Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Wilfried Bony (Swansea City)

Read 30858 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Wilfried Bony (Swansea City)
      Reply #345: Aug 12, 2014 11:05:50 am
      F*ck Eto and his squillion quid a week, get this lad in.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #346: Aug 12, 2014 12:48:06 pm
      F*ck Eto and his squillion quid a week, get this lad in.
      Eto'o could be part of a cunning, Baldrick type, plan 'Mick [so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox] . "Let's get ourselves linked with Eto'o and even Bony will look to be a better option"... don't fall for it mate.  :f_tongueincheek:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #347: Aug 12, 2014 12:52:40 pm
      Eto'o could be part of a cunning, Baldrick type, plan 'Mick [so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox] . "Let's get ourselves linked with Eto'o and even Bony will look to be a better option"... don't fall for it mate.  :f_tongueincheek:

Even keeping Borini has just become appealing.It has to be as you say "a cunning plan"
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #348: Aug 12, 2014 09:43:29 pm
      Apparently we have made a bid according to Twatter.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,348 posts | 1532 
      Reply #349: Aug 12, 2014 09:53:11 pm
      For who ?Bony or E'to.
       I'm old enough to be E'to's dad, truth is, everyone else in the squad, i'm old enough to be their F***ing grandad !
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #350: Aug 12, 2014 09:53:38 pm
      I believe we will get this guy plus Eto'o, and will let Borini go. I for one think that would sort us out for one year, before Origi replace Eto'o.

and the year after that we can replace Lambert with Suarez :D
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #351: Aug 12, 2014 09:56:36 pm
      For who ?Bony or E'to.
       I'm old enough to be E'to's dad, truth is, everyone else in the squad, i'm old enough to be their f**king grandad !

Well Bony... that's why I posted in this thread?   :confused-smiley-013:
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #352: Aug 12, 2014 11:14:27 pm

Indykaila. He cocked up on this one, as he reported we have bid 19mil - that meets his release clause, so if true will come out very quickly. He normally makes sh*t up which even if it doesn't come out in the main media he can claim happened. For example, he can say united bid x for Vidal, and then say the bid was rejected.
      Claiming we bid the release clause wasn't smart for a chancer like him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #353: Aug 12, 2014 11:18:01 pm

I'd be alright with Bony being our last signing.
      All things considered it's been a very good window for giving us a proper squad for once.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #354: Aug 12, 2014 11:22:56 pm
      Indykaila. He cocked up on this one, as he reported we have bid 19mil - that meets his release clause, so if true will come out very quickly. He normally makes sh*t up which even if it doesn't come out in the main media he can claim happened. For example, he can say united bid x for Vidal, and then say the bid was rejected.
      Claiming we bid the release clause wasn't smart for a chancer like him.

Not just Indykalia, quite a few other apparent poeple in the know tweeted the same thing.

I hope its true in all honesty, whether he can fit in directly to our style of play, he'd be a great player to have in our squad. Whether he partners Sturirdge or is rotated into the starting 11 he'd be a great option to have.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #355: Aug 12, 2014 11:25:03 pm
      Still not over the moon about this one but if it's between him and Eto'o.....Bony every day and twice on Sunday.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #356: Aug 12, 2014 11:34:20 pm
      This lad over E'to for me, but in all honesty id have them both. Champions league experience is what we'll get from E'to, then add Danny, Lambert and Bony. Not the worse 4 strikers to have.

Reus won't happen, would be a dream though!
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #357: Aug 12, 2014 11:34:32 pm
      Not just Indykalia, quite a few other apparent poeple in the know tweeted the same thing.

I hope its true in all honesty, whether he can fit in directly to our style of play, he'd be a great player to have in our squad. Whether he partners Sturirdge or is rotated into the starting 11 he'd be a great option to have.

I'm of the opinion that they all are chancers on twatter - so not just dumb for Indy then, dumb for the F***ing lot of them. First rule of being a chancer is having an exit route if the claim doesn't come off. Saying someone bid the buyout is poor and foolish for any aspiring chancer.

On the topic of Bony, I really hope it does happen
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,263 posts | 4934 
      Reply #358: Aug 12, 2014 11:39:25 pm
      I'd be alright with Bony being our last signing.

As would I Racer.

Would rather it was done a few weeks back though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #359: Aug 12, 2014 11:39:39 pm
      I still don't see anything that comes close to being a reliable source that says we're in for this guy. Are we running on the basis of the putrid Daily Mirror? Surely we can do better than that (newspaper and playerwise!)
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #360: Aug 12, 2014 11:42:46 pm
      This lad over E'to for me, but in all honesty id have them both. Champions league experience is what we'll get from E'to, then add Danny, Lambert and Bony. Not the worse 4 strikers to have.

Reus won't happen, would be a dream though!

Reus wouldn't meet our needs though, not being a striker.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #361: Aug 13, 2014 12:21:54 am
      Can easily play through the middle mate, has done plenty of time for BVB and Germany. Would rotate with Sturridge if they played togther, drag CB's all over the shop.

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #362: Aug 13, 2014 12:30:22 am
      Can easily play through the middle mate, has done plenty of time for BVB and Germany. Would rotate with Sturridge if they played togther, drag CB's all over the shop.
      Whenever he has been played centrally it has been behind the striker for BVB. Can't comment on where he has played for Germany.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #363: Aug 15, 2014 08:52:13 am
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #364: Aug 15, 2014 11:06:43 am
      Read somewhere (cant find  the link)that bony's wage demands are a problem for any deal to be done if the striker refuse to cut his demands

dont know if true BUT

Oh here  is the link  >>>http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-08-15/transfer-rumours-bonys-wage-demands-to-scupper-liverpool-move-arsenal-want-vargas/

YNWA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #365: Aug 15, 2014 05:25:52 pm
      Read somewhere (cant find  the link)that bony's wage demands are a problem for any deal to be done if the striker refuse to cut his demands

dont know if true BUT

Oh here  is the link  >>>http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-08-15/transfer-rumours-bonys-wage-demands-to-scupper-liverpool-move-arsenal-want-vargas/

YNWA
      If that is true, it is like being a mercenary rather than a player who wants to reach the top. If I were a footballer getting paid 100k by Swansea I'd take 65k from Liverpool since it meant I would be playing at a much better side and playing in the Champions League which should be every footballers goal. Sometimes being a big fish in a small pond pays better wages than being a small fish in a big pond, but staying in a small pond for money should not be any players aspirations.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #366: Aug 15, 2014 05:27:53 pm
      I kind of agree, we have plenty in midfield. Although I would ship out both Allen and Lucas for Reus.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #367: Aug 15, 2014 05:35:32 pm

dont know if true BUT

YNWA

If that's the case then he can't be as desperate for the move as he's previously made out then.
      I kind of agree, we have plenty in midfield. Although I would ship out both Allen and Lucas for Reus.

Why? We want quality strength in depth don't we? One maybe but certainly not two.

Quick Reply