Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223368 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1794: Jul 18, 2019 01:53:42 pm
      Chill it’s a free country posters can have a different view from yourself doesn’t make either of you a greater fan.

Jürgen also praised players who he then let go it’s just his nature.

He praises Mignolet constantly!

this is the usual response and when I say I can also have an alternative view it gets twisted. Twist away and I will continue to react to negative comments about the players or JĂźrgen.
      Reading the comments from the usual suspects its hard to believe we achieved so much last season they still aren't satisifed
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1795: Jul 18, 2019 02:44:16 pm
      this is the usual response and when I say I can also have an alternative view it gets twisted. Twist away and I will continue to react to negative comments about the players or JĂźrgen.
      Reading the comments from the usual suspects its hard to believe we achieved so much last season they still aren't satisifed

Well your alternative view is your old chestnut of knowing more than the manager instead of actually replying to people properly so it’s no surprise people respond to you in the way they do.

You say about your view getting twisted but then you twist anything remotely negative as people not being satisfied with what we’ve achieved and then bottle out of naming people by saying “the usual suspects”. I haven’t seen anything from anyone of late that remotely hints as dissatisfaction with our success....but that doesn’t suit your selective narratives.

You’re literally one of the biggest hypocrites on here who is trying to prove themselves as the number 1 fan.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2019 02:54:34 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1796: Jul 18, 2019 03:08:56 pm
      Yep, that's the main issue and I also think that the way we play now has moved passed where Adam is at the moment.

Having said that if he's fit and well I've no issue with him in the squad as he has qualities that will be of benefit in games.

Also find it weird how people get so upset with him being here.

Personally mate, I find it weird how so many are not only ready, but eager to slag off our own players.

I think Lallana when fit and in good form has a lot to offer.
      I've read that he's a nightmare to play against, because he just never stops hassling and harrying, plus he's pretty good in tight spaces and has a decent eye for goal.

Always liked him, but he needs to stay fit.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1797: Jul 18, 2019 03:24:48 pm
      The "injury prone" label is a weight to bear both for the player and the club, the prospect of the same scenario and it does happen as we all know, reoccurring is the stuff of nightmares.
      With him on board we may have won the Prem last season, is it too risky to keep him for our new campaign?
      Comparisons with Sturridge have been made and for me not without good cause.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1798: Jul 18, 2019 04:11:17 pm
      Personally mate, I find it weird how so many are not only ready, but eager to slag off our own players.

How is it slagging off a player by essentially saying that so far at the club he has done very little to justify his transfer fee and ÂŁ150k a week or whatever he earns, especially in the last 2 years. How is it slagging him off saying his body doesn't seem to handle a pressing style of play anymore? How is it slagging him off saying he has only been in top form for about 6 months of his time with us? How is it slagging him off saying he has been largely ineffective in the games hes played in the last few years and pre-season? How is it slagging him off saying he has virtually no goal contributions in the last couple of years (31 appearances)?

It's not slagging him off, it's how it is and I'm sure the player himself would admit all of this. If he was being slagged off then it would be saying he's a useless sack of sh*t or this and that, but he isn't so I think you need to learn the definition of slagging someone off.

The trouble with some people is they cant bare to see something negative said about one of our players and then get all emotional about it. Sakho had a lot of backing here as our best defender at the time, is it a mistake getting rid or whatever else...fast forward a year and suddenly everyone can't believe how bang average he actually is.

These are players earning millions a year, I think they are able to take a bit of criticism, it's hardly like they are playing for nothing is it. You think Lallana cares if he's rated or not rated by sections of the fan base? Like f**k does he, we are the ones paying to watch him represent our club so if people want to criticise his lack of impact with us then we are well within our rights to. Christ, if an ordinary business is paying an employee big money, or even 20-30k a year but they are doing very little or is always off work, do you think they will sit by and say nothing or do you think they will look to get someone who will benefit their business more?

