Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Guess the Final line up.

Brazil / Holland
      0 (0%)
      Holland / Germany
      10 (43.5%)
      Argentina / Brazil
      2 (8.7%)
      Germany / Argentina
      11 (47.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

SEMI-FINALS: Match Topics

Read 19735 times
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: SEMI-FINALS: Match Topics
      Reply #230: Jul 10, 2014 01:46:51 am
      Think Germany have it. Their midfield will have so much of the ball they'll score goals. Messi will need to do a lot better that he did tonight if they're to win it. Mascherano was a beast.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #231: Jul 10, 2014 03:07:43 am
      I really like the Argentina GK, Sergio Romero. Does anyone know much about him and whether he's better than our current keepers?

Yes  to question 1 and No to question 2.

He was a sub at Monaco last year made 3 appearences the entire campaign could never disclodge Subasic from the number 1 spot.

Both Pepe and Migs are better keepers than him in my opinion I know a few Argie's who don't rate him highly either.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #232: Jul 10, 2014 06:26:06 am
      I now hope the the Germans go on to win it.  Unless he was to have the game of the century in the final, I personally don't think that Messi has done enough in the tournament to get the adulation he will receive should they go on to win it.  I still think that he has been fairly ordinary, particularly against the better teams they have faced.

With the picture of Scolari above I was actually thinking something fairly similar about LVG during that game - they seemed devoid of any real threat and far too defensive.  Germany aside most teams have looked fairly average at the back and I thought that the best chance for the Dutch was to attack - but it seems that the fear of losing far outweighs the desire to win for some managers at this tournament.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #233: Jul 10, 2014 08:01:15 am
      The way he acted when he wanted to go to Barca left a bad taste in my mouth but watching that performance last night, I would have Masch back in a second.  He still has it.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #234: Jul 10, 2014 10:57:57 am
      The Germans play like its a game, the Argentinians play like its a job.

On so many layers of the onion, wtf happened.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #235: Jul 10, 2014 11:01:22 am
      Made up Argentina did the biz.
      They could upset Germany, Holland would use the same monotonous tactics they always do, Germany are monotonous but better at it.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #236: Jul 10, 2014 12:18:28 pm
      Sabella looks like someone disguised as an older person.

Having said that, Germany are overwhelming favourites but Argentina look crazed. They might just do it .... And in Brazil..... Would it count as another Maracanaza?
      I mean if Utd won the CL at Anfield? I was going to say Everton but then I may as well of said Quidditch World Cup for all the likelihood of the blueshite winning anything anywhere.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #237: Jul 10, 2014 12:28:26 pm
      Anyone else wondering why Ron Howards brother is coaching Argentina?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #238: Jul 10, 2014 01:01:15 pm
      Never been so drunk inside a stadium as I was last night. Boring match, Argentina are horrible to watch. Their fans are pretty fun though, and I enjoyed making fun of them when I could. One tried to punch me in the face :lmao: I might have said something a bit dirty about Argentinians.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #239: Jul 10, 2014 02:02:32 pm
      Masch just got ko-ed, really don't think players should be allowed back on after that, if he takes another knock to the head it surely can't be good for him.

I'm not sure, but he did look the best player on the pitch by a mile last night after that blow to the head.

Mash with an awesome bit of defensive midfield play, well in that man.

Superb that, tracked Robben and threw in a brilliantly timed challenge to block that shot.

The way he acted when he wanted to go to Barca left a bad taste in my mouth but watching that performance last night, I would have Masch back in a second.  He still has it.

What way did he act? And you believe Purslow and H & G? As far as I saw, I saw a player who got on with his game and had a good game too (Arsenal) then was dropped by the club and retard of a manager because they were cashing in and didn't want him getting injured against City.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #240: Jul 10, 2014 02:05:49 pm
      I really like the Argentina GK, Sergio Romero. Does anyone know much about him and whether he's better than our current keepers?

Not better than Mignolet! Romero couldn't even get into the Monaco team last season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #241: Jul 10, 2014 02:25:09 pm
      What way did he act? And you believe Purslow and H & G? As far as I saw, I saw a player who got on with his game and had a good game too (Arsenal) then was dropped by the club and retard of a manager because they were cashing in and didn't want him getting injured against City.

spot on

Javier Mascherano Hits Out at Roy Hodgson as He Breaks Silence on Liverpool Exit
      By Theo Squires
      on 17 Feb 2014

Former Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has broken his silence about his move to Barcelona back in August 2010, revealing that, contrary to popular belief, he did not refuse to play for the Reds in a bid to force through the deal.

Former Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson claimed at the time that the Argentine international did not wish to stay at Anfield and that he had effectively gone on strike ahead of the Reds' clash with Manchester City.

