Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223364 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1702: Feb 05, 2019 12:10:03 pm
      First Start since October what were you expecting ? Set up the goal , stopped two good chances in our own box and ran his was off was no worse than than other two in fact was probably better. Agendas on some people is frightening

Sorry but he really wasn't better than Fabinho or Keita in any aspect, I actually saw some quite positive signs from Keita in the second half with him running with the ball and attacking the opposition, he is still a bit sloppy when in possession but even that is getting better. Fabinho is quality with some very nice passes but he struggled a bit yesterday in a poor team display.
      Lallana though is just a waste of space a void, he adds nothing to the team defensively or attacking, even the goal was lucky as he should have released the ball to Milner earlier.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1703: Feb 05, 2019 12:16:56 pm
      Not going to give him much criticism as he lacks match sharpness and the late changes to the team didn't help either
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #1704: Feb 05, 2019 12:22:32 pm
      Sorry but he really wasn't better than Fabinho or Keita in any aspect, I actually saw some quite positive signs from Keita in the second half with him running with the ball and attacking the opposition, he is still a bit sloppy when in possession but even that is getting better. Fabinho is quality with some very nice passes but he struggled a bit yesterday in a poor team display.
      Lallana though is just a waste of space a void, he adds nothing to the team defensively or attacking, even the goal was lucky as he should have released the ball to Milner earlier.

But Keita and Fabinho should have been much better than Lallana, isn't it? Keita in particular was so damn wasteful. I agree that I dont see any future for him in this team, but particularly yesterday, he was no more worse than any of the other midfielders and attacking trio.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1705: Feb 05, 2019 12:33:11 pm
      Thought Lallana, Robbo and Sadio were our best 3 players last night. Surprised he came off but no doubt he is not 100% fitness-wise yet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1706: Feb 05, 2019 12:35:12 pm
      But Keita and Fabinho should have been much better than Lallana, isn't it? Keita in particular was so damn wasteful. I agree that I dont see any future for him in this team, but particularly yesterday, he was no more worse than any of the other midfielders and attacking trio.

Sorry but I disagree, I saw a lot more from Keita and Fabinho than I did Lallana, but then I've never quite "got" Lallana, he has never looked like a good midfielder to me, defensively or attacking, apart from one small patch for us a few years ago.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1707: Feb 05, 2019 12:36:59 pm
      Thought Lallana, Robbo and Sadio were our best 3 players last night. Surprised he came off but no doubt he is not 100% fitness-wise yet.

Did Robbo or Lallana make any assists or passes which should have been converted last night, if so I must have missed it. Don't get me wrong I love Robbo to bits but his final ball in was pretty sh*t yesterday and it was against Leicester as well.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1708: Feb 05, 2019 12:45:25 pm
      Did Robbo or Lallana make any assists or passes which should have been converted last night, if so I must have missed it. Don't get me wrong I love Robbo to bits but his final ball in was pretty sh*t yesterday and it was against Leicester as well.

Did you miss Lallana's role in our goal?

Nobody played great, so it is all relative as to who played best. I thought Robbo, Mane and Lallana put in the hardest shifts and played ok.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1709: Feb 05, 2019 01:34:17 pm
      Considering the amount of playing time he's missed, along with his injuries, I thought he had a pretty decent game in a team that was misfiring.

His work hassling, harrying and closing down is excellent.
      His defensive play was pretty good.
      He pretty much created the goal by his play out on the touchline.

I don't see the issue.
      A fully fit and on form Lallana can only be a good thing for the team and squad, but he won't get form sitting on the bench.
      He needs game time, and if that's 60 (as a starter) or 20/30 mins as a sub coming on, he'll get to where we want him to be.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1710: Feb 05, 2019 09:19:51 pm

The sh*te that  comes out of your mouth my Lord
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1711: Mar 10, 2019 03:35:51 pm
      Good game the day. Could still be an important player in the run in. We are looking for a creative midfielder to step up, and he looks to be in the front of the queue now.

I'd probably start Naby in midweek against Bayern though (back in Germany might bring out the best in him), then Adam in the league next weekend.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1712: Mar 10, 2019 03:40:37 pm
      I said a while back I thought he was finished with us.

Shows what I know. ;D

Credit to him for forcing Jürgen to pick him and then backing it up with a MOTM performance.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1713: Mar 10, 2019 04:11:27 pm
      I said a while back I thought he was finished with us.