It's not personal, nobody is faulting his attitude but for the last 2 years+ now people have been saying "if he can stay fit"... which he can't, why do you think Klopp is looking to change his game so it minimizes the risk of injury.

It's no fault of his own but Lallana as a player is now a few years behind where the rest of the squad actually is, it's unfortunate but that's football.

Leaving the rest of your post out because there's nothing to say to that really, it's a fair enough view on him.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2019 04:15:53 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1799: Jul 18, 2019 05:03:20 pm
      How is it slagging off a player by essentially saying that so far at the club he has done very little to justify his transfer fee and ÂŁ150k a week or whatever he earns, especially in the last 2 years. How is it slagging him off saying his body doesn't seem to handle a pressing style of play anymore? How is it slagging him off saying he has only been in top form for about 6 months of his time with us? How is it slagging him off saying he has been largely ineffective in the games hes played in the last few years and pre-season? How is it slagging him off saying he has virtually no goal contributions in the last couple of years (31 appearances)?

It's not slagging him off, it's how it is and I'm sure the player himself would admit all of this. If he was being slagged off then it would be saying he's a useless sack of sh*t or this and that, but he isn't so I think you need to learn the definition of slagging someone off.

The trouble with some people is they cant bare to see something negative said about one of our players and then get all emotional about it. Sakho had a lot of backing here as our best defender at the time, is it a mistake getting rid or whatever else...fast forward a year and suddenly everyone can't believe how bang average he actually is.

These are players earning millions a year, I think they are able to take a bit of criticism, it's hardly like they are playing for nothing is it. You think Lallana cares if he's rated or not rated by sections of the fan base? Like f**k does he, we are the ones paying to watch him represent our club so if people want to criticise his lack of impact with us then we are well within our rights to. Christ, if an ordinary business is paying an employee big money, or even 20-30k a year but they are doing very little or is always off work, do you think they will sit by and say nothing or do you think they will look to get someone who will benefit their business more?

It's not personal, nobody is faulting his attitude but for the last 2 years+ now people have been saying "if he can stay fit"... which he can't, why do you think Klopp is looking to change his game so it minimizes the risk of injury.

It's no fault of his own but Lallana as a player is now a few years behind where the rest of the squad actually is, it's unfortunate but that's football.

Leaving the rest of your post out because there's nothing to say to that really, it's a fair enough view on him.

Did I mention you?

I did not.

Here you are again, trying to pick a fight over F**k all.
      Last week it was the pyjama's lad, last night Walton, and now you're trying to do it with me.
      Not every post is directed at you, so best if you get over yourself.

Read back through his thread.
      Some of the things said about him are downright nasty.

There's a few of our supporters who just love to slate the players, and never support them.
      That's a fact, and you need to get down off your high horse and understand it.
      It's the same as in life; some people are never happy and just love having a whinge.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1800: Jul 18, 2019 05:22:20 pm
      Did I mention you?

I did not.

Here you are again, trying to pick a fight over f**k all.
      Last week it was the pyjama's lad, last night Walton, and now you're trying to do it with me.
      Not every post is directed at you, so best if you get over yourself.

Read back through his thread.
      Some of the things said about him are downright nasty.

There's a few of our supporters who just love to slate the players, and never support them.
      That's a fact, and you need to get down off your high horse and understand it.
      It's the same as in life; some people are never happy and just love having a whinge.

Usual, hypocritical Swab response seeing as you were the one bitching with someone yesterday, one of the reasons I very rarely engage with you and Walton...amusing you both have your favourite sayings the moment you don't like something, yours is people apparently trying to pick a fight with you. Beilieve it or not, that's not actually the case, when someone disagrees with you it isn't fighting. I can't even remember what me and the "pyjama lad" were debating so I'm confident he cares about that just as much as me, I think we've both moved on from whatever it was.

So I'm leaving it at that if he is on the pitch he will have my support like any other player, doesn't change that I don't think he's good enough though.

