Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223347 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1771: Jul 16, 2019 02:22:17 pm
      Well its going to be difficult to slag off Hendo now having lifted the European Cup isn't it.

Oh you mean taking over as a designated receiver of abuse. I follow you now. I thought you meant on the park.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1772: Jul 16, 2019 02:26:57 pm
      Depends how he plays, no one is or should be immune from criticism.

you must live in a perfect world.
      just F***ing moaning for moaning sake is tiresome. You suck the life out of all the positives from what JĆ¼rgen and the Boys did last season.
      Don't listen or take heed of my musings just open your ears and listen to JĆ¼rgen.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1773: Jul 16, 2019 05:14:06 pm
      you must live in a perfect world.
      just f**king moaning for moaning sake is tiresome. You suck the life out of all the positives from what JĆ¼rgen and the Boys did last season.
      Don't listen or take heed of my musings just open your ears and listen to JĆ¼rgen.

Excuse me, I was one of the ones who kept thinking and believing we would win the league right up to the end whilst quite a few on here were going into gloom mode so I won't accept that critique from you.
      I am not negative about our team at all, I think its a superb team as witnessed last season, but I do think we need one more quality forward.
      That is all we need to be completely dominant in all competitions, just one Ā£100m+ quality forward, is it really to much to ask?
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1774: Jul 16, 2019 08:59:31 pm
      Excuse me, I was one of the ones who kept thinking and believing we would win the league right up to the end whilst quite a few on here were going into gloom mode so I won't accept that critique from you.
      I am not negative about our team at all, I think its a superb team as witnessed last season, but I do think we need one more quality forward.
      That is all we need to be completely dominant in all competitions, just one Ā£100m+ quality forward, is it really to much to ask?

I honestly don't think there are any Ā£100M forwards out there atm?
      Suarez = Old
      Cavani = Old
      Lewandowski = Old
      Kane = Never coming to us
      Icardi = Not Ā£100M
      Belotti = Not good enough

Honestly can't think of a striker worth going for.

ON TOPIC-

I think lallana needs to move on if he wants to realistically play more than 1000 minutes this season
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1775: Jul 16, 2019 10:03:53 pm
      I honestly don't think there are any Ā£100M forwards out there atm?
      Suarez = Old
      Cavani = Old
      Lewandowski = Old
      Kane = Never coming to us
      Icardi = Not Ā£100M
      Belotti = Not good enough

Honestly can't think of a striker worth going for.

ON TOPIC-

I think lallana needs to move on if he wants to realistically play more than 1000 minutes this season

I think if he's fit he''ll get plenty of minutes. The issue is just whether his fitness will hold up. JĆ¼rgen is in a better position than us to assess that. Hopefully Lallana was just unlucky over the last year. He's a quality player if fit.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1776: Jul 16, 2019 10:33:58 pm
      I think if he's fit he''ll get plenty of minutes. The issue is just whether his fitness will hold up. JĆ¼rgen is in a better position than us to assess that. Hopefully Lallana was just unlucky over the last year. He's a quality player if fit.

you would hope the physios have done their Job and JĆ¼rgen is convinced he will be able to use him when needed. If he is fit again and the pre season games give him some much needed match fitness then he will be an asset to the squad
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1777: Jul 17, 2019 07:59:54 am
      How can we deem Lallana as potential to still be an asset? Heā€™s done nothing in the last 2 years. Yes heā€™s had lots of injuries in that time but heā€™s still made 31 appearances in that time.

I remember in one game in particular last season, he was through on goal 1v1 and his legs completely went and the chance was gone. Then there is the play that led to the Mane goal against West Ham a few people are saying. Yes it was a good bit of play but ultimately that would have been completely forgotten had the officials actually done their job properly because of how far offside Milner was. Though it was nice for a decision like that to go in our favour for a change!

But people are saying he presses like a mad man and more than anyone else. Well if he was still capable of doing that then why is Klopp looking to use him in a Jorginho type role where running is at a minimum compared to elsewhere on the pitch?

The days of Lallana being an asset are gone....2 years gone in fact. Maybe Iā€™m being harsh but IMO heā€™s only had a good 6 months the entire time heā€™s been at the club and that was when Klopp first came in.

Maybe Iā€™m being harsh, I donā€™t know. I just think weā€™ve moved on from the likes of Lallana now.

