Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223356 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1357: Aug 04, 2017 05:14:30 pm
       :mad: :mad: :mad:

Season not even start yet.

Get well soon.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1358: Aug 04, 2017 05:14:50 pm
      Don't worry, we'll be fine with all them signings we've made to improve our squad depth.

Haha

If Cou heads to Barca our season is finished before it even begins.

Ever Jürgen can't work miracles.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1359: Aug 04, 2017 05:17:15 pm
      Just saw that on BBC, terrible news, he's going to be certainly missed.

Hopefully it'll be less than three months.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1360: Aug 04, 2017 05:28:03 pm
      Terrible news, even more imperative we pull our fingers out and get a couple of players in, as an aside he don't do minor injuries does he?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1361: Aug 04, 2017 05:29:44 pm
      F**k sake
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1362: Aug 04, 2017 05:30:24 pm
      WTF? He's becoming as injury prone as Sturridge. How does a thigh injury cause a 2 month layup? I mean he'd have to have torn something.

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #1363: Aug 04, 2017 05:32:54 pm
      Terrible news, for the player and us. I really hope our transfer business, or lack of it doesn't come back and bite us on the **se!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1364: Aug 04, 2017 05:37:47 pm
      This could be good news in the long run.... Short term it sucks, but lets face it, he would be the odd man out of the starting 11 so outside of a B team squad player and super sub you don't miss him terribly. Depth does take a hit, however, this may be what we need to get off our butts and get some signings done. These next few weeks will be crazy now that Neymar has left Barca. PSG will start selling players, Barca will buy players, the Spurs prolly start making moves and we WILL be active. Neymar was the piece we needed to fall to see the signings open up. Lets hope this motivates us to sign a new MF along with others.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1365: Aug 04, 2017 05:44:00 pm
      This could be good news in the long run.... Short term it sucks, but lets face it, he would be the odd man out of the starting 11 so outside of a B team squad player and super sub you don't miss him terribly. Depth does take a hit, however, this may be what we need to get off our butts and get some signings done. These next few weeks will be crazy now that Neymar has left Barca. PSG will start selling players, Barca will buy players, the Spurs prolly start making moves and we WILL be active. Neymar was the piece we needed to fall to see the signings open up. Lets hope this motivates us to sign a new MF along with others.

If all it takes for us to start signing players is a player getting injured one week before the start of the season then we've got much bigger issues than that.
      Our last-minute signings rarely work out don't they.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1366: Aug 04, 2017 06:09:32 pm
      If all it takes for us to start signing players is a player getting injured one week before the start of the season then we've got much bigger issues than that.
      Our last-minute signings rarely work out don't they.

I don't think this will be the only reason, but a contributing factor to press the issue. I think that CL qualifier results and the pursuit of VVD and Keita have slowed us to this point. However, with Adam going down I see it being a motivator for us to strengthen our MF roster.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #1367: Aug 04, 2017 06:20:36 pm
      It doesn't matter that he's injured, our squad is so stacked with quality...

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1368: Aug 04, 2017 06:37:33 pm
      This could be good news in the long run.... Short term it sucks, but lets face it, he would be the odd man out of the starting 11 so outside of a B team squad player and super sub you don't miss him terribly.

Really? Lallana's one of the first on the team sheet for me.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1369: Aug 04, 2017 06:54:45 pm
      How can this be good news you turnip? People who try to make false silver linings are utter idiots. This is not good for Liverpool at all. He may not be first team because of Mane or Salah etc... but we don't want a paper thin team with a low quality bench. Maybe Klopp will have to halt his Woodburn midfield experiment and keep him as a forward. It is a shame because I thought Woodburn would have been brilliant there. The only way this can ever be good news is if it had ANY way of stopping a Coutinho sale. Personally I didn't think Coutinho would be sold anyway, so I don't think there are any positives.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1370: Aug 04, 2017 06:56:45 pm
      Really? Lallana's one of the first on the team sheet for me.