Carry on if you like.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1801: Jul 18, 2019 05:26:34 pm
      Usual, hypocritical Swab response seeing as you were the one bitching with someone yesterday, one of the reasons I very rarely engage with you and Walton...amusing you both have your favourite sayings the moment you don't like something, yours is people apparently trying to pick a fight with you. Beilieve it or not, that's not actually the case, when someone disagrees with you it isn't fighting. I can't even remember what me and the "pyjama lad" were debating so I'm confident he cares about that just as much as me, I think we've both moved on from whatever it was.

So I'm leaving it at that if he is on the pitch he will have my support like any other player, doesn't change that I don't think he's good enough though.

Carry on if you like.

wow, so I ask you to prove I was slagging Lallana in Pyjama's and you not only edit your post, but delete my answer.
      F***ing hell, talk about abusing your position.

I'll ask again, who was I bitching with yesterday?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1802: Jul 18, 2019 05:29:48 pm

wow, so I ask you to prove I was slagging Lallana in Pyjama's and you not only edit your post, but delete my answer.
      F***ing hell, talk about abusing your position.

I'll ask again, who was I bitching with yesterday?

You've been bitching with lfc across the water of late.

I do deeply apologise for putting another member in the wrong part of my post and you quoting it whilst I was in the process of changing it, I do hope you can forgive me. I'm terribly sorry that I then deleted and re-posted mine that so that it would re-notify you of the post and I'm sorry that you feel that's abusing my position. Now I've apologised maybe I might be able to sleep tonight whilst the clown who doesn't ever mess up his post judges me.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2019 05:34:51 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1803: Jul 18, 2019 05:36:37 pm
      You've been bitching with lfc across the water of late.

I do deeply apologise for putting another member in the wrong part of my post and you quoting it whilst I was in the process of changing it, I do hope you can forgive me. I'm terribly sorry that I then deleted and re-posted mine that so that it would re-notify you of the post and I'm sorry that you feel that's abusing my position.

Nope, I've been pointing out that 1) his posts make no sense, and 2) that they are in the wrong thread.
      A thread in which you've also attacked him a couple of times.

Deleting my posts when you realise you are wrong is indeed an abuse of power.
      I can only imagine your reaction if someone had done that to you; suffice to say, it would be a lot harsher than mine was.

Look, I don't have an issue with people not rating players.
      I have an issue with people slagging our players to the extent that they get personal and hurl insults about.
      It is most definitely NOT the Liverpool Way.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1804: Jul 18, 2019 05:43:12 pm
      Nope, I've been pointing out that 1) his posts make no sense, and 2) that they are in the wrong thread.
      A thread in which you've also attacked him a couple of times.

Deleting my posts when you realise you are wrong is indeed an abuse of power.
      I can only imagine your reaction if someone had done that to you; suffice to say, it would be a lot harsher than mine was.

Look, I don't have an issue with people not rating players.
      I have an issue with people slagging our players to the extent that they get personal and hurl insults about.
      It is most definitely NOT the Liverpool Way.

Ah ok, so when you are pulling someone up on something it's pointing out they are wrong or not making sense, but when someone does it to you then it's picking a fight. Got it.

I deleted your post because it was quoting something I had changed whilst you were posting, my edit and your reply was posted at virtually the exact same time, I didn't even see it until I had changed my post. If you cant handle that and think it's an abuse of power then that's your prerogative, I even deleted my post after that so I could have it re-notify you. But like I said, that's your prerogative if you are going to think the worst about that. I forgot you've never had to edit something in your life before. Wow, I put someone's name in the wrong place and you have a meltdown. Meltdown aside though, FWIW, I do actually apologise for not having read my post before posting it but that's life, these things happen.

Like I said, if he plays, I will support him, as will virtually everyone else I expect but I see very little and only on the very rare occasions anyone saying anything personal about the players.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2019 05:55:21 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1805: Jul 18, 2019 06:06:26 pm
      Ah ok, so when you are pulling someone up on something it's pointing out they are wrong or not making sense, but when someone does it to you then it's picking a fight. Got it.

