Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

ROUND OF 16: Match Topics

Read 22933 times
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Re: ROUND OF 16: Match Topics
      Reply #276: Jul 02, 2014 02:04:47 pm
      I honestly think all 16 teams that got through would have beaten England.
      Quite possibly, but when you look at how close all these 8 games have been, it just shows that very often the hardest part is getting out of the group.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #277: Jul 02, 2014 02:33:52 pm
      Must say Yedlin has been outstanding, as has Howard.
      If that USA right back (f*ck only knows what he's called, can't remember) who came on as sub isn't going to be a top player I'm Dutch.

Thought I'd collect all of these posts together to discuss DeAndre Yedlin since this was probably your first time seeing him unless you happen to be watching loads of Seattle games :laugh:

He has some pretty big potential and is very good going forward: pacey, plays a good ball, confident, etc. The biggest knock on him is that he has a bad habit of getting caught out of position (happened a bit yesterday but Belgium didn't capitalize) and not being too solid defensively. Daresay a touch like Glen Johnson?

That said, Yedlin's going to be a star for this country in the coming years. He's only 20, so he has tons of time to perfect the defensive side of his game. But I feel like he'll need to leave MLS in order to improve tactically. Our coaching here really lags behind. (Side note: Part of the reason why Klinsmann was given free reign of USSF is to completely overhaul it starting at youth level.)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #278: Jul 02, 2014 03:28:40 pm
      As usual the commentators did themselves proud more or less condemning the US team as run around's. I saw some great football some really good passing and yes the energy and effort that they showed deserved a lot more. Maybe our so called "more talented " English players could learn something about having pride in the shirt first and foremost and not what new car they will be getting this sept. But what a match.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #279: Jul 03, 2014 07:08:07 am
      Just watching the video of Barack Obama getting filmed whilst talking to Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey on the phone. So very American. Cringefest!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #280: Jul 04, 2014 01:20:40 pm
      Just watching the video of Barack Obama getting filmed whilst talking to Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey on the phone. So very American. Cringefest!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6946 
      Reply #281: Jul 04, 2014 01:30:11 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYeD2nrLZRU#ws

Bet Clint Dempsey's a good laugh.
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2014 01:41:48 pm by JD »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054