Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223373 times
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1633: Oct 21, 2018 12:58:41 pm
      Gotta say I was impressed with what Adam offered after his eternal absence. If he stays injury-free he will become an upgrade to Hendom Gini and certainly to Milner.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1634: Oct 21, 2018 01:00:22 pm
      Gotta say I was impressed with what Adam offered after his eternal absence. If he stays injury-free he will become an upgrade to Hendom Gini and certainly to Milner.

What he brings is something different to them
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1635: Oct 21, 2018 01:09:03 pm
      Adam just needs game time.

Some fans have short memories and forget how good he was 2 seasons back  before all his injury problems.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1636: Oct 21, 2018 02:08:30 pm
      Thought he was okay and was showing some fantastic skill and flair as well high levels of pressing, but again, no real end product.

Once he gets his fitness back, I want to see him part of the midfield 3.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1637: Oct 21, 2018 05:14:39 pm
      Was a real bonus to see him back in the side. Would be huge to have him back fit and firing for the rest of the season because he offers some Guille and subtlety from the middle of the park which has been lacking thus far. Just needs a decent run of games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1638: Oct 21, 2018 05:20:51 pm
      Really happy to see him playing again he is another great option for Jürgen. He is really aggressive with the press really high up and does his defensive work too. He clearly needs game time to get his touch back but definitely a plus for the squad
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1639: Oct 21, 2018 08:56:22 pm
      Should play in central midfield if he is to play as he doesn't have the pace to play wide up front.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1640: Oct 21, 2018 09:32:50 pm
      Should play in central midfield if he is to play as he doesn't have the pace to play wide up front.

Was actually surprised to see Lallana play more advance than Shaqiri over the course of the duration he was on the pitch.

Whilst he isn't as creative and quick as Shaqiri, he has the technical ability to play inbetween the lines and link midfield and attack, but also has the added bonus of his work rate.

Might be better off using Lallana over Shaqiri in midfield now that he has returned, at least until Ox returns or we sign Fekir in Jan ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1641: Oct 21, 2018 09:38:15 pm

Agreed.

Some of his Cruyff turns are unreal, stick him in the middle and he’ll make space for himself
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1642: Oct 22, 2018 01:08:31 am
      Thought that was a very good return for him given how long he's bed out for. I always saw Adam as a CAM and in the absence of a creative number ten now I would give him a run in there.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1643: Oct 22, 2018 01:29:37 am

It's more to lack of options than anything else, really. We don't have a natural replacement for Mane when he's out so Lallana is the one who was chosen to fill in. I believe Ox has also played LW in fill-in appearances, but he's also out of position when he's there. We need a proper Mane backup.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1644: Oct 22, 2018 09:45:33 am
      It's more to lack of options than anything else, really. We don't have a natural replacement for Mane when he's out so Lallana is the one who was chosen to fill in. I believe Ox has also played LW in fill-in appearances, but he's also out of position when he's there. We need a proper Mane backup.

Shaq would be the obvious back up out wide. Jürgen played him centrally, with Lallana out wide against Huddersfield. Worth a try maybe - Lallana played mainly on the wing for Southampton ( and was one of our better players against Huddersfield), but overall probably better swapping those 2 round.

Origi is also an option wide left at a push. As is Ox when he is fit again. I think we have a fair bit of cover in wide areas overall.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1645: Oct 22, 2018 12:11:47 pm
      Shaq would be the obvious back up out wide. Jürgen played him centrally, with Lallana out wide against Huddersfield. Worth a try maybe - Lallana played mainly on the wing for Southampton ( and was one of our better players against Huddersfield), but overall probably better swapping those 2 round.

Origi is also an option wide left at a push. As is Ox when he is fit again. I think we have a fair bit of cover in wide areas overall.

Yeah I thought that was a bit weird, playing Lallana up top and Shaq in midfield, almost as weird as playing Lovren as CB instead of Gomez and dropping TAA. I'm not quite sure what Klopp's thinking is with that, surely the preferred CB pairing has to be VVD and Gomez or has Jürgen bought into Lovren's posts about him being the best defender in the world?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1646: Oct 22, 2018 12:53:35 pm
      Yeah I thought that was a bit weird, playing Lallana up top and Shaq in midfield, almost as weird as playing Lovren as CB instead of Gomez and dropping TAA. I'm not quite sure what Klopp's thinking is with that, surely the preferred CB pairing has to be VVD and Gomez or has Jürgen bought into Lovren's posts about him being the best defender in the world?

Yeah cool story.

Maybe he just lost your number and couldn't get a hold of you to check on your infinite coaching experience and knowledge.

I'll write to the club and express all our concerns.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1647: Oct 22, 2018 01:16:12 pm

One of Huddersfield's main threats is the long ball and particularly the long throw. TAA is nowhere near as strong as Gomez is in the air, which I think is one of the reasons for Lovren's inclusion and Gomez being shifted to RB. We then have a strong CB and a RB who's very capable of defending the near post for those long throws especially. That, coupled with TAA's inconsistent performance levels so far this season, is probably a decent explanation.

Gomez and VVD is our number one partnership but Klopp sure knows a great deal more about his players than you or I do, and if he wants to use Lovren - who is still a good defender whatever you or anyone says - for certain games then there's usually one or two reasons for it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1648: Oct 22, 2018 04:55:06 pm
      Lallana will have the same fate like Moreno. We have enough in midfield and Lallana is not the difference maker we need there.

Gotta say I was impressed with what Adam offered after his eternal absence. If he stays injury-free he will become an upgrade to Hendo Gini and certainly to Milner.

Glad to see you change your tone, but Lallana played in the front 3.
      Where do you see him replacing Hendo, Gini & Milner?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1649: Nov 06, 2018 08:10:50 pm
      Zero end product. Too slow.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1650: Nov 06, 2018 09:41:40 pm
      Always takes ages to get up to a decent speed, which like lawn mower pace for Adam, but you would imagine with all our midfielders bar Ox back from injury how many more chances will he get to get to build up that elusive match fitness.

Probably best for him if he wants regular football to move on next year.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1651: Nov 06, 2018 09:52:58 pm
      I think some of us hoped rather than believed he could get back to his best but his touch has improved but his pace seems to have gone and that's understandable given the time out he has had. Its hard to see how he can get into the side and improve it
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1652: Nov 06, 2018 10:02:48 pm
      Was a good, almost great player once. But that was then. Southampton in January?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1653: Nov 06, 2018 10:04:03 pm
      I actually thought he was our best tonight.

Not saying much mind.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1654: Nov 06, 2018 10:06:30 pm
      Was a good, almost great player once. But that was then. Southampton in January?

I don’t think he’ll go during the season but I remember watching him begin his comeback in u23s earlier this year and wondering how the hell he could take our team forward...........

Mind that team weren’t playing like this team ;)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1655: Nov 06, 2018 10:39:20 pm
      swap,sell, trade do some f***in' thing with him and the January window

Quick Reply