I deleted your post because it was quoting something I had changed whilst you were posting, my edit and your reply was posted at virtually the exact same time, I didn't even see it until I had changed my post. If you cant handle that and think it's an abuse of power then that's your prerogative, I even deleted my post after that so I could have it re-notify you. But like I said, that's your prerogative if you are going to think the worst about that. I forgot you've never had to edit something in your life before. Wow, I put someone's name in the wrong place and you have a meltdown. Meltdown aside though, FWIW, I do actually apologise for not having read my post before posting it but that's life, these things happen.

Like I said, if he plays, I will support him, as will virtually everyone else I expect but I see very little and only on the very rare occasions anyone saying anything personal about the players.

I didn't pull him up.
      I pointed something out that was factually incorrect.
      On the other hand, you threw a bit of personal abuse at him,as is your wont.
      You’re a very strange and bitter person aren’t you.

So much rubbish you’ve posted there that I genuinely can’t be bothered to get into it with you.

You could have just had the manners to tell me your post had changed during your edit, instead of (again) just deleting something you didn't like.
      It was by far the easier option, but again, you now prefer personal attacks and insults instead of just holding your hands up, talking of "meltdowns" when nothing of the sort is happening.
      It's another silly, childish internet tactic that people seem to think is clever, but is actually puerile, like the attempt at extravagant sarcasm.
      But that's your prerogative.
      Just don't expect to draw me in with it; it's not going to happen.

If you haven't seen the abuse and name calling of our players, then you mustn't be reading very carefully.
      It happens all the time.
      I understand when it's in a match thread and people are hyped up, but other times there's simply no excuse for it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1806: Jul 18, 2019 06:09:20 pm
      I didn't pull him up.
      I pointed something out that was factually incorrect.
      On the other hand, you threw a bit of personal abuse at him,as is your wont.

You could have just had the manners to tell me your post had changed during your edit, instead of (again) just deleting something you didn't like.
      It was by far the easier option, but again, you now prefer personal attacks and insults instead of just holding your hands up, talking of "meltdowns" when nothing of the sort is happening.
      It's another silly, childish internet tactic that people seem to think is clever, but is actually puerile, like the attempt at extravagant sarcasm.
      But that's your prerogative.
      Just don't expect to draw me in with it; it's not going to happen.

If you haven't seen the abuse and name calling of our players, then you mustn't be reading very carefully.
      It happens all the time.
      I understand when it's in a match thread and people are hyped up, but other times there's simply no excuse for it.

I don't think you are understanding the part about not seeing your post until I had changed mine or understanding that I have held my hands up to getting my post the wrong way around and then notifying you of doing so, I won't explain or apologise again.
      Congratulations, you pulled up a post in a mixture of loads of people (including yourself) pulling someone up that has nothing to do with this. Something you do a lot and wonder why your posts get deleted.
      Whatever. I've said my part. As I originally said, I will support the player if he plays and anything else you feel the need to carry on with, then go ahead.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2019 06:14:45 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1807: Jul 18, 2019 06:12:11 pm
      I don't think you are understanding the part about not seeing your post until I had changed mine...
      Whatever. I've said my part. As I originally said, I will support the player if he plays and anything else you feel the need to carry on with, then go ahead.

Please have the manners and decency to inform me you have edited your posts in future, rather than deleting mine; I can then modify my own accordingly.
      It's a simple, polite request and would make both our time here easier.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1808: Jul 18, 2019 06:18:03 pm
      Please have the manners and decency to inform me you have edited your posts in future, rather than deleting mine; I can then modify my own accordingly.
      It's a simple, polite request and would make both our time here easier.

