Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Guess the Final line up.

Brazil / Holland
      0 (0%)
      Holland / Germany
      10 (43.5%)
      Argentina / Brazil
      2 (8.7%)
      Germany / Argentina
      11 (47.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

SEMI-FINALS: Match Topics

Read 19734 times
      Zafil
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 38 posts |
      • Forever in our hearts
      Re: SEMI-FINALS: Match Topics
      Reply #161: Jul 09, 2014 12:11:04 am
      I Saw on twitter.

Bra 1
      Ger Many
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #162: Jul 09, 2014 12:17:48 am
      Brazil were shockingly bad. They were lucky to pull past Croatia in that very first game and edged Chile and Colombia narrowly.

Felt embarrassed for them - sad to see a great footballing aura demolished in one game. They have got some creative players. One of them was at Melwood today.

Think they will lose on Saturday too.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #163: Jul 09, 2014 12:22:35 am
      I said it before, Thiago Silva was a huge loss. Put Luiz, Marcelo and Maicon in a back 4 and you are asking to be scored against.
      The german midfielders passed their way through midfield to the defence and then it was game over.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #164: Jul 09, 2014 12:25:00 am
      that was one brutal massacre.

But after all I think Brazilians should be satisfied how far they came whit a team they had. 7:1 is one brutal result but being at least 4th in a world whit that team is a achievement. If the WC would not be on there grounds they would struggle to come out of a group, second round tops.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #165: Jul 09, 2014 12:28:46 am
      7-1

:lmao:

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #166: Jul 09, 2014 12:57:58 am
      And so it begins.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #167: Jul 09, 2014 01:25:17 am
      Just finished watching that slaughter, out all day, managed to avoid the score. Braziian's whacked.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #168: Jul 09, 2014 02:42:49 am
      Is this worse than 1950? I think it might be. This is total humiliation whereas 1950 was an 1-2 scoreline in the final.

Definitely! Easily. The defeat in 1950 was a huge shock but it was a circumstantial defeat. Today was total and pure humiliation.

I'm obviously not happy but I can see the beauty in that - Germany are fantastic. What a team. They just wrote history today, people will talk about this game for decades.

It was simply the worst defeat in Brazil's history. Not just in World Cup, but also friendlies, and other competitions. That in a World Cup semifinal, in home soil. It's unbeliveable.

I wasn't confident going into that match and there is a general consensus that a close defeat (a 2-1 maybe?) would be seen as acceptable, though disappointing (a bit like Germany's defeat to Italy in 2006). But this... this is a total shock.

Credit to Germany for re-thinking their football and reaping the benefits, while Brazil keeps living from the past (FelipĆ£o and Parreira together, two manager who stopped in time)

7-1. Wow! I hope Germany win the whole thing now. They deserve it. The most likable team in this competition as I've said before and when they're on the top of their game, they're a joy to watch.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #169: Jul 09, 2014 02:46:29 am
      One of them was at Melwood today.

This! Coutinho is such a better player than some in this squad. Bernard in particular, such a limited pace merchant. I almost felt sorry for him, I pitied him, he was simply out of his depth. As was FelipĆ£o... we haven't played well in a single game the whole competition, but after losing its 2 best players, he simply couldn't find any alternatives.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #170: Jul 09, 2014 02:55:44 am
      This! Coutinho is such a better player than some in this squad. Bernard in particular, such a limited pace merchant. I almost felt sorry for him, I pitied him, he was simply out of his depth. As was FelipĆ£o... we haven't played well in a single game the whole competition, but after losing its 2 best players, he simply couldn't find any alternatives.

Tbh I honestly thought Brazil might try and play defensively, keep it tight, frustrate Germany and try and nick a goal. I know it sounds horribly cliched, but as long as Brazil were in the game the crowd would of stayed with them. Instead it was like they tried to come and play, got caught in the headlights of an oncoming juggernaut and were simply torn apart.

In that first half Brazil were brainless and heartless.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #171: Jul 09, 2014 03:17:41 am
      Tbh I honestly thought Brazil might try and play defensively, keep it tight, frustrate Germany and try and nick a goal. I know it sounds horribly cliched, but as long as Brazil were in the game the crowd would of stayed with them. Instead it was like they tried to come and play, got caught in the headlights of an oncoming juggernaut and were simply torn apart.

