Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Marco Reus (Dortmund)

Read 62663 times
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Re: Marco Reus (Dortmund)
      Reply #690: Aug 16, 2014 03:59:30 pm
      Back to the matter at hand, Reus will stay at Dortmund for at least another year...
      January more likely if he doesn't sign a new contract.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #691: Aug 16, 2014 04:22:16 pm
      Yep have to agree with that actually, couldn't quite get the words to describe what I was thinking last night (long day) but you've summed them up well.

Still doesn't deter from my point about the ignorance of a few people to the attractiveness of a club that doesn't have a Liverbird on it's crest.

I agree. Atletico have earnt the right to have players like Reus consider moving to them. La Liga champions and CL finalists says it all. Agree also that the notion of divinity that surrounds all of LFC is not great for rational thought.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #692: Aug 16, 2014 04:23:46 pm
      I agree. Atletico have earnt the right to have players like Reus consider moving to them. La Liga champions and CL finalists says it all. Agree also that the notion of divinity that surrounds all of LFC is not great for rational thought.
      When has rational thought ever pervaded this forum ;D
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #693: Aug 19, 2014 05:53:08 pm
      Looks like he's still holding out for a move to Barca then!

Atletico Madrid have also been linked with the German's signature, but the Spanish club's president Enrique Cerezo says the 25-year-old is unlikely to move.

"Marco Reus is a player who is impossible to us," Cerezo said. "He had an offer for a lot of money from Manchester United and he has not gone."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/501171/REVEALED-Marco-Reus-REJECTS-25m-Man-Utd-move
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #694: Aug 19, 2014 06:02:34 pm

Atletico Madrid have also been linked with the German's signature, but the Spanish club's president Enrique Cerezo says the 25-year-old is unlikely to move.

"Marco Reus is a player who is impossible to us," Cerezo said. "He had an offer for a lot of money from Manchester United and he has not gone."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/501171/REVEALED-Marco-Reus-REJECTS-25m-Man-Utd-move

That was before Suarez went to Barca at which point it was reported everywhere that Reus was seriously pissed off with Barca.

We then became favourites for his signature, especially after the Sanchez deal went South. He was the perfect candidate for us at the time and really still is a viable option. The problem is that we've left ourselves a mess with the striker situation as we'd put all our eggs in the Sanchez basket and the arse fell out of it. When that die we tried to catch them with the Remy deal and broke them all, now we're staring at broken eggs and wondering what's best used to clear up this mess.

Personally I'd go for Reus, long term he's going to be the best player out there and would improve us massively no matter who he's replacing. Markovic could be the guy to miss out for now and it might seem strange to have him on the bench after paying £25m for him but hey, we need strong cover everywhere. Spending such an amount of Reus would then mean we'd not have much to pay elsewhere, so I'd keep hold of Borini and take Eto'o until next summer.

Seems like we're not inclined to move on that and instead are looking to go for either Eto'o or Falcao only. Wouldn't be happy with the first, but would be delighted with the 2nd so we'll see how it pans out I guess.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #695: Aug 19, 2014 06:26:51 pm

Or perhaps he wants Champions League Football which they can't offer, and as Luke said, that's old news regurgitated up again in the absence of anything else to report on the matter.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #696: Aug 19, 2014 06:36:00 pm
      Or perhaps he wants Champions League Football which they can't offer  :roll:

.....and with no realistic prospect of qualifying.

Aziz1981
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #697: Aug 20, 2014 11:37:40 am
      Let's say that we are in the running for Reus. 

Who else is left in the fray?

Spain - Barcelona and Real Madrid don't appear to be interested.  A Madrid chairman quoted as saying they basically can't afford him.

England - again according to A Madrid Chairman Man U made an offer for him but he didn't want to go.  Arsenal and Chelsea don't appear to be interested.  Man City have Negredo out out for a while but they still have Jovetic, Aguero and Dzeko so unless one of them moves on it's highly unlikely they will bring another foreign player in.

Italy - Only Juventus seem to have the pulling power and financial muscle to get him.

Germany - Bayern don't appear to be interested and he has said in the past he won't go there.

France - PSG - possibly with Ibrahimovic injured.  Monaco appear to be a sinking ship.

bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #698: Aug 20, 2014 01:11:13 pm
      Let's say that we are in the running for Reus. 

Who else is left in the fray?

Spain - Barcelona and Real Madrid don't appear to be interested.  A Madrid chairman quoted as saying they basically can't afford him.

England - again according to A Madrid Chairman Man U made an offer for him but he didn't want to go.  Arsenal and Chelsea don't appear to be interested.  Man City have Negredo out out for a while but they still have Jovetic, Aguero and Dzeko so unless one of them moves on it's highly unlikely they will bring another foreign player in.

Italy - Only Juventus seem to have the pulling power and financial muscle to get him.

Germany - Bayern don't appear to be interested and he has said in the past he won't go there.

France - PSG - possibly with Ibrahimovic injured.  Monaco appear to be a sinking ship.

Real can't buy him - they're focusing on Falcao after Di Maria goes (FFP)
      Barca can't buy anyone till 2016
      A Madrid as you said can't afford him

He won't go to United as he's apparently already turned them down
      Chelsea are 'closed for transfers'
      Arsenal wouldn't be able to fit him in
      City wouldn't be able to fit him in
      Liverpool still room for a superstar player to replace suarez...