Shows what I know. ;D

Credit to him for forcing Jürgen to pick him and then backing it up with a MOTM performance.

I still think he needs to be moved on but today showed he can still be a positive impact as we chase down the title.

Always liked Adam. Works his socks off and never complains.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1714: Mar 10, 2019 05:59:25 pm
      Played a F***ing belter today. Has had a good bit of time back in training and he's starting to get those gears clicking. He was always looking for that front three no matter where he was on the field. Off the ball he was as relentless as he was on it. A HUGE factor in the number of chances we created today. We need to create chances in Munich and personally I wouldn't hesitate to include him in the starting eleven come Wednesday night.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #1715: Mar 10, 2019 06:43:08 pm
      I offer him a new contract. He didn't talk like Moreno, he always tried hard and today you could see that Adam is not finished at all and could re-flourish any time. At the very least he'd be a decent back-up.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1716: Mar 10, 2019 07:15:13 pm
      Good to see Adam having a real influence on a game, and at a time in the season when we really needed it.
      Hopefully he keeps up the good form, need every swingin dick in the field for this run in..
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1717: Mar 10, 2019 07:25:24 pm
      Give him his due he was great today, but it was one game, and I feel that he will be equally as bad as he was good in the next five or six games he plays in... Too inconsistent and more often than not lacks end product
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1718: Mar 10, 2019 07:32:45 pm
      Give him his due he was great today, but it was one game, and I feel that he will be equally as bad as he was good in the next five or six games he plays in... Too inconsistent and more often than not lacks end product

What are you on about?

He was consistently good every game for nearly a full season a couple years back before his injury problems.

What evidence have you to show he's an inconsistent player he hasn't had a run of six consecutive games for 2 years?
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019 07:39:52 pm by bazspeedman »
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1719: Mar 10, 2019 07:57:46 pm
      Was perfect for this game and today Adam reminded me what he brings to the team, he CAN be that connect to the front three, he still has the legs for it and most definitely has the intelligence for it.

I am not saying Adam is now a dead cert to start games but after that performance I think if fitness allows him he should be given a chance to prove himself again, I prefer Shaq and Naby but right now we need players that make a difference week in week out, if Klopp thinks that Adam's the best chance of that then I am fine with it. Although if he put in a stinker of a performance today I may be singing a different tune, but the fact is his performance spoke volumes.

Keep it up Adam!
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #1720: Mar 10, 2019 08:13:58 pm
      Gotta give the lad praise when due, great performance & I hope he continues in the same vain
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1721: Mar 10, 2019 09:55:53 pm
      What are you on about?

He was consistently good every game for nearly a full season a couple years back before his injury problems.

What evidence have you to show he's an inconsistent player he hasn't had a run of six consecutive games for 2 years?
      Whatever!

If that was the case why then are so many of so say the same thing about him before the match...? A couple season back he  show high enrgy, and was good at the high press but he still lacked end product,

It always amazes me... A player will play like sh*t for most of his matches and most fans moan about it, say how useless he is, but if he plays one good game, makes one pass that leads to a goal, or score one himself then it is all forgotten about and everyone start say how good he is... Sorry not me the only thing consistant about Adam Lallana is his consistant lack of "no end product"...
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019 10:06:28 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1722: Mar 10, 2019 11:09:21 pm
      Get the F**k in Adam.

The Man has amazing feet, F***ing twinkle toes.

Keep it going mate.

MOTM for sure.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1723: Mar 10, 2019 11:47:24 pm
      Whatever!

If that was the case why then are so many of so say the same thing about him before the match...? A couple season back he  show high enrgy, and was good at the high press but he still lacked end product,

It always amazes me... A player will play like sh*t for most of his matches and most fans moan about it, say how useless he is, but if he plays one good game, makes one pass that leads to a goal, or score one himself then it is all forgotten about and everyone start say how good he is... Sorry not me the only thing consistant about Adam Lallana is his consistant lack of "no end product"...

He got 8 goals 7 assists in the PL the season before last which was more "end product" than any of our midfielders this season. This was coupled with brilliant work rate and pressing he consistently performing at. Jürgen rated him very highly.

So to say he consistently lacked end product two seasons ago is factually incorrect and complete nonsense talk.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1724: Mar 10, 2019 11:53:06 pm
      Like a new signing... :f_whistle:

Quick Reply