Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Open 2014 (Hoylake, Wirral)

Read 11507 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: The Open 2014 (Hoylake, Wirral)
      Reply #23: Jul 20, 2014 10:14:17 pm
      Went today and it was heaving. We sat on the 17th for the most part which was okay but I much preferred Thursday.

Luke Donald gave my lad and my mate's lad a glove each after he tee'd off on the 16th which was a lovely touch.

It's been great having The Open here on The Wirral but I'm all golfed out now. Just hope something good happens for Singo after all of this.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #24: Jul 20, 2014 10:15:38 pm
      Went today and it was heaving. We sat on the 17th for the most part which was okay but I much preferred Thursday.

Luke Donald gave my lad and my mate's lad a glove each after he tee'd off on the 16th which was a lovely touch.

It's been great having The Open here on The Wirral but I'm all golfed out now. Just hope something good happens for Singo after all of this.

Did he get anything...prize money or sponsorship offers from playing?

Other than a few holes on Thursday he played really well. I mean he finished just as good as Bubba Watson among other established pros.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25: Jul 20, 2014 10:28:22 pm
      He's had a few quid I believe but nothing major. Think the minimum he could earn from this tournament alone was £2500. Not too sure about sponsorships etc just yet but I suppose things may happen, if they're going to happen, now it's all about to die down around here.

I was quoted in Friday's Echo talking about him and got on 5 Live on Thursday with Clare Balding who was following us around and chatting.

Been mad.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: Jul 21, 2014 03:26:28 pm
      I spent sometime on Friday at Hoylake but watching it on the Television is so much better. Yes you miss the atmosphere but you get to see every put and every tee shot that matters. I went with a club member so it was free and the area was hardly recognisable the R&A do a fantastic job and the course itself was perfect. Just want everyone gone so I can go back to Marigolds for my fish and chips again.

Quick Reply