Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Iago Aspas (Sevilla)

Read 2590 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Iago Aspas (Sevilla)
      Jul 14, 2014 09:09:47 pm
      Poor Lad! Not even a thread under his name.

Anyway, can anyone get the translation for this??

http://www.sevillafc.es/nuevaweb/actualidad/noticias/33975
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Re: Iago Aspas (Sevilla)
      Reply #1: Jul 14, 2014 09:14:04 pm
      Basically says its a 1 year loan with an option to purchase on a 3 year deal at the end of the loan with an option for a 4th year. All pending a successful medical.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,370 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Jul 14, 2014 09:16:57 pm
      Surely well be discussing Moreno while were over there!!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #3: Jul 14, 2014 09:21:49 pm
      Surely well be discussing Moreno while were over there!!

Definitely. Would make us look stupid if Ayre flies out just to talk about a loan deal for Aspas
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,370 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Jul 14, 2014 09:22:40 pm
      Definitely. Would make us look stupid if Ayre flies out just to talk about a loan deal for Aspas

Is ayre over there? If he is then unless Seville act the fools well be signing Moreno
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #5: Jul 14, 2014 10:20:15 pm
      Feel sorry for the lad. Never got a proper chance IMO. Is likely he wasn't good enough really with Luis and Studge doing so well, but he didn't bring himself to Anfield...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Jul 14, 2014 10:40:03 pm

F**k.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Jul 14, 2014 10:59:06 pm
      Shame it's only a loan, means if he does crap for them and they decide against signing him we are back to trying to get rid again in a years time.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #8: Jul 14, 2014 11:12:36 pm
      Shame it's only a loan, means if he does crap for them and they decide against signing him we are back to trying to get rid again in a years time.

Probably means that the £4 or £5million (and people say I am a pessimist!) that we could get for him this season will become f.all for him next season and we'll finish up paying part of his wages for someone to take him off our hands.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: Jul 14, 2014 11:23:49 pm
      Probably means that the £4 or £5million (and people say I am a pessimist!) that we could get for him this season will become f.all for him next season and we'll finish up paying part of his wages for someone to take him off our hands.

Probably paying a chunk of his wages whilst he's out on loan too.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #10: Jul 15, 2014 07:20:58 am
      Just happy he's out of the place & not taking our number 9 shirt any longer.
      Good luck Iago hope it goes well.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Jul 15, 2014 10:50:45 am
      I wish him all the best on loan at Sevilla. Hope he finds his form again. Last time he played in La Liga he managed 12 goals and 7 assists.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Jul 15, 2014 10:51:33 am
      Just happy he's out of the place & not taking our number 9 shirt any longer.
      Good luck Iago hope it goes well.

Do you reckon Sturridge will take the number 9 or do you think he will stay with 15? I remember there being talk last time of Sturridge taking it before Aspas joined.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: Jul 15, 2014 11:16:33 am
      Do you reckon Sturridge will take the number 9 or do you think he will stay with 15? I remember there being talk last time of Sturridge taking it before Aspas joined.

I don't think he will mate.  No.15 is Daniels number, always has been so I doubt he'll change it now.

Good luck Iago, shame it didn't work out for you but you have the chance to get your career back on track with Sevilla and I hope it all goes well for you.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #14: Jul 15, 2014 02:34:48 pm
      Like I said before, never really got the obsessive hate for Aspas. He only played like 15 games for us, scored once and assisted the winner vs Stoke, only cost us £7m. He was never going to come in and displace Suarez and Sturridge. It simply didn't work out. No big deal. Sevilla will be a great move for him.

My only regret is that we never got the chance to use more Othello references in his time with us.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15: Jul 15, 2014 02:56:42 pm
      http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/liverpool-agree-iago-aspas-loan-sevilla-1456700

Sevilla have confirmed. We might do it soon, may be along with Markovic

"Today Sevilla FC and Liverpool FC have reached an agreement in principle for Iago Aspas. The player will arrive on loan for the 14/15 season with an option to buy. At the end of the season Sevilla FC may exercise a clause to purchase the Galician striker for three years with an option for a fourth. The President of Sevilla FC Jose Castro and Ian Ayre, the chief executive of Liverpool have finalised this agreement, which is subject to the Galician footballer passing a medical and the signing of contracts which have been drafted by both clubs"

Earlier this weeks reports in Spain confirmed the striker had agreed personal terms to move to Sevilla accepting a reduction to his £1.2m salary. Asked during a recent interview with IBTimes UK whether he would settle for another season on the bench, Aspas suggested he was likely to move away this summer by replying "Not really, everything depends on what the club wants at the end of the season. Now we are just focused on the Premier League and we cannot be thinking about individual aspects"
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #16: Jul 15, 2014 03:03:51 pm
      Best of luck to the lad, I'm not sure it was going to work out for him here. I have always said I can never complain about a player who gives his all in a Liverpool shirt. I could never fault him for effort, I hope he gets on well at Sevilla.

Number 9 shirt for Lambert... or possibly someone else?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #17: Jul 15, 2014 03:11:29 pm
      Best of luck to the lad, I'm not sure it was going to work out for him here. I have always said I can never complain about a player who gives his all in a Liverpool shirt. I could never fault him for effort, I hope he gets on well at Sevilla.

Number 9 shirt for Lambert... or possibly someone else?

Lambert #9 and Reus #7  :P
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Jul 15, 2014 03:13:22 pm
      Best of luck.
      Aziz1981
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #19: Jul 15, 2014 03:29:07 pm
      LFC have been screwed over by clubs (mainly Italian) regarding options to buy - Aquillani - Juve had an option to buy for £13mln, then Milan had an option to buy if he played a certain number of games (so they made sure he didn't) and in the end he went to Fiorentina basically on a free.

If LFC wanted £6mln for Aspas why not settle for £4mln on the basis that it's money in the bank now and you don't have to deal with a potential headache next season.  Also it's his wages off the books.

Don't know whether it was even discussed but surely if are interested in Moreno we should have offered a figure + Aspas, that would have got a new left back, reduced the cash we have to pay now and get rid of Aspas.  Althought who is to say we didnt try that.

I would be really surprised if Ayre is in Seville discussing a loan move for a fringe player rather than a move for Moreno.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #20: Jul 15, 2014 04:26:03 pm
      LFC have been screwed over by clubs (mainly Italian) regarding options to buy - Aquillani - Juve had an option to buy for £13mln, then Milan had an option to buy if he played a certain number of games (so they made sure he didn't) and in the end he went to Fiorentina basically on a free.

If LFC wanted £6mln for Aspas why not settle for £4mln on the basis that it's money in the bank now and you don't have to deal with a potential headache next season.  Also it's his wages off the books.

Don't know whether it was even discussed but surely if are interested in Moreno we should have offered a figure + Aspas, that would have got a new left back, reduced the cash we have to pay now and get rid of Aspas.  Althought who is to say we didnt try that.

I would be really surprised if Ayre is in Seville discussing a loan move for a fringe player rather than a move for Moreno.

Would that really actually surprise you?
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #21: Jul 15, 2014 04:29:19 pm

According to SSN, that's precisely the case mate. :(
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #22: Jul 15, 2014 05:47:36 pm

I'm more surprised he found his way further than Southampton. Perhaps he took a wrong turn?

Quick Reply