Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid)

Read 6219 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid)
      Jul 13, 2014 07:37:43 pm
      First time I've done this so go easy one me :P

Man Utd and Liverpool target Di Maria to leave Real Madrid so James Rodriguez can sign
      REAL MADRID are prepared to allow Angel Di Maria to leave the Bernabeu to pave the way for the signing of James Rodriguez.

The Colombia star is Florentino Perez's no.1 target this summer, but is also wanted by Manchester United and Liverpool. Rodriguez though has declared he would like to join Madrid and Perez has opened negotiations with his current club Monaco.

Reports in Spain suggest Monaco's Russian owner Dmitry Rybolovlev has asked for around £90m for but would consider a cash-plus-player offer with Portuguese centre-back Pepe his favourite for such a deal.

The French club have accepted that it will be impossible to hold on to Rodriquez, who currently tops the scoring charts in Brazil with six goals, although Thomas Muller and Lionel Messi have five and four respectively with tonight's final still to play, after he was quoted in Marca saying it would be a dream to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale.

Di Maria, who may recover from injury in time to take part in tonight's World Cup final, is being looked at by Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal in the Premier League and PSG in Ligue 1.

The Argentina winger would cost around £40m after starring in the Champions League final - in which Madrid clinched their tenth European crown - and for Argentina in the World Cup.

Although Madrid do not necessarily have to sell the winger to balance the books, his departure would free up squad space for Rodriguez's arrival.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/388758/Man-Utd-and-Liverpool-target-Di-Maria-to-leave-Real-Madrid-so-James-Rodriguez-can-sign
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2014 12:46:52 am by Reslivo »
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Angel Di Maria
      Reply #1: Jul 13, 2014 07:39:31 pm
      We'll need to mind the rest of the cash for next season so we can buy the Burnley team .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Jul 13, 2014 07:45:56 pm
      Thought he was going to PSG?

If he is would Lucas Moura become available??
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3: Jul 13, 2014 07:46:42 pm
      Thought he was going to PSG?

If he is would Lucas Moura become available??

Moura is way too much of a gamble at the price PSG would command for him. Very inconsistent player.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Jul 13, 2014 07:50:12 pm
      Moura is way too much of a gamble at the price PSG would command for him. Very inconsistent player.

Would they want a lot if he's a gamble and inconsistent?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #5: Jul 13, 2014 07:59:21 pm

Because he's only 21, still had massive potential, and PSG paid £40 million for him so don't think they would let him go for much less. At £20 mill he's worth a gamble but at £40 mill it's a risk.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #6: Jul 13, 2014 08:04:05 pm

Suppose he's only worth (to us) what we'd be willing to pay, Debs. Don't know if you don't try. We could lowball them, offer £18-20m, let them decide whether or not to cut their losses...
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Jul 13, 2014 08:16:09 pm
      Because he's only 21, still had massive potential, and PSG paid £40 million for him so don't think they would let him go for much less. At £20 mill he's worth a gamble but at £40 mill it's a risk.

Suppose he's only worth (to us) what we'd be willing to pay, Debs. Don't know if you don't try. We could lowball them, offer £18-20m, let them decide whether or not to cut their losses...

Thanks guys.  If they paid that much for a 19 year old I'm guessing we won't be out bidding them for Di Maria then  :D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #8: Jul 13, 2014 11:12:34 pm

Don't you have to "enquire" first and if they're willing, they give an indication of how much? Anyway, doubt they'd accept 50% of what they paid for a player.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #9: Jul 13, 2014 11:19:45 pm
      Don't you have to "enquire" first and if they're willing, they give an indication of how much? Anyway, doubt they'd accept 50% of what they paid for a player.

Was just throwing a hypothetical out there, mate. Nothing more, nothing less :)

But yeah, I'd imagine that's how it'd work in terms of the 'inquiry' stage. As for the fee, I guess it all depends on what they're willing to accept.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #10: Jul 13, 2014 11:48:07 pm
      Not interested. Hardly Mr. Consistent and his goal scoring record is nothing to write home about either. If we're going to spend that kind of sum, then at least be a bit more ambitious and go for someone like Reus. Time we started dipping into the German market a bit more now that they're officially the powerhouse in football! 
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #11: Jul 14, 2014 12:08:36 am
      Was just throwing a hypothetical out there, mate. Nothing more, nothing less :)

But yeah, I'd imagine that's how it'd work in terms of the 'inquiry' stage. As for the fee, I guess it all depends on what they're willing to accept.

