Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163660 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #920: Jan 15, 2016 04:49:11 pm
      Are we going to sell Clyne and sign nobody in the summer then?
      Gonna be honest, I forgot about Clyne, but I did say something like that... not exactly that. I don't want to go too far into the team but I just mean Markovic could play around there instead of on the wing.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #921: Jan 15, 2016 04:58:49 pm
      Gonna be honest, I forgot about Clyne, but I did say something like that... not exactly that. I don't want to go too far into the team but I just mean Markovic could play around there instead of on the wing.

You forgot about our only fit right back? :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #922: Jan 15, 2016 05:28:30 pm
      You forgot about our only fit right back? :D
      To be fair, I've forgot way worse before. List of things I forgot worse than this.

• My girlfriends name
        My birthday
        What I had for lunch earlier
      veselier
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #923: Jan 18, 2016 07:21:10 pm
      he played 77 minutes aganist eskisehir. not the best but he was good. also weather was really cold under the circumstances moving muscles was very difficult. in addition after game they asked him 'what will happen end of the season ? ' he said i don't know i'm trying to give my best on pitch. end of the season i will think again about staying or leaving
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #924: Jan 18, 2016 07:40:16 pm
      he played 77 minutes aganist eskisehir. not the best but he was good. also weather was really cold under the circumstances moving muscles was very difficult. in addition after game they asked him 'what will happen end of the season ? ' he said i don't know i'm trying to give my best on pitch. end of the season i will think again about staying or leaving

Least he won't have any of those problems in Liverpool, weather is fairly tropical all year round on the Mersey.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #925: Jan 18, 2016 07:55:21 pm
      I think there's sort of a Dani Pacheco/Suso syndrome going on here with Markovic. He was pretty heavily criticized on here last season, but I guess now that he's not on the team this year he's become Garrincha or something. It was a mistake to loan him out since we have many fixtures to give him a good run, but there's no guarantee that he would have had this massive impact. And this is coming from someone who defended quite a bit last season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #926: Jan 19, 2016 10:28:34 pm
      but there's no guarantee that he would have had this massive impact.

Gamble with any player but until you play them in their natural position, it's hard to make a judgement. I don't think he will be sold or loaned out again next summer so fingers crossed he turns out to be the player we hope he is when given a proper chance.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #927: Jan 19, 2016 10:39:24 pm
      He is cack. I rarely say that about any LFC player, but he really is sh*t. Actually I'm going to go ahead and say that based on the money spent, he is even a worse buy than Lallana and Benteke.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #928: Jan 19, 2016 11:20:32 pm
      He is cack. I rarely say that about any LFC player, but he really is sh*t. Actually I'm going to go ahead and say that based on the money spent, he is even a worse buy than Lallana and Benteke.

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #929: Jan 19, 2016 11:45:17 pm
      Where's your  evidence he's cack considering he was either played out of position or wasn't played too often .

siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #930: Jan 21, 2016 07:24:41 pm
      Where's your  evidence he's cack considering he was either played out of position or wasn't played too often .

Stop with "out of position" nonsense. A winger who cannot play as a wing back is a sh*t ass winger. He is just a terrible footballer who is afraid of his own shadow. He may have a future in Turkey, but even that is not certain.
      HerZamanKIRMIZI
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #931: Jan 21, 2016 08:50:46 pm
      He scored a good goal for Fenerbahce today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZC8__c_-Ss
      veselier
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #932: Jan 21, 2016 09:27:12 pm
      he scored a brilliant goal today. he wasn't in starting lineup. it was a turkish cup game however he did his job lads.  ;D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #933: Jan 21, 2016 09:40:23 pm
      Good finish and positioning but the ball bouncing up made the accomplished volley possible
      I still like lazar and feel he never had the backing and backing he should have had under Rodgers.
      I hope he is brought back and given an opportunity to prove himself
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #934: Jan 21, 2016 09:40:45 pm

We'll probably sell him and the transfer committee will bid £40 million for Wes Hoolahan.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #935: Jan 21, 2016 11:02:50 pm
      i like Wes! Quality!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #936: Jan 22, 2016 01:40:22 pm

I'll have some of that cack please.

http://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/690273613509988356

http://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/690460428355239936
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #937: Jan 22, 2016 06:15:04 pm
      Maybe recall Markovic and Benteke can go on loan.
      veselier
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #938: Jan 26, 2016 08:41:43 am
      He played 90 minutes 2 days ago and he was good. As always when he finds a space against defenders, he uses it beneficially
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #939: Feb 02, 2016 11:18:21 am
      Markovic blames Rodgers for Liverpool exit

The Serbia international completed his move to Liverpool in July 2014 and was a key member of the squad in his first season, only to mysteriously fall out of favour

Lazar Markovic has revealed that he saw no other option but to leave Liverpool for Fenerbahce after his working relationship with then manager Brendan Rodgers fell apart.

The Serbia international joined Liverpool from Benfica in July 2014 for a fee believed to be in the region of £20 million and made 34 appearances in all competitions in his first season at Anfield.

However, Markovic was deemed surplus to requirements by Rodgers ahead of the 2015-16 campaign, eventually prompting the versatile attacker to join Fenerbahce on loan until the end of the season, and the winger has now hit out at the Northern Irishman.

"I had no problem with Rodgers and we had a bond until, for some reason that remains a mystery to me, he changed," Markovic was quoted as saying by Fanatik.

"He stopped playing me and then at the start of the season he didn't even include me in the squad.

"And nobody explained to me what was going on or what his plans were, so I decided to leave."

Markovic has made 13 Super Lig appearances for Fenerbahce this campaign, setting up two goals.

Rodgers, meanwhile, was sacked on October 4 and has since been replaced by former Borussia Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp.

biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #940: Feb 02, 2016 04:51:35 pm
      I'd prefer to have players with a little more fight in them at the club. He gets dropped so he wants to leave? Players wearing the red jersey should have to fight for it!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #941: Feb 02, 2016 04:59:46 pm
      I'd prefer to have players with a little more fight in them at the club. He gets dropped so he wants to leave? Players wearing the red jersey should have to fight for it!

Behave yourself, he gets dropped for no reason and with no explanation by the manager, of course he's going to want to leave, anyone with any dignity or self respect, ie not Jose Enrique, would.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #942: Feb 02, 2016 06:46:21 pm
      Some times you have to use your head to get answers.  He played very poorly for us and instead of blaming the manager he could have easily watched the highlights of his performances and would have got his answer that is if he did know.   He is still young and hopefully he will prove himself, but having cheap shots won't get him up the ladder faster.

Quick Reply