Moreno has actually put in better performances over the last 2 years than Lallana and people couldnā€™t wait to get shot of him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1778: Jul 17, 2019 08:52:51 am
      How can we deem Lallana as potential to still be an asset? Heā€™s done nothing in the last 2 years. Yes heā€™s had lots of injuries in that time but heā€™s still made 31 appearances in that time.

I remember in one game in particular last season, he was through on goal 1v1 and his legs completely went and the chance was gone. Then there is the play that led to the Mane goal against West Ham a few people are saying. Yes it was a good bit of play but ultimately that would have been completely forgotten had the officials actually done their job properly because of how far offside Milner was. Though it was nice for a decision like that to go in our favour for a change!

But people are saying he presses like a mad man and more than anyone else. Well if he was still capable of doing that then why is Klopp looking to use him in a Jorginho type role where running is at a minimum compared to elsewhere on the pitch?

The days of Lallana being an asset are gone....2 years gone in fact. Maybe Iā€™m being harsh but IMO heā€™s only had a good 6 months the entire time heā€™s been at the club and that was when Klopp first came in.

Maybe Iā€™m being harsh, I donā€™t know. I just think weā€™ve moved on from the likes of Lallana now.

Moreno has actually put in better performances over the last 2 years than Lallana and people couldnā€™t wait to get shot of him.

So again you have more insight into the player than the Manager.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1779: Jul 17, 2019 09:10:11 am

Think you're being a bit harsh mate, he's put in some very decent performances last season, and some anonymous ones. Personally, I'd keep him because we need the depth in the squad. I'd rather play him in domestic cup games and rest the others.

You're right that we as a club have upgraded from Lallana, but not as a bench warmer who can come in and do a decent job.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1780: Jul 17, 2019 03:33:52 pm
      So again you have more insight into the player than the Manager.

Forgot you donā€™t like people having an opinion unless itā€™s kissing the ass of a player. So like usual, just like clockwork, someone says something that doesnā€™t hype a player up and itā€™s suddenly knowing more than the manager. But by your logic that must mean that anyone who kisses ass of a player must know just as much as Klopp, if saying something different to the situation means knowing more than Klopp, then I guess we are all on his level when praising a player.

Itā€™s called an opinion, you donā€™t have start calling your solicitor and taking it to heart. 

« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2019 03:44:15 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1781: Jul 17, 2019 05:57:51 pm
      I actually rate Lallana. Not highly, but I think all the criticism I'm reading is mostly undeserved. I don't expect him to become the first name on the team sheet week in week out, but I have no doubt he could become a more than decent alternative to enable proper rotation of our midfielders and/or cover from injuries for the team.

He has a great engine on him when on form and his high workrate to me seems precisely made for the kind of game Klopp likes to play. Whether he can stay relatively on form and relatively injury free is another business altogether, that I glady leave to the medical staff to evaluate.

I have no idea how much he earns and if it's too much money for a player that should more often than not be a bench warmer, but the way some here so easily berate and forget the contributions of our own players to me is quite sad. This guy has been fighting to recover from injuries for quite a while - I'd give him one last chance this season. Maybe I'm soft like that, I don't know.

In any case, I fully trust in Klopp's judgment on this matter.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1782: Jul 17, 2019 06:23:09 pm
      I actually rate Lallana. Not highly, but I think all the criticism I'm reading is mostly undeserved. I don't expect him to become the first name on the team sheet week in week out, but I have no doubt he could become a more than decent alternative to enable proper rotation of our midfielders and/or cover from injuries for the team.

He has a great engine on him when on form and his high workrate to me seems precisely made for the kind of game Klopp likes to play. Whether he can stay relatively on form and relatively injury free is another business altogether, that I glady leave to the medical staff to evaluate.

I have no idea how much he earns and if it's too much money for a player that should more often than not be a bench warmer, but the way some here so easily berate and forget the contributions of our own players to me is quite sad. This guy has been fighting to recover from injuries for quite a while - I'd give him one last chance this season. Maybe I'm soft like that, I don't know.

In any case, I fully trust in Klopp's judgment on this matter.

I have no issue with his talent, just his injury record.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1783: Jul 17, 2019 06:48:28 pm
      Forgot you donā€™t like people having an opinion unless itā€™s kissing the ass of a player. So like usual, just like clockwork, someone says something that doesnā€™t hype a player up and itā€™s suddenly knowing more than the manager. But by your logic that must mean that anyone who kisses ass of a player must know just as much as Klopp, if saying something different to the situation means knowing more than Klopp, then I guess we are all on his level when praising a player.

