Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223342 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1725: Mar 11, 2019 07:09:22 am
      Give him his due he was great today, but it was one game, and I feel that he will be equally as bad as he was good in the next five or six games he plays in... Too inconsistent and more often than not lacks end product

F***ing hate posts like this.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1726: Mar 11, 2019 07:42:49 am
      He was ok did what we know he can do.

Nothing spectacular but the fact he got stuck in made him stand out.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1727: Mar 11, 2019 08:21:04 am
      Very pleased for Adam horror run with injuries. Hoping he can stay fit and build on that performance. I believe he still is part of an important narrative that is this season.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1728: Mar 11, 2019 08:22:04 am

Glass half full vs half empty
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1729: Mar 11, 2019 12:24:48 pm
      Had a great game  ... hassled and harassed .

(Just like an ex .... ;D)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1730: Mar 11, 2019 06:35:49 pm
      He was ok did what we know he can do.

Nothing spectacular but the fact he got stuck in made him stand out.

Pretty much where I am on it too.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1731: Mar 18, 2019 09:22:44 am
      Was looking at player ratings on another site and Adam was mentioned, completely forgot he actually played yesterday such was his anonymity.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1732: Mar 18, 2019 10:40:08 am
      Was looking at player ratings on another site and Adam was mentioned, completely forgot he actually played yesterday such was his anonymity.

Was better than Gini...not sure if that is saying much, but more involved in attack and the press.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1733: Mar 18, 2019 10:54:07 am
      Was better than Gini...not sure if that is saying much, but more involved in attack and the press.

Not much between them, don’t think Adam did much going forward and you can’t really press a team which is intent on sitting so Dept, Gini has been pretty meh for a while not sure if he is fully fit since his knee injury.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1734: Mar 18, 2019 01:22:42 pm
      He was OK yesterday.

Nothing outstanding, but he put a shift in.
      If the front 3 had been a bit more on it, with movement and creating space, we would have seen more from him.
      That's NOT to blame the front 3. It's hard to create space and have good movement when the opposition pack those area's.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1735: Jun 05, 2019 07:44:46 pm
      https://twitter.com/simonpeach/status/1136302089976582144?s=21

He was superb against Burnley at home. Can he do that more often? If so then it’s a yes from me.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1736: Jun 05, 2019 07:48:36 pm

He was superb against Burnley at home. Can he do that more often? If so then it’s a yes from me.

No doubt he has the ability, but the only doubt is his fitness. Hopefully, he will surprise us and do a Matip next season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1737: Jun 05, 2019 08:26:09 pm

That's very true. Forgot about that match and his performance. He'll find it very hard to force his way back into the first eleven (almost impossible even?) but he's a hard worker and seems to be a great presence in the squad (especially to Jordan!). For me he was Klopp's star player for most of 2016 playing a critical role in restoring us back into the Champions League in 16-17. He doesn't get enough credit for how he was one of the first players to really step up under Klopp and help push us forward. For that he's earned the right to decide his own future and it's great that he's wanting to stay with us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1738: Jun 05, 2019 10:00:39 pm
      Hopefully that’s just for the time being. I know a lot of people seem to rate him but IMO he is about 2 years behind where we actually are. He made what, 10 bit part appearances and impressed in about 1 or 2 of them?. He’s fast approaching 31 and going into the final year of contract. I don’t see where he fits into our midfield because we have Hendo, Gini, Milner, Ox, Fab and Keita. The attack we have the obvious 3 and then Origi, Brewster and Shaqiri. Apart from Brewster who we know little of, Lallana isn’t at the level of any of them players.
      If he stays then he will spend yet another season being injured more often than not and in a years time we will be seeing him leave on a free. We’ve already lost Can and now Sturridge and Moreno on a free so let’s not add to it for a player who is pretty much 8th/9th choice at the club.

Can’t fault his attitude for wanting to stay but he just isn’t at our level now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1739: Jun 06, 2019 01:41:48 am

Can’t fault his attitude for wanting to stay but he just isn’t at our level now.

If he's healthy (big if I know) he's literally better than Shaqiri so if Shaq is at our level, then Adam is if he's healthy.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1740: Jun 06, 2019 04:52:51 am
      I am fine with him trying to fight his way back into the squad, I don't hold much hope for doing that as hard to see him getting much playing time other then cup games unless we hit a bad spell of injuries. I felt with Ox out last season it was his chance to get back to be a squad player but he could not stay fit long enough to make himself available to be selected. If it works out and he fit enough to feature more often then not then great we could use the extra body considering we should have more fixtures but if it doesn't then he will be aloud to walk like we seen with the the two this week.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1741: Jun 06, 2019 07:07:49 am
      If he's healthy (big if I know) he's literally better than Shaqiri so if Shaq is at our level, then Adam is if he's healthy.

IMO he isn’t. Shaq was playing consistently well and making a really good impact. He obviously dropped out the team for a while but then when he played he was still getting assists and creating really good chances. I think Lallana has had about 2 good games in the last 3 years. The impact Shaq has had has been far greater than Lallana and his 100 cruyf turns a game that get him and us nowhere.

I really don’t see the point in keeping him when he’s only going to make a handful of appearances at best and the chances are, he’s not going to deliver in any of them. He’s been sent off for fighting nippers more times than he’s found the net in the last 2-3 years.
      I’d much rather we used the time we will spend on him put towards someone like Brewster or Jones.

I think a move back to Saints or someone of that level is what he needs, somewhere he can still be an important player but with us, he’s simply not going to play so it makes no sense to keep him and then lose him for nothing because I think him getting a new contract would be as much of a shock as Leicester winning the league.

He’s been here for 5 seasons now and honestly, he’s only played well for about 6 months and that was when Klopp first came in. He’s done very little else to suggest he can cut it now. I think the injuries he has had has put him a good 2 years behind where the club is.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1742: Jun 06, 2019 08:16:36 am
      He’s a good player on the bench for me and he seems happy to play that part.
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2019 10:06:55 am by LondonRed83 »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1743: Jun 06, 2019 09:00:10 am
      Fair play to him for wanting to stick around, he will either force his way back into the team, which if he stays fit he has a great chance as we all know how good he can be, or he will probably sign a pre-contract in January with someone and go for free in the summer.

Competition for places in MF is fierce though, the OX & Shaq are ahead of him, and they already have to force their way past the other 4, for a spot in a MF 3. !
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1744: Jun 06, 2019 09:05:01 am
      From a selfish point of view I hope he stays.  ;D

His Uncle Vinny lives across the road from me ma's and at the end of each season Lallana sends across that seasons training gear and stuff for their boys and Vinny would always throw me across something.

Praying he doesn't forget about me this year. Would love some Champions League winning gear  :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1745: Jun 06, 2019 09:12:12 am
      I think for the money we're paying Lallana we can get a younger fitter higher quality player.

Don't see the point of keeping him with his injury problems and he's past his prime.

But if he stays I'm sure he will do his very best.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1746: Jun 06, 2019 09:28:10 am
      I like Adam he needs game time to show his best football but he is so important as he presses like a maniac.
      If Klopp keeps him then that's good enough for me and Klopp will not want to have to make a lot of changes to a squad that is clearly a good unit and respectful of each other
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1747: Jun 06, 2019 10:15:10 am
      Get rid, I can't see any point keeping a player who is more injured than fit and even when he is fit he normally needs a sustained run of games to get back into form which he won't get any more.

Quick Reply