Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Lucas Leiva (Napoli)

Read 21516 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Re: Lucas Leiva (Napoli)
      Reply #92: Aug 11, 2014 08:43:44 am
      For me, Lucas just gives away too many stupid fouls but more importantly he gives them away in the most dangerous positions. He needs to cut that sh*t out but he's been the same for as long as I can remember.

I'm honestly not fussed if he goes to Napoli but those cu*ts should stump up the cash or f**k off!

His body language told the tale yesterday mate.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #93: Aug 11, 2014 08:45:39 am
      His body language told the tale yesterday mate.

Bud, I only noticed his wry smile when he committed the foul he clearly thought wasn't a foul.

Never noticed the rest of the time. You reckon he's off mate and he knows it?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #94: Aug 11, 2014 08:47:12 am
      Sorry have to ask,Can you tell us which LFC player do you like , ?

Sterling
      Sterling
      Sterling
      Coutinho
      Coutinho
      Coutinho
      Ibe
      Sturridge when he has the right attitude
      Stevie
      Skrtel
      the reborn Coates
      Agger
      Flanno
      used to love Glen before he started playing like he can't be arsed

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #95: Aug 11, 2014 08:49:01 am
      Bud, I only noticed his wry smile when he committed the foul he clearly thought wasn't a foul.

Looked like he was not too interested one way or the other mate, definitely picked up on that.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      Reply #96: Aug 11, 2014 08:57:07 am
      Looked like he was not too interested one way or the other mate, definitely picked up on that.

Fair enough mate. I thnk he's off and like I said before I won't be too sad to see that happen.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #97: Aug 11, 2014 09:48:58 am
      One thing he doesn't do is give the ball away :D

Criticise his fouls, fed. But not his ball retention.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #98: Aug 11, 2014 10:04:29 am
      Sterling
      Sterling
      Sterling
      Coutinho
      Coutinho
      Coutinho
      Ibe
      Sturridge when he has the right attitude
      Stevie
      Skrtel
      the reborn Coates
      Agger
      Flanno
      used to love Glen before he started playing like he can't be arsed

so we can play with 
                      sterling
      coates    skrtle   agger    flanno

sterling coutinho stevie coutinho

ibe  sturridge

subs  =sterling, coutinho johnson

YNWA
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #99: Aug 11, 2014 11:03:13 am
      You are becoming very boring fed.

Becoming?  ;D

As for the always giving the ball away, just another of the, now highly expected yet seldom wanted, Fed inaccuracies, considering only Sakho and Ibe had a better pass percentage last season.

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #100: Aug 11, 2014 11:33:57 am
      I really like Lucas - great personality.
      When I started this post like that you were probably expecting something along the lines "but hasn't got legs anymore" - well, I'm not going to say that. Personally I'd be quite happy if we kept him. He brings something different to the midfield and can do a job. He is not a starter perhaps anymore, but personifies quality in depth.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #101: Aug 11, 2014 11:35:21 am

We see that smile quite a lot  ;D
      A lot of his "fouls" are tactical and have their value.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #102: Aug 11, 2014 11:46:03 am
      I really like Lucas - great personality.
      When I started this post like that you were probably expecting something along the lines "but hasn't got legs anymore" - well, I'm not going to say that. Personally I'd be quite happy if we kept him. He brings something different to the midfield and can do a job. He is not a starter perhaps anymore, but personifies quality in depth.

He's a good starter, but a great squad player.  Someone in another thread asked which central defender you'd bring on for the last 20 minutes of a game we needed to close out.  The answer for me isn't a defender, but one Lucas Leiva.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      Reply #103: Aug 11, 2014 11:52:22 am
      We see that smile quite a lot  ;D
      A lot of his "fouls" are tactical and have their value.

Tactical maybe, valuable, not so sure when he seems to commit most of them around the box resulting in sh*t your pants set pieces.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #104: Aug 11, 2014 11:54:59 am
      Tactical maybe, valuable, not so sure when he seems to commit most of them around the box resulting in sh*t your pants set pieces.