Itā€™s called an opinion, you donā€™t have start calling your solicitor and taking it to heart. 

I have the opinion other peoples opinions are wrong get over it. its a forum isn't it. Kissing the ass of a Liverpool player just line them up there  will be a queue. Why not find a post where I have hyped up a player I defend them from complete nonsense comments that have no facts in them. Just like the endless crap about Henderson you know the one who lifted the CL I suppose all the sh*t levelled at him was just opinion.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1784: Jul 17, 2019 06:55:58 pm
      I have the opinion other peoples opinions are wrong get over it. its a forum isn't it. Kissing the ass of a Liverpool player just line them up there  will be a queue. Why not find a post where I have hyped up a player I defend them from complete nonsense comments that have no facts in them. Just like the endless crap about Henderson you know the one who lifted the CL I suppose all the sh*t levelled at him was just opinion.

So you disagree with an opinion yet instead of debating it is just constantly throw around the old chestnut of knowing more than the manager.

Whatā€™s this got to do with Henderson and why would I go find a post of yours defending him when Iā€™m talking about Lallana? Lots of people have defended him or are you just looking for some sort of Good Samaritan medal - in fact I think you are after just that because Iā€™ve seen you post a number of times lately about how you defended him.

Untwist them kecks lad because like you say ā€œitā€™s a forumā€ and ultimately Iā€™m not looking for justification from you on my view about Lallana...believe it or not.
      « Last Edit: Jul 17, 2019 07:05:34 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1785: Jul 17, 2019 10:02:54 pm
      Klopps words
      You see the sessions here, what a footballer he is, itā€™s incredible.
      ā€œStill it feels like people say, ā€˜He was injured, he was injuredā€™ ā€“ yes, but in the moment he is not. I had, for example, Ilkay Gundogan, who was twice, if not three times, really seriously injured and now for one or two years he is playing completely without any injury.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1786: Jul 17, 2019 10:33:54 pm
      Klopps words
      You see the sessions here, what a footballer he is, itā€™s incredible.
      ā€œStill it feels like people say, ā€˜He was injured, he was injuredā€™ ā€“ yes, but in the moment he is not. I had, for example, Ilkay Gundogan, who was twice, if not three times, really seriously injured and now for one or two years he is playing completely without any injury.

Are you really comparing Gundogan with Lallana here? Lallana who is past his peak years now, 31 and still picking up injuries on a regular basis with a 20 something player. Oh and by the way, no matter how much we love Klopp, he's wrong about Gundogan because he missed about 10 games last season with a hamstring injury, including the 0-0 draw with us. (note, this does not mean I'm saying I'm now more qualified than Klopp).

I'm not sure what your point is exactly. You haven't actually replied to anything from my initial post, but you have somehow managed to bring Henderson and now Gundogan into it.

It's also very selective that quote you posted from Klopp about Lallana because when talking about this new role for Lallana, he goes on to say it would be used only in games we are very dominant. -"ā€œOutstanding players, you always try to find the best position on the pitch and in some games itā€™s possible the best position for Adam Lallana is the No.6. It must be a very dominant game, by the way, but he can play that. ā€œThatā€™s why we do it, using pre-season for little experiments. Thatā€™s it.ā€"

So basically he's trying to find a role for Lallana because at the moment, there are plenty of players ahead of him in every position. Every other player is playing in their main position, apart from Lallana. I think that says it all about how much in the plans he is for next season. Experimenting using Lallana in a position that could be his best position now but is only likely to play in games we are really dominating. What's the point of that? If there is a game we are expected to heavily dominate then the chances are, something like that would be worked on during training in the build up to the game, not in pre-season. He's trying to find a role for him that limits his risk of injury because virtually all of his injuries are muscular, like Sturridge, he can't play that pressing game without a risk of injuring himself.

He may well be looking damn good in training, shame it's been a completely different story in our 2 matches so far, Bradford in particular where he kept on getting tackled whilst trying to do his drag backs. It will be like Sturridge last season, he will have the odd game here and there, maybe even put in the odd decent performance but in a years time he will be out the door on a free transfer.
      « Last Edit: Jul 17, 2019 10:49:11 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1787: Jul 17, 2019 10:36:35 pm
      Are you really comparing Gundogan with Lallana here? Lallana who is past his peak years now, 31 and still picking up injuries on a regular basis with a 20 something player. Oh and by the way, no matter how much we love Klopp, he's wrong about Gundogan because he missed about 10 games last season with a hamstring injury, including the 0-0 draw with us. (note, this does not mean I'm saying I'm now more qualified than Klopp).

