Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163641 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #966: Feb 05, 2016 05:59:46 pm
      Under Klopp this kid will be a breath of fresh air, just watch.
      I totally agree , he was our best player against Real Madrid .

siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #967: Feb 05, 2016 06:16:47 pm
      For a 20m player, you'd think he would set the Turkish League alight. He has had zero goals and two assists in the league so far.

I'd rather have Nani from that team tbh.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #968: Feb 05, 2016 09:50:58 pm
      I for one am looking forward to him coming back and working with the coaching team at melwood
      Let klopp spend some time with him
      I still think there is a good player in there.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #969: Feb 05, 2016 09:52:12 pm
      I think we would have got more out of him than we have done with Ibe.

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #970: Feb 06, 2016 07:21:34 am
      He never even got a first chance .

this..
       we paid 20M to benfica ,where he was their best player, we give him a couple of starts +a few minutes now and then, than we ship him out on loan
       he deserves a another go , he is not worse than most of our current off form players
       we will see if klopp wants him and give him a chance to play, he is a regular in his national team after all , so he is not that bad as some think
      YNWA

craigsmith1995
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #971: Feb 17, 2016 12:49:49 pm
      GET LAZAR BACK NEXT SEASON.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 837 
      Reply #972: Feb 17, 2016 05:06:38 pm
      He hasn't been Fenerbache's standout player has he now?

haven't been watching his games but just hearing he isn't a regular.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #973: Feb 17, 2016 06:25:34 pm
      He hasn't been Fenerbache's standout player has he now?

haven't been watching his games but just hearing he isn't a regular.

He's injured at the moment but was playing regularly mate.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #974: Feb 18, 2016 02:51:39 pm
      he's another option to push the likes of Ibe, Origi and other similar age brackets into stepping up their game
      MsGerrard
      Reply #975: Feb 18, 2016 11:21:40 pm
      Would love to see him back, I was one that thought he should never have left in the first place....a talent which I'm certain Klopp will nuture..
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #976: Feb 19, 2016 12:19:31 am
      Would love to see him back, I was one that thought he should never have left in the first place....a talent which I'm certain Klopp will nuture..

Agreed. I've always maintained that this lad is a good player and I think he could do very well with Jürgen as manager. I'm looking forward to seeing him back with us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #977: Feb 19, 2016 04:48:24 pm
      If Klopp can get him to become a first teamer who can produce week in, week out then i'm calling him the Messiah because Lazar was awful when he was here.

Runs in to dead ends, sh*te end product and unless things open up for him he has no idea what to do with the ball because his head is facing down half the time.

He was shafted around by Brendan but he didn't do the simple things a professional footballer should be doing which was a big concern.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #978: Mar 04, 2016 11:32:30 pm
      Liverpool FC: Markovic will get chance to revive his Anfield career
      22:30, 4 MAR 2016
      BY JAMES PEARCE

'Pre-season is a long time to show what you have and then after this we’ll make decisions'
      Jürgen Klopp has told Lazar Markovic that he will be given the opportunity to revive his Liverpool career this summer.

The Serbian winger, who is on a season-long loan at Fenerbahce, held talks with the Reds boss on Friday after returning to Melwood.

Markovic is currently sidelined by injury but will soon head back to Turkey to see out the campaign with the title-chasers.

The 22-year-old endured a difficult first year at Anfield following his £20million arrival from Benfica and has been linked with a permanent move to Fenerbahce.

However, Klopp wants Markovic to report for pre-season training in July and force his way into his plans for next season.

“Lazar has a muscle problem so he is back for us at the moment,” Klopp said.

“You will have to ask the doctor for the exact diagnosis but he’s not available. He’s not our player for this season so he will have to go back.

“We had a little talk about things. I said at the start of pre-season you will be very welcome and then it’s up to you.

“That is how it is in football. It’s a long pre-season and if he wants to come back to Liverpool in July he’s welcome.

“We are short on wingers. Everybody who is involved in pre-season can have a part to play next season. We need a big squad because of the European Championships.

“Pre-season is a long time to show what you have and then after this we’ll make decisions.”
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #979: Mar 05, 2016 01:07:48 am
      If Klopp can get him to become a first teamer who can produce week in, week out then i'm calling him the Messiah because Lazar was awful when he was here.

Absolutely agree with this, 100%.  The obsession with this kid is bizarre.  He did absolutely nothing for us the season he was here.  No end product, pushed off the ball way too easily, to be honest he didn't even look that quick most of the time.  The most exciting thing he did was when he poked that bloke in the eye and got sent off against Basel. 

Yet everyone thinks he's going to come back and be Messi.  He did absolutely nothing to suggest that he had that in him.  Maybe he does, I don't know, but it's just pure speculation at this point and not based on anything he showed when he played for us. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #980: Mar 05, 2016 01:31:59 am
      Absolutely agree with this, 100%.  The obsession with this kid is bizarre.  He did absolutely nothing for us the season he was here.  No end product, pushed off the ball way too easily, to be honest he didn't even look that quick most of the time.  The most exciting thing he did was when he poked that bloke in the eye and got sent off against Basel. 

Yet everyone thinks he's going to come back and be Messi.  He did absolutely nothing to suggest that he had that in him.  Maybe he does, I don't know, but it's just pure speculation at this point and not based on anything he showed when he played for us. 

He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #981: Mar 05, 2016 01:55:25 am
      Yet everyone thinks he's going to come back and be Messi.

"Everyone" thinks a hell of a lot things judging by your posts. We live in consensus in this forum, apparently.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #982: Mar 05, 2016 06:40:42 am
      For a 20m player, you'd think he would set the Turkish League alight. He has had zero goals and two assists in the league so far.

I'd rather have Nani from that team tbh.

Says it all.

There's his chance in Turkey and he still appears to be mimicking one.

Yet, another overrated LFC player IMO, and another poor example of our recruitment policy/strategy.

I'll eat humble pie if things eventuate otherwise,, but I'm willing to bet in this case it will stay in the cupboard and go beyond it's sell by date re. Markovic.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #983: Mar 05, 2016 09:09:22 am

Nobody has said he will come back and be like Messi.

Many have sais that they think he might have something about him and would like to see him given at least a chance by the new manager.

jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #984: Mar 05, 2016 11:28:18 am
      Hasn't Klopp said that the pre-season is long enough to assess some players?

If he impresses Klopp, I don't see a reason why not. If not, he will go.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #985: Mar 05, 2016 04:19:00 pm
      personally think he'll be back with us next season but don't think he's good enough and would take 20m
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #986: Mar 05, 2016 07:29:31 pm
      personally think he'll be back with us next season but don't think he's good enough and would take 20m

If he can't make it here and we paid 20m for him I doubt we could get more than 8-12m for him...never going to get 20m.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #987: Mar 05, 2016 07:42:26 pm
      If he can't make it here and we paid 20m for him I doubt we could get more than 8-12m for him...never going to get 20m.

China? Seems to be our main hope for a few of our unwanted players. :)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #988: Mar 05, 2016 09:29:57 pm
      China? Seems to be our main hope for a few of our unwanted players. :)

Pretty sad when we are hoping and praying for the Chinese super league to come and bail us out.
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2016 09:50:58 pm by AZPatriot »

Quick Reply