Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Kevin Stewart (Liverpool -> Hull)

Read 28606 times
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Kevin Stewart (Liverpool -> Hull)
      Jul 02, 2014 04:02:00 pm
      SSN reporting we have signed him. Apparently ex Tottenham youngster they haven't offered pro terms to?
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9369141/transfer-news-liverpool-swoop-for-kevin-stewart
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 04:39:09 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Kevin Stewart
      Reply #1: Jul 02, 2014 04:39:29 pm
      Played for Inglethorpe in the NextGen.
      I imagine he saw a lot of potential in the kid.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2: Jul 02, 2014 06:35:52 pm
      Good luck to the lad, after being released from Spurs I bet he wasn't expecting to step down, not up!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3: Jul 02, 2014 08:27:47 pm
      Don't know the lad but my first reaction, and apologies if it's a bit knee jerk, is that it's a bit of a weird one. Let go by Spurs, left sided CB? Isn't Illori an LCB? There's also Agger and Sakho there.

I may be being a bit ignorant but they are my initial thoughts.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4: Jul 02, 2014 08:31:01 pm
      Don't know the lad but my first reaction, and apologies if it's a bit knee jerk, is that it's a bit of a weird one. Let go by Spurs, left sided CB? Isn't Illori an LCB? There's also Agger and Sakho there.

Maybe I'm an old cynic, but sign them up, get them some ressie games and maybe a start in the early rounds of the carling cup (or whatever the F**k it's called now), then flog them on for a couple of million or so.
      In the meantime, one or both might blossom.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5: Jul 02, 2014 11:09:27 pm

Could be a speculation thing mate, probably sell him for £1m or so in the future and an easy £1m made? Who knows, personally I'd rather our coaches work on players who have the potential to make the first team.

Having said that many players are released and go on to make names for themselves but at 20 years old the odds are well against the lad. In any case welcome to the club Kevin.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #6: Jul 03, 2014 02:13:32 pm

I made the same assumption about Illori being a left sided defender, but he's actually right footed.

Fair question about whether or not a lad released by Spurs will be good enough for us though.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #7: Jul 03, 2014 02:21:02 pm
      I made the same assumption about Illori being a left sided defender, but he's actually right footed.

Fair question about whether or not a lad released by Spurs will be good enough for us though.

I know mate. But then there's Rickie Lambert. Suppose getting fu**ed off doesn't have to mean you're finished.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #8: Jul 03, 2014 03:28:22 pm

Can't see him being anywhere near the first team just yet, more likely will be with the U-21 squad this coming season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: Jul 05, 2014 02:36:06 pm
      He's pretty short, apparently 1.69m (5ft 7in). I would expect him to play as a full back.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #10: Oct 29, 2014 08:49:56 pm
      I'm so confused about this lad! How has he played for the u21 if he's played! What's the plan with this dude!
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #11: Oct 29, 2014 09:14:31 pm
      Strange one this - I hope he has potential rather than a long term strategy to get a profit on him.

If its the latter, I really worry about our priorities in the academy.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #12: Oct 30, 2014 07:01:28 pm
      Strange one this - I hope he has potential rather than a long term strategy to get a profit on him.

If its the latter, I really worry about our priorities in the academy.

Stranger still when you also take into consideration that he also brought Vigouroux with him from the Spuds. It's not as though we're short of goalies, we're overloaded with them - Danny Ward, Ryan Crump, Andrew Firth, Ryan Fulton, Shamal George, Ben Jackson, Owen Wheeler.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #13: Jan 03, 2015 03:49:09 pm
      Another loanee signing by Cheltenham, scored today for Cheltenham. Sounded like it was a really good goal too. Seems our young lads are making an impact in League Two. His goal puts them 2-1 up at HT.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #14: Jan 03, 2015 08:57:57 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Jul 06, 2015 09:56:08 pm
      Reportedly going on loan to Swindon. 21 now. Make you wonder what the point in signing him was really
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Jul 06, 2015 10:18:10 pm
      Reportedly going on loan to Swindon. 21 now. Make you wonder what the point in signing him was really

Another player that will bounce round from club to club on loan until his contract expires.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17: Jul 06, 2015 10:29:21 pm
      Another player that will bounce round from club to club on loan until his contract expires.

Don't know what we are supposed to do 7KK7? I mean the alternative is to just cease feeding the system or let them sit in the U21's. I would think we continuously have to get these guys in and if 1-20 end up making it to the 1st teams it would be a success; I would also think when we take a kid in and coach him up even when we move him on the club is not losing money.

Like I said its either do it this way or just give up on youth all together.  :confused-smiley-013:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Jul 06, 2015 11:20:11 pm
      Stewart didn't cost us anything anyway. he was released by Spurs, same as Vigoroux so if we they aren't good enough for us we'll get a small fee for them when they move on.

Kevin has actually done well on the short loans he's had and has improved from having them.  He should do well at Swindon.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #19: Jul 07, 2015 05:52:22 am
      i for one like how we're signing these kids and really seeing what they've got. can't everyone see how it's far less of a gamble then risking it all, paying the big wages, to a "proven player" and them flopping? then you have an expensive old flop nobody wants clogging your wages. instead of a joe cole stuffing your whole system, having a luis alberto isn't so bad. honestly, you should prefer us signing these kids to get that first hand look at them over wasting money on old players - we already went through that hell, remember?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #20: Jul 07, 2015 07:59:00 am
      Don't underestimate the impact and benefit of having these players coming in from other areas of the uk / world...

That its self will do our lads a world of good. You mix up the whole dynamic and help them to work with players and people from other cultures with different views and abilities. They will need to develop this if they ever make it to be a top player.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: Kevin Stewart Player Thread
      Reply #21: Aug 10, 2015 02:26:08 pm
      Currently on loan at Swindon, had a good 90 minutes against Bradford with an assist in their 4-1 win
      baz_no5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8 posts |
      Re: Kevin Stewart Player Thread
      Reply #22: Jan 30, 2016 07:23:40 pm
      hes definitely got the quality to boss a midfield, hes impressed against west ham today, not scared to hold a ball up and look for a forward pass.

Quick Reply