Heard Juve don't actually have too much money and most deals would be dependant on Vidal/Pogba being sold

Can't see Reus wanting to go to PSG, I'd rather stay at Dortmund, money or not!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #699: Aug 20, 2014 02:47:05 pm
      This year's David Villa thread :)
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #700: Aug 20, 2014 03:01:50 pm

That one's never got a good ending.  :'(
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #701: Aug 20, 2014 03:15:48 pm
      As much as I'd like him here, I don't think this one has any legs unfortunately. I personally don't believe he wants to come here, if he did, this one would have been done and sorted, a no brainer.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #702: Aug 20, 2014 03:49:56 pm
      As much as I'd like him here, I don't think this one has any legs unfortunately. I personally don't believe he wants to come here, if he did, this one would have been done and sorted, a no brainer.

Firstly congrats on the 200 Karma FL, well deserved!

On your point though I have a feeling with us going for Sanchez, who in my mind is not as good a player but is a better fit for us (can play striker too) we didn't even approach for Reus, hence the quotes coming out from us straight batting them right back.

We thought we had Sanchez in the bag and signed Markovic as the cover, hence the quotes from Phil Thompson.

Once that fell through we haven't recovered because we've spent £25m on Markovic, we can't exactly go and spend another £30m on a lad that's gonna keep him out of the side and not solve the striking issues. The time we might have gone for Reus, imo, is before we got Markovic. Then we could have gone for Reus and used that £25m as an option for the striker position.

Now we're left with the strange situation of Reus seemingly being available but him not being a great fit for us. Afraid that's down to poor planning and assumptions. The more the window has gone on the more it seems we were massively over confident in our pursuit of Sanchez.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #703: Aug 26, 2014 02:14:53 am
      Liverpool Transfer News: Reds land Balotelli, Reus green light, second Serbian to Anfield

Marco Reus

The Reds have received a huge boost in their pursuit of Borussia Dortmund winger Marco Reus.

The 25-year-old has been linked with a move away from the Westfalenstadion numerous times with summer, with reports suggesting that Liverpool are interested in signing Germany international.

Dortmund have insisted on numerous occasions that their prized asset would not be leaving this summer, but in a recent interview club CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke refused to rule out selling the talented winger.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/395686/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Reds-land-Balotelli-Reus-green-light-second-Serbian-to-Anfield

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #704: Aug 26, 2014 08:09:50 am
      Marco Reus

The Reds have received a huge boost in their pursuit of Borussia Dortmund winger Marco Reus.

The 25-year-old has been linked with a move away from the Westfalenstadion numerous times with summer, with reports suggesting that Liverpool are interested in signing Germany international.

Dortmund have insisted on numerous occasions that their prized asset would not be leaving this summer, but in a recent interview club CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke refused to rule out selling the talented winger.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/395686/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Reds-land-Balotelli-Reus-green-light-second-Serbian-to-Anfield

that's ridiculous. that's like me saying I've got a top chance marrying Wayne Rooney because his agent said he might get divorced soon.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #705: Aug 26, 2014 09:34:01 am
      that's ridiculous. that's like me saying I've got a top chance marrying Wayne Rooney because his agent said he might get divorced soon.
      Have you asked Wayne to marry you Del? No? Well then; how do you know he's not up for it?  ;D
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #706: Aug 26, 2014 12:44:36 pm
      Have you asked Wayne to marry you Del? No? Well then; how do you know he's not up for it?  ;D

Wayne said he was married and said he'd never move in with the gorgeous broad next door. But I guess Wayne never spoke about moving to another country.  :laugh: :P :P
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #707: Aug 26, 2014 01:00:09 pm
      Wayne said he was married and said he'd never move in with the gorgeous broad next door. But I guess Wayne never spoke about moving to another country.  :laugh: :P :P
      Maybe he'd be more willing if you flashed your big wab wad at him?  ;D

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #708: Aug 26, 2014 06:44:03 pm
      Rumours that Real have agreed a 5-yr deal for Reus worth 6mil euro per year. Not sure on the transfer fee

That's a fantastic replacement for Di Maria
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #709: Aug 26, 2014 07:31:41 pm
      I hate Real Madrid. Hate them
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #710: Aug 26, 2014 08:19:08 pm
      Rumours that Real have agreed a 5-yr deal for Reus worth 6mil euro per year. Not sure on the transfer fee

That's a fantastic replacement for Di Maria

Do they really need him?
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #711: Aug 26, 2014 09:34:22 pm
      They don't need him and that's why I hate Real Madrid. They just keep buying players and don't consider if they really need them. That explains why it took so long for them to win UCL again, even though they have a massive budget to build a team. They just keep buying and don't care if the team is gonna work. That's why they just lost a player that was the MOM in the UCL Final last season.

Hate them.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #712: Aug 26, 2014 10:11:19 pm

Lets see. In a 4-3-3, right now they have Kroos, Khedira, Alonso, Modric, Isco & Illara for the mid-3 and Bale, CR, Benzema, James, Jese and they could do with one more world class signing. May be thats Reus!

Bale/James - Benzema/Jese - Ronaldo/Reus

Kroos/Isco - Xabi/Illara - Modric/Khedira

Marcelo/Coentrao - Varane/Pepe - Ramos/Nacho - Carvajal/Arbeloa

Casillas/Navas

Aint that insane??  :f_doh:

Quick Reply