Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223333 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #46: Jul 01, 2014 10:08:36 pm
      Not overjoyed by this given the price but none the less I hope he proves me wrong! Go on lad, show us why we signed you!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: Jul 01, 2014 10:19:45 pm
      I'm not going to get hung on the price, just look at his stats and you can see what he will bring to a Brendan Rodgers team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #48: Jul 01, 2014 10:24:27 pm
      just look at his stats and you can see what he will bring to a Brendan Rodgers team.

It's one thing doing it for a team like Saints but a totally different kind of pressure on him now, a lot of players have failed to carry on their form at a top once they have gotten the move.

But like I say I hope I'm wrong, I hope he can deliver for us and go on to become a key player for us. The signs are promising from his time in the league so far so fingers crossed!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #49: Jul 01, 2014 10:35:16 pm
      Yes! A top buy. Welcome to Anfield!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #50: Jul 01, 2014 10:40:02 pm
      It's one thing doing it for a team like Saints but a totally different kind of pressure on him now, a lot of players have failed to carry on their form at a top once they have gotten the move.

He's a high energy player who covers a lot of ground, presses front the front and wins back a lot of possession, I can see why Rodgers went for him as he fits his style of play, me personally I'd have looked for better value in Europe, but maybe Rodgers didn't think alternatives had that high energy in them that Llana brings, that's why I'm not going to get hung up on it too much as I can see why Rodgers went for him, £10-£15-£20m matters not to me, we got our man.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #51: Jul 02, 2014 12:00:19 am
      Great news.

A player I really wanted here and one I think Brendan will make an even better player.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #52: Jul 02, 2014 12:01:59 am
      He's a high energy player who covers a lot of ground, presses front the front and wins back a lot of possession, I can see why Rodgers went for him as he fits his style of play, me personally I'd have looked for better value in Europe, but maybe Rodgers didn't think alternatives had that high energy in them that Llana brings, that's why I'm not going to get hung up on it too much as I can see why Rodgers went for him, £10-£15-£20m matters not to me, we got our man.

Him and Hendo are going to cover a lot of ground.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #53: Jul 02, 2014 12:05:00 am
      Made up.

Welcome Adam to the Greatest Football Club on the Planet.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #54: Jul 02, 2014 12:06:37 am
      Great news.

A player I really wanted here and one I think Brendan will make an even better player.

Happy for you mate, I know you have wanted him right from the off.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #55: Jul 02, 2014 01:10:44 am
      Seeing as most of these type of signings have a sh*t first season I cannot wait for 2015-16!!

Good luck Adam - welcome to Liverpool.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #56: Jul 02, 2014 01:45:12 am
      Not overjoyed by this given the price but none the less I hope he proves me wrong! Go on lad, show us why we signed you!
      For 25m I think it was a fair deal considering the positions he can play in.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #57: Jul 02, 2014 03:34:45 am
      Seeing as most of these type of signings have a sh*t first season I cannot wait for 2015-16!!

:lmao:
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #58: Jul 02, 2014 08:34:58 am
      Welcome.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #59: Jul 02, 2014 10:40:41 am
      Seems our new boy has a bit of a man crush on Gerrard

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/adam-lallana-transfer-liverpool-new-3794296

At least he has taste ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #60: Jul 02, 2014 11:30:46 am
      Brendan got his man. Welcome to LFC Adam; you'll thrive here mate... big times ahead. YNWA.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #61: Jul 02, 2014 12:16:20 pm
      Wanted this lad at LFC ever since Southampton were in the Championship - he's always had that touch of extra class more than the lads around him and I'm excited to see how he does!

Welcome to the club lad, YNWA
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #62: Jul 02, 2014 03:42:50 pm
      the chief football correspondant for Bournmouths Daily newspaper has tweeted that they received £4m from the sale of Lallana.

so it looks like we have only paid £16m not the £25m in the press.

seems a good like a much better deal
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #63: Jul 02, 2014 03:46:50 pm
      unless Bournemouth lowered there percentage inorder to make the deal happen
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #64: Jul 03, 2014 04:29:07 pm
      So it turned out to be 18m with possible milestones of up to 23m....12 million less than many were shitting themselves over just a week ago.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #65: Jul 04, 2014 06:16:20 am
      So it turned out to be 18m with possible milestones of up to 23m....12 million less than many were shitting themselves over just a week ago.

Nah mate, Bournemouth have said that they took a reduced fee that doesn't reflect the true cost of the transfer.

"The transfer fee was undisclosed which means our cut will also remain undisclosed, but it was certainly not as simple as 25 per cent of any fee which has been reported by the press over the past few weeks.

"There were lots of small sacrifices that had to be made by all parties for the deal to happen, but I think each club involved, and the player himself, can be very happy with the final outcome."

Sadly small clubs usually end up getting less than they should from these deals as "something is still better than nothing."
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #66: Jul 04, 2014 06:41:26 am
      Nah mate, Bournemouth have said that they took a reduced fee that doesn't reflect the true cost of the transfer.

"The transfer fee was undisclosed which means our cut will also remain undisclosed, but it was certainly not as simple as 25 per cent of any fee which has been reported by the press over the past few weeks.

"There were lots of small sacrifices that had to be made by all parties for the deal to happen, but I think each club involved, and the player himself, can be very happy with the final outcome."

Sadly small clubs usually end up getting less than they should from these deals as "something is still better than nothing."

I am just reporting what JD has up as our cost for the transfer Saint.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #67: Jul 04, 2014 06:50:40 am
      I am just reporting what JD has up as our cost for the transfer Saint.

Obviously J.D. must know something I don't then mate. Good news if it's true as it certainly reflects his real value much better.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #68: Jul 05, 2014 01:53:43 am
      Would people consider Lallana to be a similar type of player to Valbuena? There are similarities in my opinion. I can see Lallana playing in a similar role to Valbuena.

Quick Reply