Yep, there's no way he was going to the bench ahead of Gini or Can. He's likely one of the first names on the sheet when he's healthy. When we are playing well/pressing well, he's one of the main reasons for that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1371: Aug 04, 2017 07:00:31 pm
      Yep, there's no way he was going to the bench ahead of Gini or Can. He's likely one of the first names on the sheet when he's healthy. When we are playing well/pressing well, he's one of the main reasons for that.
      I would rather have Lallana on the wing. Lallana goes forward really well, he is a great threat but it can leave us a bit exposed in the centre when he is deployed as an attacking midfielder. Lallana can defend okay but he cant be everywhere. The reason why this really sucks though, is it limits our options at the start of the league where out harder games are. If we can add one more good CM I don't think we will feel it as much.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1372: Aug 04, 2017 07:11:35 pm

Phil moving back changes that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1373: Aug 04, 2017 07:13:18 pm

Not really....like I said, Gini or Can will go to the bench before Lallana. He can do what Gini can do, but Gini can't do what Adam can.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1374: Aug 04, 2017 07:17:00 pm
      I just hope we don't see a Hendo, Can and Wijnaldum midfield :(
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1375: Aug 04, 2017 07:20:45 pm
      Regardless of whether he's first XI or not, for the first couple of months in the season, with group stage, Premiership and League Cup matches all going on, there will be 18 players getting regular minutes and he would have been one of them. He plays a position that involves the most running in the team and regular rotation will be necessary.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1376: Aug 04, 2017 07:22:24 pm
      Not really....like I said, Gini or Can will go to the bench before Lallana. He can do what Gini can do, but Gini can't do what Adam can.
      To be honest, I have a unique view on this. Players like Suarez, Coutinho... etc world class players start every game. Lallana is good but not world class and just because he had a good season last year, doesn't mean this year will be the same. I remember Lucas Levia, Henderson, Can etc.. have long spells where they are great then longs spells where they are lacklustre. It wouldn't surprise me if Lallana had these ups and downs too. Gini is a different style player and you are right, he can't play exactly the same game as Lallana can but Gini can do things Lallana can't also. They both add an extra option. Coutinho is a different kettle of fish though. I think he can do anything Lallana can. Gini would have been a bigger blow in my opinion despite Lallana being ahead of him on the team sheet because we are short on that type of player. If we had signed Kieta, it would have been a different matter. Still a bad loss though.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2017 07:27:25 pm by Ribapuru »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1377: Aug 04, 2017 07:31:57 pm
      To be honest, I have a unique view on this. Players like Suarez, Coutinho... etc world class players start every game. Lallana is good but not world class and just because he had a good season last year, doesn't mean this year will be the same. I remember Lucas Levia, Henderson, Can etc.. have long spells where they are great then longs spells where they are lacklustre. It wouldn't surprise me if Lallana had these ups and downs too. Gini is a different style player and you are right, he can't play exactly the same game as Lallana can but Gini can do things Lallana can't also. They both add an extra option. Coutinho is a different kettle of fish though. I think he can do anything Lallana can. Gini would have been a bigger blow in my opinion despite Lallana being ahead of him on the team sheet because we are short on that type of player. If we had signed Kieta, it would have been a different matter. Still a bad loss though.

What can Gini do that Lallana can't? Not score away from home?
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1378: Aug 04, 2017 07:32:35 pm
      ;D

A unique view?  Thank you for that unique view Captain Obvious.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1379: Aug 04, 2017 07:34:51 pm

Adam is a nice play maker, I will certainly give you that. However, all the other players outside of Gini bring things we need to the pitch that Adam doesn't. Phil will play the same way Adam does but better and with more add on's. Henderson brings smart passing and physicality to the pitch and Can brings size and physicality while also being able to push the ball forward and pull up from outside the box. Adam is a great squad player and an ideal sub. In some packages he will start when healthy, but for the most part his time of starting is coming to its end, especially if we add quality depth to the positions. I bet we sell him next window, I think he has new contract kick or something that would help us move him. (Pure speculation on that last part)

Quick Reply