In that first half Brazil were brainless and heartless.

I expected the same. I could see FelipĆ£o bringing Willian to the team, or - as I expected - another midfielder, perhaps a trio of Luiz Gustavo, Fernandinho and Paulinho or Ramires or Hernanes. It wouldn't be very exciting to watch but it would recognize that Germany are a superior side and that our best chance was to keep it tight, as you said. I never thought he would start with Bernard who was so awfully out of place.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #172: Jul 09, 2014 03:19:42 am
      Aye, I've actually rated the lad but would agree with you about that being the worst defensive performance I've seen from a recognised player at international level.

Really? Do you guys think Luiz was the worst of the lot?

For me it was easily Dante. Easily. Him and Fernandinho were at fault for at least 3 goals, I think possibly 5 or even more. Dante was awful from start to finish, just stood there watching Germany play. It was a shock as I think he's a decent player, not great but a good one. Definitely not up to Thiago's standards though.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #173: Jul 09, 2014 03:22:10 am

Worse than Agger, certainly.  ;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #174: Jul 09, 2014 03:27:38 am

:D For me, a far better player than Agger.

Losing Thiago also forced David to change his positioning to the right side, with a zombie as a defensive partner. Dante was horrible.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #175: Jul 09, 2014 03:33:41 am

Losing Thiago also forced David to change his positioning to the right side, with a zombie as a defensive partner. Dante was horrible.

What about Marcelo.They came down his side. Were the CM meant to cover.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #176: Jul 09, 2014 03:34:07 am

Fair enough mate, sounds odd I know but I haven't seen enough of Luiz to form an opinion on him really, just pulling ya plonker like.

From the little I have seen of Brasil in this tournament they moved away from the classic style (for whatever reasons - manager or lack of quality to play their classic style) to a European style which put me off them this time around.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #177: Jul 09, 2014 03:37:59 am
      What about Marcelo.They came down his side. Were the CM meant to cover.

Never rated Marcelo, dislike him immensely on a personal level as well. Former Fluminense player, an idiot who loves to get sent off in the big games, a complete liability in defense. Him and Dante were a total joke on that left side.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #178: Jul 09, 2014 03:48:20 am
      Never rated Marcelo, dislike him immensely on a personal level as well. Former Fluminense player, an idiot who loves to get sent off in the big games, a complete liability in defense. Him and Dante were a total joke on that left side.

I feel the same. I can see why managers like his pace but he seems to do stupid things and no positional strength. I can see why Coentrao is prefferd by Ancellotti, not because of his personality mind, just a better defender.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #179: Jul 09, 2014 03:50:23 am

For me it was easily Dante. Easily. Him and Fernandinho were at fault for at least 3 goals, I think possibly 5 or even more. Dante was awful from start to finish, just stood there watching Germany play. It was a shock as I think he's a decent player, not great but a good one. Definitely not up to Thiago's standards though.

I thought your entire defence was woeful but have to say he was the worst mate.

First goal - he gets blocked off doesn't recover, good German play or losing his man - gets benefit of the doubt for this one.
      Second goal - When muller receives the ball he is 2nd closest defender to Muller and in front of Klose, he turns around as if on one of those cake stands that revolves slowly and doesn't get above a walk, embarrassing that was.
      Third goal - Wasn't really at fault but not sure what he's trying to do dropping deep when nobody is there and there's attackers in the box, effectively does nothing.
      Fourth goal - Barely gets above a walk, may not have been able to influence anything but he didn't even try, embarrassing again. If he had made the effort it may have prevented the keeper from having to commit to an unmarked man.
      Fifth goal - Got ripped to shreds from Hansen and Ferdinand for pulling out like he did, exposed the defence completely.
      Sixth goal - He's asleep, doesn't move from one spot for the entire move out on the right, 2 players get a run on him and I'd be surprised if he saw any of it because by this time his head had completely gone.
      Seventh - Doesn't get back, leaves massive hold and the space that Shurrle gets on his side of defence is a disgrace. This is the only goal that you see him break into a sprint or any effort to defend and that is the most embarrassing part of it from his point of view.