I wasn't being funny, it was a genuine question, mate :)

As for the fee, I would imagine you're right but the point was I doubt they'd be willing to accept half the money they paid for him, unless he's their Aspas and they're desperate to get him off their books :P
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #12: Jul 14, 2014 12:15:32 am
      I wasn't being funny, it was a genuine question, mate :)

As for the fee, I would imagine you're right but the point was I doubt they'd be willing to accept half the money they paid for him, unless he's their Aspas and they're desperate to get him off their books :P

We can hope! :D If he's been as inconsistent as people say he is then he may be worth a shout and hoping BR can work his magic! I expect PSG wouldn't bat their eyelids, they're an endless pot of money and seem to be giving FFP a big middle finger, they'd buy someone else
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #13: Jul 14, 2014 12:28:58 am
      The most overrated winger in world football today.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #14: Jul 14, 2014 12:38:54 am
      Angel Di Maria's £50m move to PSG clears the way for star James Rodriguez to join Real Madrid

Angel Di Maria is on his way to Paris Saint Germain in a £50m move - clearing the way for James Rodriguez to join Real Madrid.

Argentinian World Cup star Di Maria is being sold after a contract dispute with the Spanish giants and PSG's huge financial clout means they will meet the fee and pay him around £200,000-a-week.

That now frees up Real Madrid to go for Monaco's Colombian World Cup star Rodriguez who established himself as one of the best players in the world in Brazil.

Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti did not want to sell Di Maria but president Florentino Perez insisted they moved him on after he refused to sign a new deal.

Di Maria was hawked around Europe and his advisers believe Manchester United will go for Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal rather than express an interest in Di Maria who also wanted Champions League football.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/angel-di-marias-50m-move-3851234

On his way to PSG according to the Mirror...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #15: Jul 14, 2014 12:40:31 am
      The most overrated winger in world football today.

I don't think he's a very good wide forward player, however, play him in the midfield 3 and he is truly magically!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid)
      Reply #16: Jul 14, 2014 12:47:53 am
      People, please.

It's not hard to grasp the transfer board title format:
      Player Name (Current Club)

Please follow it. I find myself editing every single thread these days.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #17: Jul 14, 2014 01:04:57 am
      Good riddance.

PSG can have him.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #18: Jul 14, 2014 01:22:18 am
      On his way to PSG according to the Mirror...

Well that's a little less galling than loosing someone to Arsenal I suppose.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #19: Jul 14, 2014 01:24:14 am
      Some of the prices being floated in the market these days are unreal, PSG and Monaco have really skewed the market. I like Di Maria but £50M? How on earth can PSG justify that abs square it off against their FFP commitments?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #20: Jul 14, 2014 01:28:45 am
      Some of the prices being floated in the market these days are unreal, PSG and Monaco have really skewed the market. I like Di Maria but £50M? How on earth can PSG justify that abs square it off against their FFP commitments?

FFP works over a four year period I believe, so if they do well in their domestic league and the Champion's league they should be able to raise £50 mill over four years. If not, well there's always dodgy naming rights for their stadium.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #21: Jul 14, 2014 01:34:09 am
      FFP works over a four year period I believe, so if they do well in their domestic league and the Champion's league they should be able to raise £50 mill over four years. If not, well there's always dodgy naming rights for their stadium.

I can't be bothered getting to grips with FFPs complexities but PSG and Citeh have already been fined for non-conpliance I'm sure seems with this and the Luiz deal they couldn't give a F**k
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #22: Jul 14, 2014 01:38:36 am

Mostly oil money. Been ruining football for years. People with no history of actual football and many with little to no understanding of the game itself are coming in and taking over in a sense. And FIFA haven't contested too much to it, a lot of money flowing under the table to them as well I'd imagine.

Think of the World Cup in Qatar, how the f*ck did that happen? Not only the fact that there's literally no history or even present of football there, but the players are going to be performing in 120 degree conditions. It's absurd.

Anyways, back on topic, the market inflation that's happening is insane. David Luiz went for almost as much as Suarez did - about double (if not more) what Luiz would actually be worth in a regular market 3-4 years ago even. Imagine that?

The teams that can't keep up with that spending (us included) are going to be weeded out very quickly in this market.

Quick Reply