Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 223366 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1840: Dec 13, 2019 08:21:52 pm
      Not sure. Heard he is leaving at end of season

Yes. It wouldn't really make sense to offer him a new contract given his age and how often he has been unavailable for the past three years. Hopefully he can still play a part in winning trophies this season, but nobody stays forever. He can leave on a high.

I asked because if he's fit he might get a game tomorrow or in the first match at Qatar.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1841: Dec 13, 2019 08:29:31 pm
      Yes. It wouldn't really make sense to offer him a new contract given his age and how often he has been unavailable for the past three years. Hopefully he can still play a part in winning trophies this season, but nobody stays forever. He can leave on a high.

I asked because if he's fit he might get a game tomorrow or in the first match at Qatar.

Agree would be nice send off shame injuries have set him back still feel he is a better player than given credit for. Would imagine he will start mid week if fit
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1842: Dec 14, 2019 12:49:24 am
      Not bothered about him leaving, his career with us all but ended a few years ago now. In truth he’s only really had a good 6 months, if that with us and that was when Klopp first came in. We’ve moved on from the level Lallana is at.

But that said, not arsed in the slightest that he wasn’t sold in the summer and will now go on a free because that goal against the Mancs late on has helped keep our unbeaten run going and there’s no team I would rather see us snatch a point from more than them so the goal alone, even if he doesn’t play again this season, he’s played little part but had a massively defining moment in our history and we wouldn’t have set this new club record without that late goal.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1843: Dec 14, 2019 02:07:16 am
      I think if he get a few cameo roles off the bench a start or 2.   I think they will be takers in January?  Might not be at around 15m mark that some were speculating in the summer. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1844: Dec 14, 2019 03:15:03 am
      Not sure. Heard he is leaving at end of season

Where you hear this, mate?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1845: Dec 14, 2019 06:05:49 am
      He can leave on a high as did Moreno. He still has a part to play!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1846: Dec 14, 2019 06:35:16 am

James Pearce also saying this.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1847: Dec 14, 2019 07:12:08 am
      Yep, him and Clyne.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1848: Dec 14, 2019 09:21:41 am

Few sources on twitter Pearce one of them . Makes sense with Minimino coming in may be wrong but with ages and fitness something which doesn't affect Milner would assume it will happen
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1849: Dec 14, 2019 11:48:04 am
      He must be back in training because he makes the bench today.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #1850: Jan 03, 2020 05:03:26 pm
      Few sources on twitter Pearce one of them . Makes sense with Minimino coming in may be wrong but with ages and fitness something which doesn't affect Milner would assume it will happen

Lallana and Clynes contracts run out this year and neither of them have signed yet.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1851: Jan 03, 2020 09:03:54 pm
      Lallana and Clynes contracts run out this year and neither of them have signed yet.

Doubt if either have been offered, have they?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1852: Jan 03, 2020 10:16:58 pm
      Doubt if either have been offered, have they?

I read Lallana has a 1 year extension option in his contract!  Will most likely be gone in the summer but could get some dough if we use the option.  I have to say Lallana has been needed in the last month with our options getting very limited.   
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1853: Jan 03, 2020 10:28:38 pm
      I read Lallana has a 1 year extension option in his contract!  Will most likely be gone in the summer but could get some dough if we use the option.  I have to say Lallana has been needed in the last month with our options getting very limited.

Extending just to sell probably wouldn't make the club too popular with the playing staff. No doubt Adam still has a role to play this season, but it's also true that when our 7 first team midfielders are healthy (Hendo, Gini, Fab, Naby, Ox, Millie and Adam), Adam is the 7th. He probably looks at a Lucas and wants to play more regularly.

But for now he has a role to play and will help is win the league.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1854: Jan 03, 2020 10:43:04 pm
      I don't see anything wrong with extending his contract to get some money for him after all he has been on the pay roll for the last few seasons and has hardly played any games.  But it will probably depend on the clauses of that extension, no.   If it means giving him a pay rise will he then attract offers to off load??   I don't know mate.  But don't see much wrong with extending his contract to sell him in this case. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1855: Jan 07, 2020 01:55:46 pm
      I am a big fan of Lallana if he could get three or four games in a row he would get back to his best. lets hope he does going into the new year with a fully fit squad bang on form will be frightening for our opposition

just thought I would see what I had posted about Adam seeing as so many people wrote him off earlier in the season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1856: Jan 07, 2020 01:57:04 pm

done a great job too mate definitely has Jürgen as a fan too.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1857: Jan 07, 2020 05:47:27 pm
      just thought I would see what I had posted about Adam seeing as so many people wrote him off earlier in the season.

And there are many who didnt write him off. Very good technical player dogged by injuries
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1858: Jan 07, 2020 06:43:28 pm

That isnt going to happen, because why would Lallana want to sign up to us for a year to be sold and for us to get the cash? He might as well become a Bosman and have the signing on fee all to himself.

If his contract gets extended it will be to play for a further year for the reds.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1859: Jan 07, 2020 10:51:59 pm
      Loved hi post match comments in that they came in with the attitude that no matter what squad, the Gaffer puts out, we are at home and expect to win it.

Also loved how he talked about the young lads in training and how good they are. They're up to speed because they play against the big boys in training. F***ing love this Club!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1860: Jan 08, 2020 12:56:39 am
      That isnt going to happen, because why would Lallana want to sign up to us for a year to be sold and for us to get the cash? He might as well become a Bosman and have the signing on fee all to himself.

If his contract gets extended it will be to play for a further year for the reds.

I think the football club have the power to activate the extension on the contract, but there may be clauses with regards to a fixed pay or something.  My understanding is that the football club have the power and vito Lallana as long the clauses and agreements are excepted by the club.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1861: Jan 11, 2020 10:30:07 pm
      He was F***ing immense when he came on, this guy is superb. I love his football
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1862: Jan 12, 2020 01:22:58 am
      He was f**king immense when he came on, this guy is superb. I love his football

Agree he contributed in a lot of ways. I would expect him to be in with a shout for the starting XI against United.

Quick Reply