I'm not sure what you're point is exactly. You haven't actually replied to anything from my initial post, but you have somehow managed to bring Henderson and now Gundogan into it.

It's also very selective that quote you posted from Klopp about Lallana because when talking about this new role for Lallana, he goes on to say it would be used only in games we are very dominant. -"ā€œOutstanding players, you always try to find the best position on the pitch and in some games itā€™s possible the best position for Adam Lallana is the No.6. It must be a very dominant game, by the way, but he can play that."

So basically he's trying to find a role for Lallana because at the moment, there are plenty of players ahead of him in every position.

He may well be looking damn good in training, shame it's been a completely different story in our 2 matches so far. It will be like Sturridge last season, he will have the odd game here and there, maybe even put in the odd decent performance but in a years time he will be out the door on a free transfer.

I am not comparing anything did you not see these are Jurgens words if you know better then fair enough.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1788: Jul 17, 2019 10:51:33 pm
      I am not comparing anything did you not see these are Jurgens words if you know better then fair enough.

There you go again with the knowing better bollocks!!! :lmao:. You are obsessed with that.
      It's not even a case of knowing better than Klopp, it's how it is, he was injured, simple. I don't expect Klopp to remember every little detail about another teams injury record....gives you an oppurtunity to say your favourite saying about knowing better though so I walked into that one.

Well you are comparing because you are the one that used that quote, im sure Klopp has said other things about Lallana's injury record than that. I highlighted in my initial post that his legs are gone and how Klopp is looking to change his role and when Klopp says his best position could now be as a 6, but will only be used for that in a game we are really dominating, you completely miss that part out. Like I said, you are failing to reply to anything from my initial post but have now gone to your past defence of Henderson whilst others were slating him, a Man City player and about me apparently thinking I know better than Klopp...(twice)!

If you cant actually reply to my initial post properly then why are you bothering to post at all? instead you are replying with rubbish and then giving me +1's saying how you find it funny and how it made you laugh. Pass yourself off as this number 1 fan all you like but it doesn't change how petty, selective and dismissive you are.
      « Last Edit: Jul 17, 2019 11:11:38 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1789: Jul 18, 2019 08:23:12 am

upticked this for the most egomaniacal post of the year, "It's all about MEEEEE!!!!"
      Basically you are right and everyone else is wrong, what a wonderful outlook on life!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1790: Jul 18, 2019 09:52:20 am
      you are clearly in the running for tosser of the  year.
      I continue to quote Jurgens words and people still challenge them and I continue to support our wonderful players and people like you continue to attack them. We had the constant vitriolic attacks on Hendo last season and the lad picked up the CL Trophy as Captain so now its on to Lallana as the next easy target and despite the praise from JĆ¼rgen you and your ilk know better it makes me sick.

Chill itā€™s a free country posters can have a different view from yourself doesnā€™t make either of you a greater fan.

JĆ¼rgen also praised players who he then let go itā€™s just his nature.

He praises Mignolet constantly!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1791: Jul 18, 2019 12:34:49 pm
      Chill itā€™s a free country posters can have a different view from yourself doesnā€™t make either of you a greater fan.

JĆ¼rgen also praised players who he then let go itā€™s just his nature.

He praises Mignolet constantly!

Mignolet is the smartest gk he has worked with, according to JĆ¼rgen. Try making sense of that.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1792: Jul 18, 2019 12:45:41 pm
      Mignolet is the smartest gk he has worked with, according to JĆ¼rgen. Try making sense of that.

He is supposedly a very intelligent individual, which is not hard in the footballing circles mind you. Shame he doesn't translate that to performances. Rio is thick as sh*t, but was a fantastic CB :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1793: Jul 18, 2019 01:17:40 pm
      I have no issue with his talent, just his injury record.

Yep, that's the main issue and I also think that the way we play now has moved passed where Adam is at the moment.

Having said that if he's fit and well I've no issue with him in the squad as he has qualities that will be of benefit in games.

Also find it weird how people get so upset with him being here.

Quick Reply