Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223357 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1748: Jun 06, 2019 11:04:16 am
      Get rid ... I'd rather give minutes to younger players than to him, he's also injury prone ... Can see him going to MLS or to a club like Bournemouth, West Ham or Newcastle.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1749: Jun 06, 2019 11:28:37 am
      From a selfish point of view I hope he stays.  ;D

His Uncle Vinny lives across the road from me ma's and at the end of each season Lallana sends across that seasons training gear and stuff for their boys and Vinny would always throw me across something.

Praying he doesn't forget about me this year. Would love some Champions League winning gear  :D
      That’s Brilliant mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1750: Jun 06, 2019 12:53:45 pm
      Fortunately we have Klopp in charge who values loyalty in his players and repays it back so he won't be going anywhere and Klopp will not "get rid" of any player.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1751: Jun 07, 2019 07:46:11 am
      Adam is very technical and if he fits, he will play some games because we need big squad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1752: Jun 07, 2019 08:23:39 pm
      Adam is very technical and if he fits, he will play some games because we need big squad.

If he is fit is the key part but he never is these days, complete waste of big wages
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1753: Jun 08, 2019 08:52:32 am
      Anyone happen to see where Mo and Trent were just about to be interviewed and something happened and all the lads ran down to the "Kop End", the commentator says Boys go join in, you shouldn't be missing that, you then see all the boys running and the last one is Lallana, jumping up and down whilst running, thought he was gonna pull a hamstring or worse and be out injured for another season!!!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #1754: Jun 08, 2019 04:31:37 pm
      If he is fit is the key part but he never is these days, complete waste of big wages

If he's happy to start 15 games next season mainly in cups, I'm more than happy to hold on to him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1755: Jun 08, 2019 06:09:24 pm
      If he's happy to start 15 games next season mainly in cups, I'm more than happy to hold on to him.

You wouldn't rather have Fekir?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1756: Jun 08, 2019 08:24:01 pm
      Will someone pay for him?  I think he is worth 10 -15m if an offer came in would take it. He is toio injury prone and with the game time he has been getting is on a steep decline.   His wages are putting off at the moment he costs about £1m a game?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #1757: Jun 09, 2019 07:10:46 am
      You wouldn't rather have Fekir?

Both of them to be honest if we want to compete for every title.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1758: Jun 09, 2019 11:01:38 am
      Both of them to be honest if we want to compete for every title.

But Lallana is never fit, so what the hell is the point in paying wages for him, if he was fit and healthy then he's a good player but he's not.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #1759: Jun 09, 2019 03:56:48 pm
      But Lallana is never fit, so what the hell is the point in paying wages for him, if he was fit and healthy then he's a good player but he's not.

You have a valid point, but I will keep hold of him nonetheless :/
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1760: Jul 15, 2019 03:04:31 pm
      You have a valid point, but I will keep hold of him nonetheless :/

Thoughts on Lallana as a holding midfield player?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1761: Jul 15, 2019 05:11:25 pm
      Thoughts on Lallana as a holding midfield player?

Nope. Played that role against Bradford and was sh*te. Kept getting tackled and leading to them having an attack thanks to his constant attempts to do a drag back. He was more ineffective there than in his natural position, so that is saying something because he usually does sod all anyway.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1762: Jul 15, 2019 06:04:43 pm
      F**k off with Fekir he aint coming how many times FFS. Lallana may not be a world class player but he can fill the gaps in the FA CUp and League Cup games enabling rotation and rest for the others.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1763: Jul 15, 2019 06:09:08 pm
      f**k off with Fekir he aint coming how many times FFS. Lallana may not be a world class player but he can fill the gaps in the FA CUp and League Cup games enabling rotation and rest for the others.

Bloody expensive bench warmer then isn't he! I say get rid, he is injury prone and not that bloody good even when fit.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1764: Jul 15, 2019 10:11:21 pm
      Bloody expensive bench warmer then isn't he! I say get rid, he is injury prone and not that bloody good even when fit.

"Hello, this is Michael Edwards. We have an injury-prone mediocre player and we'd like you to pay 25 million for him."

:)
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1765: Jul 16, 2019 02:15:17 am

You got the first part right and the 2nd massively wrong.

For a depth player the way Lallana is, he is a great option to have. He presses like a mad man and has good skills. The 1-1 draw against West Ham, our goal came from a Lallana playing keep-away with a bunch of WH players and finding an open Milner and Mane put away.  Against Burnley where we won 4-2, our 2nd goal came because Lallana sprinted towards the Burnley player and won the ball near their goal and Mane finished it.

He makes plenty of impact when he is on the field, but the problem keeps being him staying fit, which is why i think he'll be allowed to finish off his contract and leave on a free.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1766: Jul 16, 2019 07:16:43 am
      You got the first part right and the 2nd massively wrong.

For a depth player the way Lallana is, he is a great option to have. He presses like a mad man and has good skills. The 1-1 draw against West Ham, our goal came from a Lallana playing keep-away with a bunch of WH players and finding an open Milner and Mane put away.  Against Burnley where we won 4-2, our 2nd goal came because Lallana sprinted towards the Burnley player and won the ball near their goal and Mane finished it.

He makes plenty of impact when he is on the field, but the problem keeps being him staying fit, which is why i think he'll be allowed to finish off his contract and leave on a free.

Agreed - I personally think he’s a great footballer (when used correctly, not as a pacy forward player) and superb option off the bench
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1767: Jul 16, 2019 08:11:41 am
      Agreed - I personally think he’s a great footballer (when used correctly, not as a pacy forward player) and superb option off the bench

OK OK Lallana when completely fit and injury free can have some good moments but the problem is that normally as soon as he has one or two games playing well he'll get another niggle and be out for a few more weeks/months with then some more weeks to get to full fitness again. Unless that changes then he is a complete waste of money and a drain on the club finances, much like Sturridge was.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1768: Jul 16, 2019 01:19:56 pm
      Looks like Adam is taking over from Jordan for this coming season. We haven't kicked a ball of this new season the glow of Madrid is still strong and the knives are out for a Liverpool player who Klopp really rates.

Walt, what do you mean he's taking over for Jordan?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1769: Jul 16, 2019 01:31:47 pm
      Walt, what do you mean he's taking over for Jordan?
      Well its going to be difficult to slag off Hendo now having lifted the European Cup isn't it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1770: Jul 16, 2019 01:53:45 pm
      Well its going to be difficult to slag off Hendo now having lifted the European Cup isn't it.

Depends how he plays, no one is or should be immune from criticism.

Quick Reply