Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Guess the Final line up.

Brazil / Holland
      0 (0%)
      Holland / Germany
      10 (43.5%)
      Argentina / Brazil
      2 (8.7%)
      Germany / Argentina
      11 (47.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

SEMI-FINALS: Match Topics

Read 19819 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: SEMI-FINALS: Match Topics
      Reply #138: Jul 08, 2014 10:56:33 pm
      Germany are so impressive but Brazil have been really lucky to get this far and they got found out once they encountered a very good team.

I can't see past a German win in the final regardless of who gets through tomorrow.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #139: Jul 08, 2014 10:58:49 pm
      Germany are so impressive but Brazil have been really lucky to get this far and they got found out once they encountered a very good team.

I can't see past a German win in the final regardless of who gets through tomorrow.

Same for me, this German team has been developing for years now and not only are they incredible players individually, as a team they are fantastic and their mentality is amazing.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #140: Jul 08, 2014 10:59:06 pm
      WTF.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #141: Jul 08, 2014 10:59:49 pm
      how awful is Luiz Chelsea must be killing themselves for selling him for the fee they did. Pathetic defensive display.Brazil found out to be a one man team.
      Don't despair they have not yet got past the mighty DIRK. How good is Klose in the box
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #142: Jul 08, 2014 11:00:45 pm
      Same for me, this German team has been developing for years now and not only are they incredible players individually, as a team they are fantastic and their mentality is amazing.

yes but don't forget one thing about the Germans "they don't like it up emmmm!!!!"
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #143: Jul 08, 2014 11:01:54 pm
      yes but don't forget one thing about the Germans "they don't like it up emmmm!!!!"

Is that Roy Hodgson's team talk? Wouldn't be surprised if Corporal Jones is his idol.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,245 posts | 8576 
      Reply #144: Jul 08, 2014 11:03:33 pm
      Can't decide whether it was because the Germans were just simply world class tonight or whether Brazil were just that poor. Those Brazil players just didn't turn up tonight, without Silva's leadership the whole team looked lost.

Class response by the Brazilian fans for the 7th goal.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #145: Jul 08, 2014 11:06:03 pm
      Can't decide whether it was because the Germans were just simply world class tonight or whether Brazil were just that poor. Those Brazil players just didn't turn up tonight, without Silva's leadership the whole team looked lost.

Class response by the Brazilian fans for the 7th goal.

The Germans are good but Brzil are just F***ing woeful and David Luiz is a joke of a defender there entire back four are just ghosts
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #146: Jul 08, 2014 11:07:59 pm
      Can't believe what I've just watched, last time I seen a Brazilian get fu**ed so hard by 11 Germans I was watching it on Redtube.com
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,245 posts | 8576 
      Reply #147: Jul 08, 2014 11:08:11 pm
      The Germans are good but Brzil are just F***ing woeful and David Luiz is a joke of a defender there entire back four are just ghosts

Nah, they were world class tonight, they were dragging the Brazilians wherever they wanted in that first half.

The whole of Brazil will be singing Deutschland Uber Alles if Messi and co make it through their semi tomorrow!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #148: Jul 08, 2014 11:10:32 pm
      Brazil had no defense and no central midfield any decent side would have beaten Brazil tonight they had no shape and no discipline at all.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #149: Jul 08, 2014 11:11:18 pm
      That was like a premier league team against a pub team. Don't think the Germans even bothered going into first gear!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,245 posts | 8576 
      Reply #150: Jul 08, 2014 11:12:00 pm
      HAHAHA this just made me laugh!

Michael Calvin ‏@CalvinBook  6m
      What these Brazilians need are B teams in domestic football and Danny Mills as Scolari's successor.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #151: Jul 08, 2014 11:14:07 pm
      I am still getting my head around how bad Luiz is I have never rated him but that was probably the worst defensive performance at international level I have ever seen. He thinks he is so good a legend in his own lunchtime
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #152: Jul 08, 2014 11:18:00 pm
       :mad: :mad: :mad:   :roll:

WOW

On to the final!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #153: Jul 08, 2014 11:19:18 pm
      I am still getting my head around how bad Luiz is I have never rated him but that was probably the worst defensive performance at international level I have ever seen. He thinks he is so good a legend in his own lunchtime

Aye, I've actually rated the lad but would agree with you about that being the worst defensive performance I've seen from a recognised player at international level.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #154: Jul 08, 2014 11:25:05 pm
      Aye, I've actually rated the lad but would agree with you about that being the worst defensive performance I've seen from a recognised player at international level.

The guy is in bits on Brazilian tv apparently.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #155: Jul 08, 2014 11:25:52 pm

As a Captain aswell he was dreadful, went hiding and gave up after it got to 3-0. He's been their 'symbol' of what this means to Brazil, with all these expressions he's been pulling after goals, national anthems etc, but when the responsibility of being captain was given to him he went missing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #156: Jul 08, 2014 11:27:42 pm
      As a Captain aswell he was dreadful, went hiding and gave up after it got to 3-0. He's been their 'symbol' of what this means to Brazil, with all these expressions he's been pulling after goals, national anthems etc, but when the responsibility of being captain was given to him he went missing.

I'm finding it hard to find sympathy for the guy despite the hysterical tears after the final whistle. It's all very well being the 'lad' when everything is going well but when he really needed to show responsibility and personal leadership he was a disgrace.

A surprisingly spineless performance which ultimately typified a spineless team.

That said I thought Fernandinho's performance was perhaps the worst of the lot.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #157: Jul 08, 2014 11:30:48 pm

He was a broken man at the end, there's no denying that.

I agree with you, the responsibility was too much for him and he didn't do a captain's job. Hard to comprehend the pressure he was under though and he'll get, metaphorically speaking, publicly crucified for it. No amount of money and fame will soften that blow for him so I do have sympathy for the lad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,245 posts | 8576 
      Reply #158: Jul 08, 2014 11:32:32 pm

Imagine how the guy who authorised the £50 million be spent by PSG for Luiz is feeling?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #159: Jul 08, 2014 11:33:12 pm
      Imagine how the guy who authorised the £50 million be spent by PSG for Luiz is feeling?

Suicidal!
      MattJL
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #160: Jul 08, 2014 11:39:57 pm
      Unbelievable game. Will wait until tomorrow to see how Holland and Argentina play but I can't see anyone stopping Germany. Every player works incredibly hard and they all have a tremendous amount of talent - compare that performance to England vs Italy, Uruguay, and Costa Rica.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Quick Reply