I think he just got completely shell-shocked and as we've discussed I actually rate him but on this performance alone it was the worst I've seen unfortunately. Dante wasn't much better, neither was Marcelo.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #180: Jul 09, 2014 09:01:30 am
      I thought your entire defence was woeful but have to say he was the worst mate.

First goal - he gets blocked off doesn't recover, good German play or losing his man - gets benefit of the doubt for this one.
      Second goal - When muller receives the ball he is 2nd closest defender to Muller and in front of Klose, he turns around as if on one of those cake stands that revolves slowly and doesn't get above a walk, embarrassing that was.
      Third goal - Wasn't really at fault but not sure what he's trying to do dropping deep when nobody is there and there's attackers in the box, effectively does nothing.
      Fourth goal - Barely gets above a walk, may not have been able to influence anything but he didn't even try, embarrassing again. If he had made the effort it may have prevented the keeper from having to commit to an unmarked man.
      Fifth goal - Got ripped to shreds from Hansen and Ferdinand for pulling out like he did, exposed the defence completely.
      Sixth goal - He's asleep, doesn't move from one spot for the entire move out on the right, 2 players get a run on him and I'd be surprised if he saw any of it because by this time his head had completely gone.
      Seventh - Doesn't get back, leaves massive hold and the space that Shurrle gets on his side of defence is a disgrace. This is the only goal that you see him break into a sprint or any effort to defend and that is the most embarrassing part of it from his point of view.

Yip... pure and utter sh*te.

All hair, no substance; take away his body-checking, kicking from behind and elbowing and it's plain to see the fella couldn't tackle a kebab after a couple of joints. Anything but a good defender.

When he wasn't defending, which was pretty much the whole game really, he was trying to play 60 yard "passes" [the same way Stoke used to]. Sadly, for Brazil, the first one to Hulk came off ; that made him believe (not that it takes much) that he's better than he is and set the tone for the rest of the night... to F**k with defending, I'm a play-maker.

But hey he's "passionate", he cries and prays so all is forgiven. What was he praying for at the end?... "Dear Lord, please fix it, for me, that PSG can't find their receipt".  :angel:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #181: Jul 09, 2014 10:14:12 am
      That was beyond embarrassing the way the brazilians just capitulated. Maybe a chance now for them to dump Scolari and the likes of Luiz, Fred, Paulinho Ramires etc and try and find the soul of Brazilian football.
      Just glad Coutinho and Lucas did not have to play in those shithouse tactics of Scolari.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #182: Jul 09, 2014 10:25:58 am
      Yip... pure and utter sh*te.

All hair, no substance; take away his body-checking, kicking from behind and elbowing and it's plain to see the fella couldn't tackle a kebab after a couple of joints. Anything but a good defender.

When he wasn't defending, which was pretty much the whole game really, he was trying to play 60 yard "passes" [the same way Stoke used to]. Sadly, for Brazil, the first one to Hulk came off ; that made him believe (not that it takes much) that he's better than he is and set the tone for the rest of the night... to f**k with defending, I'm a play-maker.

But hey he's "passionate", he cries and prays so all is forgiven. What was he praying for at the end?... "Dear Lord, please fix it, for me, that PSG can't find their receipt".  :angel:

I agree with both of you that he was horrible; in fact, it's impossible to say that anyone in that team played well. But Dante's performance shocked me more, I think it was the worst performance by a Brazilian defender I've ever seen. David Luiz was bad, Dante and Marcelo on the left side were even worse in my eyes. Well, at least that was my impression while I watched the game. Can't say I was really arsed with details after some 3 or 4 goals :D

The long ball thing does irritate me. Both Thiago Silva and David Luiz do that far too much; in part because the team has so few alternatives.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #183: Jul 09, 2014 10:28:00 am

The long ball thing does irritate me. Both Thiago Silva and David Luiz do that far too much; in part because the team has so few alternatives.

Surely any alternative to getting it as quickly as possible anywhere near Fred is a better alternative

:o

Quick Reply