Maybe don't fly off the handle as soon as you then get a re-notification. Maybe think that I might have made a mistake. It works both ways. FWIW, I did actually consider PM'ing you to tell you until I had seen your reply. Also, I believe it says at the bottom of a post if it has been edited. But it's done, lets move on and make our time easier for any potential future mistakes.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1809: Jul 18, 2019 06:25:04 pm
      Maybe don't fly off the handle as soon as you then get a re-notification. Maybe think that I might have made a mistake. It works both ways. FWIW, I did actually consider PM'ing you to tell you until I had seen your reply. Also, I believe it says at the bottom of a post if it has been edited. But it's done, lets move on and make our time easier for any potential future mistakes.

I didn't "fly off the handle", as you well know.
      My posts were calm and reasonable.
      I'd appreciate if you'd refrain from this hyperbolic tendency when decribing members posts.
      It would help everyone concerned.

FYI, I don't get notifictions.
      The first I knew about it was when I went into the thread to read your reply, and only then noticed.
      edit; just noticed it up at the top when I looked for it.
      Didn't even know it existed  :laugh:

Anyway, moving on.
      That lallana's a proper c**t isn't he  :laugh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1810: Jul 20, 2019 12:03:04 am
      Already out with a dead leg for a friendly - all those expecting him to make a major contribution next season ;D
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1811: Jul 20, 2019 01:00:41 am
      Very bummed we didn't just sell him this summer. He still had some value, but every day that goes by means his value decreases and his body continues to pile on damage / milage. Very talented player whose body failed him, sad but true. We really do need to move on from him.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1812: Jul 20, 2019 03:30:37 am
      He is a very talented player, but the only problem i sees is he dribbles too much with no end results. If he could coordinate better with the front 3 and releases the ball earlier, he could have been more effective.

Over the last few years his game time has always been a start stop situation and that doesn't help in the developmemt of his game and understanding on the pitch with other players. If Klopp is serious about retaining him, i reckon Klopp needs to ensure that he works very closely with the front 3 and use him often in games, otherwise, it will be him dribbling all alone and all day long without having any real impact on the game and with no effective combos in the final third.

But, i believe the moment he got injured badly while representing England is the starting point on the deterioration of his game.

Can he still life up to the physical demands of the game? i honestly don't think so.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1813: Jul 20, 2019 11:37:23 am

I think Lallana when fit and in good form has a lot to offer.
      I've read that he's a nightmare to play against, because he just never stops hassling and harrying, plus he's pretty good in tight spaces and has a decent eye for goal.

Always liked him, but he needs to stay fit.

decent eye for goal, Lallana, are you sure?? I've always found him incredibly wasteful in front of goal.

Look the bottom line is that he's a good footballer when he is fit, but the issue is that he never is fit and healthy, well not for more than a few games a season, he's caught the Sturridge frailty bug and is a waste of resources.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1814: Jul 20, 2019 11:44:57 am
      Already out with a dead leg for a friendly - all those expecting him to make a major contribution next season ;D

A dead leg is hardly a case for taking him around the back and shooting him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1815: Jul 20, 2019 11:45:59 am
      He is a very talented player, but the only problem i sees is he dribbles too much with no end results. If he could coordinate better with the front 3 and releases the ball earlier, he could have been more effective.

Over the last few years his game time has always been a start stop situation and that doesn't help in the developmemt of his game and understanding on the pitch with other players. If Klopp is serious about retaining him, i reckon Klopp needs to ensure that he works very closely with the front 3 and use him often in games, otherwise, it will be him dribbling all alone and all day long without having any real impact on the game and with no effective combos in the final third.

But, i believe the moment he got injured badly while representing England is the starting point on the deterioration of his game.

Can he still life up to the physical demands of the game? i honestly don't think so.

So he's a very talented player with no end product, hmmmm! ;-)   Oxymoron alert!!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1816: Jul 20, 2019 11:47:12 am
      A dead leg is hardly a case for taking him around the back and shooting him.

no except a dead leg for little Adam normally means a few months on the sidelines, he's like an anti-wolverine, zero healing powers!

Quick Reply