Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Life without Luis

Read 9648 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Life without Luis
      Reply #92: Jul 11, 2014 08:31:28 pm
      On the plus side, we'll no longer have that lingering feeling of "a lengthy ban is around the corner" anymore.

You say that... The next stiffy Flanno gets when he scores they will ban him for months
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #93: Jul 11, 2014 08:32:21 pm
      I'd have him 4th on my all time list......

But then again I'm only talking about the No.7 jersey  ;)

Just behind Nigel Clough?

>:D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #94: Jul 11, 2014 08:37:59 pm
      You say that... The next stiffy Flanno gets when he scores they will ban him for months

A know mate, the lad's gonna be mortified - he thinks nobody has seen the rocket in his pocket.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #95: Jul 11, 2014 08:39:45 pm

yep and just edging Nigel Spackman  :dunce2:

1) Kenny
      2) Keegan
      3) Beardsley
      4) Luis

Why only 4th? They won stuff, lots of stuff.....it matters.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #96: Jul 11, 2014 08:42:45 pm

A know mate, the lad's gonna be mortified - he thinks nobody has seen the rocket in his pocket.

:lmao:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #97: Jul 11, 2014 08:43:21 pm
      yep and just edging Nigel Spackman  :dunce2:

1) Kenny
      2) Keegan
      3) Beardsley
      4) Luis

Why only 4th? They won stuff, lots of stuff.....it matters.

It does..

Too be honest I'm genuinely going to think about where he comes for me, but the thing is we have had that many good players, it takes a lot to break that top group
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #98: Jul 11, 2014 08:47:37 pm
      It does..

Too be honest I'm genuinely going to think about where he comes for me, but the thing is we have had that many good players, it takes a lot to break that top group

That's the thing mate - we've been truly spoiled and that's before you start to consider all the great players in other positions. Is Luis, for example, better than Carra? Not for me, not by a long, long way.

Wouldn't massively surprise me if in 3 years Raheem had made that no.7 jersey his own. The most iconic jersey in world football for me, but then I am a little biased....
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #99: Jul 11, 2014 08:57:31 pm
      That's the thing mate - we've been truly spoiled and that's before you start to consider all the great players in other positions. Is Luis, for example, better than Carra? Not for me, not by a long, long way.

Wouldn't massively surprise me if in 3 years Raheem had made that no.7 jersey his own. The most iconic jersey in world football for me, but then I am a little biased....

Completely agree, I can think in my time since 85 of so many great players that with all due respect to the utter nonsensical genius that is Luis Suarez he wouldn't  get beyond.

I loved Luis but there have been so many more in this clubs history..

Luis was fantastic, but we had him for 3 and a half years, in a period we haven't been that successful he was a shining light, he did some jaw dropping stuff, but overall many others have been wonderful over longer periods and helped drive us to real success.

Luis shouldn't ever be forgotten for his efforts to get us back into the CL though and he did do wonderful things.

As for Raheem, I think he will be known as one of the worlds best in the next 3 seasons
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,942 posts | 4997 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #100: Jul 11, 2014 09:31:59 pm
      Haven't read all the posts in the pages above simply because it's probably been already mentioned and because Luis Suarez the crazy genius that he is,is part of our history now,

We have all enjoyed his time with our fantastic institution  as I'm sure he feels likewise, who knows how he would have compared to our past 'great  7's ' had he remained, however he will always be remembered not for his devilish behaviour but for the numerous magical moments he gave us these past 3 seasons,

What a genius, what a player we have had the privilege to see , he is a phenomenon, a one off simply brilliant player, yes of course we will miss him , for a week or two, so Luis Suarez , thank you , thank you for all those memories & stories you have left us with,
      Simply brilliant

Good luck with Barca, except when u play us of course,

To you your wife & little ones

YNWA

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #101: Jul 11, 2014 09:51:59 pm
      Gave us plenty to debate in his relatively short time at the club. Luis scored some truly remarkable goals for the Reds, could have been a real legend if he had stayed, but obviously wanted to move on. Good luck to you and your family Luis
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 726 
      Reply #102: Jul 11, 2014 09:59:11 pm
      Lebron went back to Cleveland , u never know Luis might come back. Stranger things have happened
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #103: Jul 11, 2014 10:24:59 pm
      All the best gugsy .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #104: Jul 11, 2014 11:20:54 pm
      A truly World Class player has left us and I don't feel anything other then shattered. He was a joy to watch and a nightmare for opposition teams. He could score at any time from anywhere and was one of the Best players to ever grace the Hallowed turf that is Anfield.

I will truly miss you Luis.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #105: Jul 12, 2014 09:40:11 am
      Don't feel the hate, 3 and a half great years, always was going to go to spain, best of luck chewy mate, tw*t Pepe for us please...
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #106: Jul 12, 2014 10:03:38 am
      Bony is a good player but seems to play a different style to suarez. He's less direct and likes to hold the ball up. It would mean a dif style of play. Not sure how it would work.

i wouldnt mind seeing a bid for james rodriguez or even (SHOCK) Carlos Tevez.....or LIVERPOOL MAKE SHOCK 50 MILLION POUND BID FOR WAYNE ROONEY

Get to F**k lad
      He's manc bitter bag of sh*te
      Have you been on the brown?
      Why would we want that crocky scruff?:-\

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #107: Jul 12, 2014 02:54:53 pm
      Lebron went back to Cleveland , u never know Luis might come back. Stranger things have happened

No one really gives a F**k about Lebron except in the states, Luis moving to Barca was bigger news!!

And in answer of the subject title, things just got a little quieter and calm.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #108: Jul 12, 2014 03:05:05 pm
      Get to F**k lad
      He's manc bitter bag of sh*te
      Have you been on the brown?
      Why would we want that crocky scruff?:-\

Wayne F***ing Rooney.....wouldn't piss on the c**t if he was on fire.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #109: Jul 12, 2014 04:22:08 pm
      I'm devastated he's left, he is truly one of a kind with his playing style. Not devastated about losing his goals because I think we can adapt to compensate. More devastated because he is a player who truly makes you want to watch football, even in the most boring game he can produce a little flick or outrageous skill that leaves you scratching your head about what just happened.

Gonna miss the little nutcase!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #110: Jul 12, 2014 04:29:07 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #111: Jul 12, 2014 04:40:11 pm
      As with all past greats Luis will be missed but life for a Liverpool fan goes on. 

Every time he stepped onto the pitch he was predictably unpredictable.  You always expected and got 100% effort, you always expected and got quality, you always expected and got goals and you always expected and got something uniquely crazy.

It's been an absolute pleasure watching our crazy diamond for the last 3 and half years (minus the bans) and I wish him and his family all the very best for the future.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #112: Jul 12, 2014 04:46:45 pm

Let's face it anyone who can wind up the little englanders of this country and the Daily Mail this much, must be a bit of a mental genius!

RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #113: Jul 12, 2014 04:49:57 pm
      Let's face it anyone who can wind up the little englanders of this country and the Daily Mail this much, must be a bit of a mental genius!

Saw that earlier mate! Something very amusing watching the false morality come spewing out of the litter englanders mouths accusing him of being a racist whilst in the next sentence saying 'dirty South Americans' hen discussing him!!

Quick Reply