I don't remember the pant shitting when, the just as prolific, Mascherano was giving fouls away in similar areas.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #105: Aug 11, 2014 12:02:39 pm
      I don't remember the pant shitting when, the just as prolific, Mascherano was giving fouls away in similar areas.

He was actually lauded for it Rodders.

Everyone loved it.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #106: Aug 11, 2014 12:06:52 pm
      He's a good starter, but a great squad player.  Someone in another thread asked which central defender you'd bring on for the last 20 minutes of a game we needed to close out.  The answer for me isn't a defender, but one Lucas Leiva.

Agreed. There really isn't much point in getting rid (particularly at the prices quoted), when we need depth and subs who can change a game.

I'd be interested to know how many goals we conceded from free kicks last season - I know we conceded a fair few from corners - but I can't remember many from free kicks. Could just be a senior moment from me though.
      With that in mind - often a free kick is a worse opportunity than the attack that Lucas had just cut short by a strategic foul.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      Reply #107: Aug 11, 2014 12:10:53 pm

Don't ya? I do. My heart skips a beat any time we have to defend set peices. There's no need for fouls most of the time. Further up the pitch I have no problems with, if in fact it is tactical.

Hopefully with Lovren marshalling the backline now, crapping it everytime we defend a set piece will become a thing of the past.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #108: Aug 11, 2014 12:17:41 pm
      Don't ya? I do. My heart skips a beat any time we have to defend set peices. There's no need for fouls most of the time. Further up the pitch I have no problems with, if in fact it is tactical.

Hopefully with Lovren marshalling the backline now, crapping it everytime we defend a set piece will become a thing of the past.

I didn't, but then again our record defending set pieces during Mascherano's time was very good, including a league season we conceded zilch from them.  You'd have to have been a very nervous type to be undergarment soiling back then.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      Reply #109: Aug 11, 2014 12:29:57 pm
      I didn't, but then again our record defending set pieces during Mascherano's time was very good, including a league season we conceded zilch from them.  You'd have to have been a very nervous type to be undergarment soiling back then.

Like I said rodders, I'm nervous anytime we have to defend a set piece. After watching Lovren and co handle just about everything yesterday, hopefully the nerves will relax a bit.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #110: Aug 15, 2014 11:16:55 pm
      Liverpool midfielder agrees to join Napoli

Liverpool Lucas LeivaLucas Leiva has apparently told Rafa Benitez he is ready to leave Liverpool to join Napoli before the start of the upcoming season.

The Brazilian, who has previously played under Benitez at Anfield, has been linked with the Reds ever since the Spaniard took charge at the Stadio San Paolo and is seen as an alternative to Manchester United’s Marouane Fellaini.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the 27-year-old has told his former boss that he is willing to move to Napoli should an offer be made.

However, the Partenopei are waiting to see if they can prise Fellaini from Liverpool’s rivals United, before any assault on Lucas.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/08/liverpool-midfielder-agrees-to-join-napoli/
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #111: Aug 15, 2014 11:18:37 pm
      I think it's almost certain Lucas will be off before the window closes.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #112: Aug 15, 2014 11:19:09 pm
      Permanent deal please - no loan!
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #113: Aug 15, 2014 11:19:16 pm
      Liverpool midfielder agrees to join Napoli

Liverpool Lucas LeivaLucas Leiva has apparently told Rafa Benitez he is ready to leave Liverpool to join Napoli before the start of the upcoming season.

The Brazilian, who has previously played under Benitez at Anfield, has been linked with the Reds ever since the Spaniard took charge at the Stadio San Paolo and is seen as an alternative to Manchester United’s Marouane Fellaini.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the 27-year-old has told his former boss that he is willing to move to Napoli should an offer be made.

However, the Partenopei are waiting to see if they can prise Fellaini from Liverpool’s rivals United, before any assault on Lucas.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/08/liverpool-midfielder-agrees-to-join-napoli/
      Thanks S@int I knew I read that somewhere earlier today.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #114: Aug 15, 2014 11:20:21 pm
      Smells like one of those stories to flush out their main target, Fellaini. 

Quick Reply