welcome Adam.

Hope to see you take us to that next level.

YNWA

(nice to see you beat Crouchinho to it)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #3: Jul 01, 2014 11:13:48 am
      Two player threads.

Eager beavers.

;D

As has been stated elsewhere by myself, welcome to LFC Adam - lil tip, play without pressure.  ;)

:scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #4: Jul 01, 2014 11:14:12 am
      Next up, Southampton  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014 11:32:49 am by CoutinhoRed »
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #5: Jul 01, 2014 11:14:16 am
      Brendan Rodgers believes new signing Adam Lallana will prove a perfect fit into his Liverpool squad.

The Reds swooped to secure the services of the 26-year-old today as he arrived from Southampton to become the club's second summer acquisition.

Lallana, who has just returned from the World Cup finals with England, has excelled in the Barclays Premier League with the Saints over the past two seasons - and Rodgers is confident he'll feel right at home at Anfield.

"We are delighted to have secured the services of one of the Premier League's top talents in signing Adam Lallana," the boss told Liverpoolfc.com at Melwood.

"What is apparent about Adam is that his character is on a par with his talent.

"He is an exceptional young man and someone who has a love for the game - and, most importantly, a desire to progress and improve.

"Adam is motivated by being the best he can be and being part of something special. We believe he fits right in with what we are trying to do at Liverpool.

"We have seen, over the past two seasons in the Barclays Premier League, he has a tactical awareness to adapt to what is required of him and to put the team above his personal ambitions.

"He has leadership skills and personal qualities that make him a special commodity and I am delighted we have acted decisively to make sure he is wearing a Liverpool shirt next season.

"Adam is aware there will be great competition for places at this club and he is hungry to improve further. We are confident he will fit perfectly with the culture we have at Liverpool.

"I'm excited about working with Adam and helping him to progress even further."
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #6: Jul 01, 2014 11:17:29 am
      Two player threads.

Eager beavers.

;D

Waiting to pounce.

So it's official, Adam Lallana is a Liverpool player.

His stats for last season were not too shabby. Covered a lot of ground, remained injury free (playing all 38 games), scored 9, created 68 chances (same as Willian and Coutinho). Shooting accuracy significantly better than Phillipes at 55 percent. I hope he comes good.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #7: Jul 01, 2014 11:18:50 am
      Merged the two threads, nobody's fault. I think everyone's really bouncing with this signing.

Welcome to LFC, Adam. Try your best is all we ask, do that and we'll love you.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #8: Jul 01, 2014 11:25:11 am
      I think that Gerrard, Henderson, Lallana, Allen, Coutinho and Leiva will fight for three places.

Welcome home. So Lallana and Lambert will play their first official game against their former club :)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #9: Jul 01, 2014 11:27:14 am
      Quality signing. Welcome to the best club in the world Adam!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #10: Jul 01, 2014 11:29:59 am
      Adam Lallana
      Adam Lallana
      La, la, la, la, Lallana
      Adam Lallana
      It's Adam Lallana

(tune of La Bamba - I know it's Rafa's song but it fits)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #11: Jul 01, 2014 11:34:32 am

Zaf has his hands on Lallana, bet Purple Aki isn't too happy about it.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #12: Jul 01, 2014 11:35:53 am
      I think that Gerrard, Henderson, Lallana, Allen, Coutinho and Leiva will fight for three places.

Welcome home. So Lallana and Lambert will play their first official game against their former club :)

You forgot to mention Emre Can. I'd like to see him really push Stevie.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #13: Jul 01, 2014 11:36:14 am
      You forgot to mention Emre Can. I'd like to see him really push Stevie.
      Sure mate

Those who are saying it's a waste of money, they said the same with Sturridge and Coutinho.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #14: Jul 01, 2014 11:46:31 am
      Fantastic signing, good luck Adam, go be a star.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #15: Jul 01, 2014 11:54:52 am
      Adam Lallana
      Adam Lallana
      La, la, la, la, Lallana
      Adam Lallana
      It's Adam Lallana

(tune of La Bamba - I know it's Rafa's song but it fits)

Think Lola by the Kinks would be better.....

La-la-la-Lallana..... :D

At any rate, really like the player and excited we wrapped this one up pretty quickly all things considered. Welcome to the greatest club in the world.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #16: Jul 01, 2014 12:16:27 pm
      Nice to see us getting business done nice and early. Welcome Adam. Now to win the league
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #17: Jul 01, 2014 12:23:25 pm
      WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL FC ADAM

YNWA
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #18: Jul 01, 2014 12:25:18 pm
      Welcome to LFC Adam.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #19: Jul 01, 2014 12:33:23 pm
      Welcome.
      I think that a few people are in for a surprise.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20: Jul 01, 2014 12:34:31 pm
      Welcome to LFC Adam.... good luck 
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Jul 01, 2014 01:07:35 pm
      welcome to the greatest club in england.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #22: Jul 01, 2014 01:36:54 pm
      I hope he signed his contract like our previous #20 did:

Quick Reply