Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223407 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1656: Nov 06, 2018 10:51:00 pm
      Perhaps send him marching, back to Southampton.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1657: Nov 07, 2018 01:37:33 am
      I don't know if Lallana can help this team, he's unpredictable but not in a good way.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1658: Nov 07, 2018 10:27:54 am
      I really thought Lallana could be useful for us this season but he is light years behind Shaquiri in that AM role. Can he get back up to speed, sadly I doubt it.

I think we need to go back in for Fekir in January and just pay what ever we need to, we desperately lack creativity in midfield and can't just rely on Shaq all season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1659: Nov 07, 2018 10:32:40 am
      Unfortunately injuries may have caught up with Adam, like Stu his pace is non existent now.

Time to go perhaps he will do well in a mid table team.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1660: Nov 07, 2018 11:21:41 am
      Like most on here I fully expect this to be his last season with us.

I thought the writing was on the wall when we played Red Star at home and he was set clean through on goal and had less pace than me nan.

Our squad players have to be better if we're going to win major honours.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1661: Nov 07, 2018 01:31:04 pm
      I actually thought he was our best tonight.

Not saying much mind.

Maybe not our best, but one of for sure. Like you say though....not saying a whole lot, but he at least put in a shift and created some chances.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1662: Nov 24, 2018 02:23:57 am
      Injured again. Beyond a joke, at least when Sturridge is fit to play he’s able to offer us something. Lallana is just stealing a wage and a place in the team for someone else now. Seriously time to move on from him and start pushing Jones on more.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1663: Nov 24, 2018 11:05:21 am
      Injured again. Beyond a joke, at least when Sturridge is fit to play he’s able to offer us something. Lallana is just stealing a wage and a place in the team for someone else now. Seriously time to move on from him and start pushing Jones on more.

He's just a drain on the team now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1664: Nov 24, 2018 11:13:33 am
      I really thought a fully fit Adam would be such a bonus to the team but a half fit out of form Lallana is just a bad smell hanging around the place get him fit for the January Sales.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1665: Nov 24, 2018 05:04:25 pm
      What! His he still here  ???
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1666: Nov 24, 2018 08:42:13 pm
      Surprised to read some of the comments in here. Dissapointing to hear he is currently injured but i'm assuming its a small knock? The lad needs more time, he has been out a long time. I think he can still find his form but he looks like he needs a proper spell clear of injuries and minutes under his belt.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1667: Nov 24, 2018 08:44:22 pm
      YNWA Adam hey
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1668: Nov 24, 2018 08:52:13 pm
      Surprised to read some of the comments in here. Dissapointing to hear he is currently injured but i'm assuming its a small knock? The lad needs more time, he has been out a long time. I think he can still find his form but he looks like he needs a proper spell clear of injuries and minutes under his belt.

his problem is when he was at his best for us was two seasons ago and this team is so much better now even at his best where would he play? I have a tremendous respect for Adam but he got injured at the worst possible time for his career
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1669: Nov 24, 2018 10:05:13 pm

Forgot people weren’t allowed to say anything negative about how some players simply aren’t good enough for us.
      Come on mate, he’s done sod all for us for most of his time with us, apart from one good half season after Klopp first arrived. The money he’s getting to not actually do anything I think justifies people’s opinions, especially when he’s clearly taking a space in the team away from someone who should actually start pushing on to the first team. Nothing personal against him, not for me or anyone else but it’s simply time he left and was forgotten.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1670: Nov 24, 2018 10:07:42 pm

I'm not so sure Scott. He's a quality footballer but I just think the team has went beyond him now and I can't really see him as anything more of a squad option in the near future.

Would be surprised if he's even with us in a years time.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1671: Nov 24, 2018 10:33:04 pm
      Forgot people weren’t allowed to say anything negative about how some players simply aren’t good enough for us.
      Come on mate, he’s done sod all for us for most of his time with us, apart from one good half season after Klopp first arrived. The money he’s getting to not actually do anything I think justifies people’s opinions, especially when he’s clearly taking a space in the team away from someone who should actually start pushing on to the first team. Nothing personal against him, not for me or anyone else but it’s simply time he left and was forgotten.

Thats not whats happenning. People are turning on a player for no other reason then he is injured. Hes defo good enough to be here no doubt but injuries are killing him and, like Sturridge, people now turning on him which is tge complete opposite of what we like to tell ourselves in our anthem
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1672: Nov 24, 2018 10:37:41 pm

Was a really good player, but he is past his best Scott.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1673: Nov 26, 2018 10:06:11 pm
      I'm not so sure Scott. He's a quality footballer but I just think the team has went beyond him now and I can't really see him as anything more of a squad option in the near future.

Would be surprised if he's even with us in a years time.

We need squad options though mate. If he can keep himself fit for the next couple of months then i'll make my own judgement. Some players take a while to come back from injury and he has had a couple of nasty ones to get past. Fully agree that the team is obviously better now but I also read people complaining about the lack of creativity and guile in our midfield three so if he can get back to near his form of 2 years ago he will play some games imo.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1674: Nov 27, 2018 03:48:32 pm
      I can see both points of view here, and even agree with both to one extent or another.

Unless he can get fit, and stay fit and rediscover his best form, I don't see much of a future for him here, which is a pity, because when he's on his game, he's a fine player.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1675: Nov 27, 2018 05:20:02 pm
      Thats not whats happenning. People are turning on a player for no other reason then he is injured. Hes defo good enough to be here no doubt but injuries are killing him and, like Sturridge, people now turning on him which is tge complete opposite of what we like to tell ourselves in our anthem
      I for one has always maintain three things about Adam Lallana and it has noting to do with his injuries, and they are...

1) his he will always chase the ball down

2) he may have good feet but is a poor mans Benayoun

3) Has no end product, Final ball is all over the place

Never rated him, simple no good enough for this team
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1676: Nov 28, 2018 10:38:21 am

Assuming he gets fit again who would you take out of the team to make room for his rehabilitation? Did you see even the slightest sign in the games he played this season that he was a positive for the team?
      He is now a sh*t injury prone player who has never had much end product anyway apart from a quite nifty Cruyff turn which is usually utterly ineffective.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1677: Nov 28, 2018 10:39:54 am
      Was a really good player, but he is past his best Scott.

Was an ok player, not great and not even that good if we are honest, we have far better options in midfield now.

Ask yourself the question is the team massively impacted by his absence at the moment?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1678: Nov 28, 2018 12:04:38 pm
      Lallana is a weird one, he will play great after 7 or 8 games but that's too long to take to get back up to speed. As soon as he gets good again he gets injured! He is like Michael Owen in the respect he can get injured doing nothing! He's past his peak now so he's unlikely to get better next season than this season. He has a contract until 2020, he might retire at that time I guess.

Quick Reply