Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

QUARTER FINALS: Match Topics

Read 16991 times
      Bier
      Re: QUARTER FINALS: Match Topics
      Reply #184: Jul 06, 2014 10:40:29 am
      Let's take this back to what it is... Costa Rica had a penalty (same "penalty" that Robben got in his previous game) denied in Extra Time.

Holland would have been out before that shoot out.

Holland deserve nothing.

Bitter are we? We deserved to score long before that but were unlucky we didn't, even before extra time. Hit the post once, and the bar twice, among many other chances. Costa Rica were aiming for penalties from the start.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #185: Jul 06, 2014 11:56:32 am
      Let's take this back to what it is... Costa Rica had a penalty (same "penalty" that Robben got in his previous game) denied in Extra Time.

Holland would have been out before that shoot out.

Holland deserve nothing.

did you not see them hit the bar and the post 3 times??? delighted Dirk got his penalty.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,753 posts | 882 
      Reply #186: Jul 06, 2014 01:39:01 pm
      Bitter are we? We deserved to score long before that but were unlucky we didn't, even before extra time. Hit the post once, and the bar twice, among many other chances. Costa Rica were aiming for penalties from the start.

Bitter? Why?

I want Holland or Germany to win the World Cup. Preference is Holland.

However, I say it as it is. Holland were very, very fortunate. Costa Rica should be through right now.
      Bier
      Reply #187: Jul 06, 2014 01:57:50 pm
      Bitter? Why?

I want Holland or Germany to win the World Cup. Preference is Holland.

However, I say it as it is. Holland were very, very fortunate. Costa Rica should be through right now.

Yeah, I don't see that. Costa Rica were very fortunate we didn't score more like.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,199 posts | 8562 
      Reply #188: Jul 06, 2014 02:10:53 pm
      Thought the Costa Rica team were defensively sound but a bit sh*t upfront, to say they should be in the semis is a bit stupid, they were never attacking enough to be a real threat to the Dutch, as it happened Van Gaal made a great decision swapping the keepers for the pens.

Yeah, I don't see that. Costa Rica were very fortunate we didn't score more like.

Tbh last night RVP looked like he couldn't score in an Amsterdam brothel, he was marshalled well by the Costa Rican defence and the amount of times he was caught offside was unbelievable.
      Bier
      Reply #189: Jul 06, 2014 02:21:53 pm

Tbh last night RVP looked like he couldn't score in an Amsterdam brothel, he was marshalled well by the Costa Rican defence and the amount of times he was caught offside was unbelievable.

Yeah, Van Persie hasn't looked good the last few games, don't think he's very fit. Been the first to get tired every game, and he isn't even covering that much distance. Everybody here was calling for Huntelaar to be brought in for him.

Still though, his shot against the Costa Rican player on the goalline that then went out via the bar was unlucky not to go in.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #190: Jul 06, 2014 03:26:32 pm
      "Masterstroke" is what the English media are saying.

If he did that against England it would be "Dirty tactics"

Just saying!

Quick Reply