Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163654 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #736: Jul 12, 2015 01:20:02 pm
      Boom or bust this year.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #737: Jul 12, 2015 01:25:46 pm

I predict boom!

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #738: Jul 12, 2015 01:32:03 pm
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #739: Jul 12, 2015 02:21:34 pm

Now we have a right back, he's got half a chance! Still prefer the look of Ibe, but Lazar has got that McMannaman swagger when he has the ball at his feet!

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #740: Jul 12, 2015 04:01:32 pm
      Now we have a right back, he's got half a chance! Still prefer the look of Ibe, but Lazar has got that McMannaman swagger when he has the ball at his feet!

Totally agree.
      Used to love Macca's gliding runs from the halfway line, starting deep and drifting in. The goal against Celtic back in the day was a perfect example of this. Loved Macca.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #741: Jul 12, 2015 05:56:08 pm
      I'm firmly of the opinion there's lots more to come from Markovic. I think in his second season, with the pressure of being a new signing gone, having adjusted more to English football and now maybe being able to play in a position more suited to him, we'll see his undoubted natural ability shine through. He's got good pace, good technique and playing at wing back has probably helped him see what he needs to improve in terms of his defensive game.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #742: Jul 15, 2015 07:22:59 pm
      I'm a big fan of Markovic and do think he will improve from last season, but he's going to have to fight for his place this year even moreso than last. It looks like we're going back to four at the back which is fine for Markovic as he won't be RWB anymore, but that means the competition for places in attacking positions intensifies. Henderson, Milner, Can, Allen and Lucas are all battling for central positions and depending on whether we play one or two up top that means we have any of Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Markovic and Ibe competing for possibly two places, and Milners versatility could see him take one of those.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Markovic start the season as a sub and cup player, but it's up to him to prove he's better than that. I think he can and will so hopefully there will be a nice selection headache to come.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #743: Jul 15, 2015 07:29:00 pm
      The only real problem I've seen with this lad is that he doesn't appear to like contact very much.
      I've seen him flinch, shy away from tackles and pull out of a couple of 50-50's.

It might just be a case of him being unused to the speed of the prem, but if he can't take the physical challenge of this league, he'll never make it here.
      I hope he adapts, because he really could be a top player.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #744: Jul 15, 2015 07:34:35 pm
      The only real problem I've seen with this lad is that he doesn't appear to like contact very much.
      I've seen him flinch, shy away from tackles and pull out of a couple of 50-50's.

It might just be a case of him being unused to the speed of the prem, but if he can't take the physical challenge of this league, he'll never make it here.
      I hope he adapts, because he really could be a top player.

I think it was just the adjustment mate, I actually think the lad has a bit of a temper to him (not a reference to that poxy red against Basel!) and when channeled properly he used it well at RWB. Hopefully he takes that learning curve and brings a bit more aggression to his attacking play on and off the ball.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #745: Jul 15, 2015 07:37:49 pm
      I think it was just the adjustment mate, I actually think the lad has a bit of a temper to him (not a reference to that poxy red against Basel!) and when channeled properly he used it well at RWB. Hopefully he takes that learning curve and brings a bit more aggression to his attacking play on and off the ball.

I really hope so.
      I can see his aggression when he has the ball, and when he is tracking back he does most things right.
      He's actually looked a bit scared at times to me. or maybe he's just got a funny face ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #746: Jul 15, 2015 11:15:25 pm
      Looks to have put on a bit of muscle to me
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #747: Jul 16, 2015 12:34:13 am
      Still a bit miffed we didn't see the best of him last season - not his fault at all at being played in a wrong position, and at a young age in a completely different football league, it really is throwing a player right in the deep end straight away.

But, we have seen glimpses of what he's capable of. His performance against Sunderland was noteworthy, and before he received that unjust red card against Basle, his introduction after half time changed the game and we were dominant against them before that sending off. In particular, his performance was encouraging in that he was pressing really well and getting involved, while taking the ball inside and attacking.

Play him in his right position this year, give him a good run and he can really make inroads at Liverpool.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #748: Jul 16, 2015 12:41:54 am
      Still a bit miffed we didn't see the best of him last season - not his fault at all at being played in a wrong position, and at a young age in a completely different football league, it really is throwing a player right in the deep end straight away.

It's not throwing him into the deep end. It was poor management, nothing more and nothing less.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #749: Jul 16, 2015 01:40:02 pm
      Looks to have put on a bit of muscle to me

Haven't really seen him for a while.
      Good news as long as he doesn't lose any speed.

I'm really hoping this lad adapts to the prem.
      I think he can become a very good player for us.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #750: Jul 16, 2015 10:14:09 pm
      Now with Traitoro going,it´s Lazar´s time to step up.This kid has everything going for him in terms of ability.Could be a perfect replacement for that c**t.A fast,sharp,Bellamy type winger.Just needs to adapt to the physicality and be more bold.As long as we give him a run of games,confidence,and of course play him where he belongs,I´m sure we´ll see great things  ;D.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #751: Jul 16, 2015 11:34:23 pm
      Haven't really seen him for a while.
      Good news as long as he doesn't lose any speed.

I'm really hoping this lad adapts to the prem.
      I think he can become a very good player for us.

So do I mate, he came in with such hype which I think slowed him down just in terms of the weight on his shoulders. He also looks a little awkward around some of the lads still in some of the videos I've seen, like he tries to to do something funny but messes up and ends up looking like a tube... So maybe he's not fully settled in yet which I can only imagine plays a huge role with confidence alone. Flashes of brilliance now and again keep me thinking he'll come good. Here's hoping.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #752: Jul 17, 2015 04:38:45 am
      this kid wasn't brought in to win us the league in 14-15. this season, he will have a more defined role and, more importantly, be playing in a more defined team. guys like that, who are your flair, need a team actually functioning around them to excel. markovic has real quality and desire, he's far from a complete player still, but his talent is undeniable. he and ibe could be real weapons as long as we have the foundations around them,
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #753: Aug 13, 2015 03:42:21 am
      Just realized he didn't even make the bench the other night. Even Origi made the bench ahead of him!! Have to say it seems BR might not really rate him....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #754: Aug 13, 2015 06:01:10 am
      markovic has real quality and desire

I'm not criticising your opinion here, but i'm genuinely wondering where you can see this in Lazar?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #755: Aug 13, 2015 06:42:52 am
      Just realized he didn't even make the bench the other night. Even Origi made the bench ahead of him!! Have to say it seems BR might not really rate him....

Not really rate him but he paid over 20 mil for him because F**k logic.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #756: Aug 13, 2015 07:58:41 am
      I'm not criticising your opinion here, but i'm genuinely wondering where you can see this in Lazar?

I was speaking to my pal who supports Spurs and he was saying during their game against Benfica in the Europa not long ago that Markovic tore them apart.

I just can't imagine him doing that to anyone let alone Spurs.

I want this guy to be amazing but all I see is someone with no ideas and no composure
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #757: Aug 13, 2015 09:14:14 am
      I was speaking to my pal who supports Spurs and he was saying during their game against Benfica in the Europa not long ago that Markovic tore them apart.

I just can't imagine him doing that to anyone let alone Spurs.

I want this guy to be amazing but all I see is someone with no ideas and no composure

He hasn't really played in his natural position at all since he moved here so it's hard to know how good he is.

I think he has massive potential but I agree he has shown little to suggest this so far.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #758: Aug 13, 2015 09:22:27 am
      what concerns me is that these days if young players dont make an impact early in their careers they seem to stall. They need game time to improve its a catch 22 situation but with 3 Cup Comps this season we should be able to give everyone an opportunity to shine Lazar included

Quick Reply