Hodgson also criticised Mascherano for his attitude and accused him of creating a “selfish situation" as the current England manager deflected attention towards the want-away midfielder in the aftermath of his side's 3-0 defeat.

However, three-and-a-half years after leaving Anfield, Mascherano has moved to set the record straight, profusely denying claims he refused to play.

“I did not wake up one day and refuse to play,” he said in a newspaper interview ahead of Barcelona's Champions League clash with Manchester City tomorrow.

“In the game before City we played against Arsenal and I gave everything because I was wearing the Liverpool shirt.

“Why would I do that and risk getting injured when I knew that Barcelona were close to signing me and then refused to play in another game.

“That doesn't make sense.”

The manner of the Argentine's £22m move to Barcelona divided opinion on Merseyside, prompting many fans to turn against their former idol after hearing Hodgson's version of events.

Speaking at the time, Hodgson said: "It is not easy for me to defend the actions [of Mascherano] because professionals are paid to play and when they are called on to play, they play.

"It is just a selfish situation that they have got something they want to do and they just expect the club, and therefore you as one of the leaders of the club, to bow down and accept that they are going to do it.

"Unfortunately there are going to be periods of time when there will be some unpleasantness because players must also understand that when you sign contracts you sign contracts to play."

Having previously kept silent, Mascherano has now revealed he did so out of respect to Liverpool as he attempts to repair his fractured relationship with the Reds' support.

“I didn't want to say anything at the time because of my respect for Liverpool,” the former West Ham United midfielder said.

“I did not want to say anything about a club that had been so good for me, so I kept my mouth shut.

“Maybe that was a mistake, because it allowed other people to say bad things about me. 

“But I do not regret it. Liverpool is a special club and it does not deserve to be treated badly.”

Mascherano blames broken promises from Hodgson and former Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow as the main reason for him seeking a departure from Anfield.

While the Argentine may have seemingly forced Liverpool's hand into selling at the time, Mascherano also claims that Hodgson and Purslow were keen to sell and they had been in talks with Barcelona for almost three weeks before things turned nasty.

“The people who were there at the time – the manager and Christian Purslow – have gone now but they know the truth," Mascherano said.

“When I went back to Liverpool for pre-season I had a lot of meetings with them and they were promising a lot of things to me but they never kept their word.
      "We had been talking about completing the transfer for 20 days because the club also wanted to make it happen, but then they started to make things difficult for me."

Mascherano concluded: “The people treated me really well and I would never want to let them down.

"I wanted to leave in another way, but they [Hodgson and Purslow] never gave me the chance to.

“My time at the club was over and I needed to move on, but I also needed to leave the club in a good way and that wasn't allowed to happen.

"That is the truth. It left me with a bad feeling."
      http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/theo.squires/712211/javier-mascherano-hits-out-at-roy-hodgson-as-he-breaks-silence-on-unsavoury-liverpool-exit

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #242: Jul 10, 2014 03:13:23 pm
      The song my brother created and we sang during the game, pissed off quite a few of them :lmao:

Las Malvinas no son argentinas
      Nunca las van a ganar
      Porque son un país de mierda
      Nunca las van a ganar

To the tune of their own song "Brasil, decime qué se siente"
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #243: Jul 10, 2014 11:50:08 pm
      Hello Diego.

I told you I was going to have the last laugh didn't I lad?

I will be the bigger man and  refrain though from your childish "nah nah's" and ;D's and ROFL's. So that is all I will say to you.

Last laugh... one country's shame is the other's greatest achievement ever. A semifinal!

Good luck to you in the qualifying for the next World Cup. Hopefully you'll make it again, and try not celebrating it with Nazi chants this time, please.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #244: Jul 11, 2014 01:35:54 pm
      Last laugh... one country's shame is the other's greatest achievement ever. A semifinal!

You got to take in consideration that there is 201 milions of Brazillians and only 3,9 milions of Croats. And country is 24 years old.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #245: Jul 14, 2014 12:25:54 am

Good luck to you in the qualifying for the next World Cup. Hopefully you'll make it again, and try not celebrating it with Nazi chants this time, please.

Haha talk to me about shame 10 goals in 2 games 4th place as some sort of a payback for throwing 11billion to host the world cup, nothing to show for it. Fair comparison that lad a country of 4m that has been war torn and had it's independece for 20 years with a country of 200m, and typical cuntish Diego  throwing in the Nazi chant comment a sensible way to stereoptype a whole country.

Good luck to you lad 7-1 an emabarrassment and shame you will feel for the rest of your life no matter how chivalrous  you may sound on this forum.

Ill sign off with;

Vai para a puta que te pariu.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #246: Jul 14, 2014 12:33:14 am

The wisest thing you've said in a month or so. As we say in Brazil, se não sabe brincar, não desce pro play. Soft lad!

Quick Reply