Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

QUARTER FINALS: Match Topics

Read 17008 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: QUARTER FINALS: Match Topics
      Reply #92: Jul 04, 2014 10:57:30 pm
      Brazil v Germany! Nuff said!
      DanMann

• 5,756 posts | 884 
      Reply #93: Jul 04, 2014 10:59:39 pm
      Player of the tournament OUT.

Real shame that.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #94: Jul 04, 2014 11:00:22 pm
      Think the ref takes a lot of the blame for allowing Brazil to kick Rodriguez, should have put a stop to that a long time ago. Good game could have been an absolute classic with a better ref that.

What about kicking Neymar? They took him out of the game. The ref was an idiot, full stop, it worked both ways. Colombia could easily have had a couple of players sent off, some of the fouls were quite shocking and it took him more than an entire half to show the first yellow (for a stupid, but not violent foul by Thiago Silva).
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #95: Jul 04, 2014 11:04:38 pm
      What about kicking Neymar? They took him out of the game. The ref was an idiot, full stop, it worked both ways. Colombia could easily have had a couple of players sent off, some of the fouls were quite shocking and it took him more than an entire half to show the first yellow (for a stupid, but not violent foul by Thiago Silva).

Didn't notice it as bad, they certainly did a number on him too. The kick on Hulk that was knee high was one of the worst.

As for what he showed the first yellow for, that was a joke, fine by the letter of the law it's probably a yellow but when you've let everything else go that just made me shake my head.

Like I said Diego, a better ref and that would have been an awesome game with possibly the same result. The main role for a ref these days should be to allow skill to get the better of rough treatment, it is after all a game that is successful because it's entertaining, just kicking people because they're better than you disgusts me.

Happy for Brazil but think that should have gone to extra time, more than likely because I'm a neutral and was enjoying the game :D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #96: Jul 04, 2014 11:04:54 pm
      Great game that. Just wish the ref was a bit tougher in the first half. Should have booked a few players.

Must say that this is one of the poorest Brazillian sides I've seen in a while and without home advantage I think they would have gone out by now. Do think Germany will prove a step too far, especially if they continue to be as solid as they were today.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #97: Jul 04, 2014 11:05:35 pm
      Absolute atrocious ref, the most one eyed performance so far in the tournament, how did the keeper not get a red. But at the end of the day despite the ref helping the home team Colombia did not do enough.
      DanMann

• 5,756 posts | 884 
      Reply #98: Jul 04, 2014 11:06:00 pm
      According to ITV..

54 fouls in the game.

31 committed by Brazil.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #99: Jul 04, 2014 11:06:07 pm
      Happy for Brazil but think that should have gone to extra time, more than likely because I'm a neutral and was enjoying the game

A bit like me at the MaracanĂ£ earlier today. I wanted Germany to progress but was hoping for a French goal near the end so that I could watch extra time :D
      DanMann

• 5,756 posts | 884 
      Reply #100: Jul 04, 2014 11:09:00 pm
      haha, James celebrating his goal with a grasshopper :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #101: Jul 04, 2014 11:35:14 pm
      Damn shame James Rodriguez is now out of the tournament. He deserves all of the accolades this tournament (unless Muller bags hat-tricks in the next two games, of course). The referee was absolutely atrocious today allowing so many fouls go unchecked. Haven't seen a worse display by an official in a long time.

Don't know about anyone else, but I found Germany-France to be rather boring. France had zero ideas what to do once Germany's backline started dropping a little deeper.

Looking forward to Brazil-Germany. Want Germany, think Germany, so probably Brazil will scuffle through that one too :laugh:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #102: Jul 04, 2014 11:38:58 pm
      I think German intelligence will prevail in the semi final over the emotionally driven Brazil in the same way the Italians dumped them out at the semi finals in 2006. That said I LOVED the performance of Luiz tonight. Where Hummels gave a performance from the head (best defender in the world in my opinion) Luiz's was a performance from the heart.

Oh and this just in from the hospital in Fortaleza. Neymar looks well fu**ed.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #103: Jul 04, 2014 11:39:54 pm
      6 goals and 2 assists in 5 games. That's James Rodriguez for you!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #104: Jul 04, 2014 11:45:26 pm
      Was a good game then between Brazil and Colombia. Brazil are very unBrazil at the moment, Big Phil has got them working their bollocks off, but I think they might come a little unstuck against the Germans, who I fancy to win the whole thing.

I do like Big Phil's tracksuit look though, none of that suit sh*te for him!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #105: Jul 05, 2014 12:00:44 am
      uote (selected)

Was a good game then between Brazil and Colombia. Brazil are very unBrazil at the moment, Big Phil has got them working their boll

He's the only man who can pull off the tracksuit on the touchline unlike Pulis who looks like a paedo tribute act. Great international manager!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #106: Jul 05, 2014 12:04:56 am
      He's the only man who can pull off the tracksuit on the touchline unlike Pulis who looks like a paedo tribute act. Great international manager!

That in bold has just ended me, one funny F***ing shout!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #107: Jul 05, 2014 12:10:39 am
      That in bold has just ended me, one funny f**king shout!

I'm here all week!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #108: Jul 05, 2014 12:14:18 am
      Unless I have missed the joke I can't see anything great about Scolari part from his track suit sense!

Worst Brazilian side in living memory.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #109: Jul 05, 2014 12:19:23 am
      Unless I have missed the joke I can't see anything great about Scolari part from his track suit sense!

Worst Brazilian side in living memory.

Apart from winning a World Cup previously!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #110: Jul 05, 2014 12:23:26 am
      Apart from winning a World Cup previously!

Oh yeah I tried to erase that bore fest of a team out my memory thanks for reigniting it.

Zafil
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 38 posts |
      • Forever in our hearts
      Reply #111: Jul 05, 2014 12:49:44 am
      Neymar is out of the world cup.

I bet a high money for brazil winning aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28173132
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #112: Jul 05, 2014 01:02:27 am
      Neymar supposed to have fractured third vertebrae.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #113: Jul 05, 2014 01:33:44 am
      More importantly for Brazil ....  Silva is out.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #114: Jul 05, 2014 02:15:51 am
      I'm hating to face teams I like one after the other. First it was Chile, my adopted side in the group stage; then Colombia, one of the most exciting teams in the competition; and now Germany, whose players have been so receptive to Brazilian fans, so respectful about Brazil, and seem to be genuinely enjoying the country. People say here that they are the most likable team in the WC. I agree. It will be a shame that one of Brazil and Germany have to go, though I admit that if I were a neutral, I would probably be cheering for Germany.

Quick Reply