Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 162240 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #69: Jul 18, 2014 08:37:43 am
      Welcome to the Greatest Club on the Planet, Lazar.

I hope you have an outstanding Liverpool Career.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #70: Jul 21, 2014 05:18:26 pm
      I like  him he have good qualities....    I hope  he  will show  us those qualities  in Liverpool FC  colours
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #71: Jul 21, 2014 08:54:16 pm
      I have really high hopes for Lazar, one of the brightest young talents in Europe and he has come to the best coach in Europe to make him realise his potential.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #72: Jul 24, 2014 08:51:05 pm
      Rui Costa has hailed the talents of Liverpool's new £20 million signing Lazar Markovic.

The Serbian winger joined the Reds last week after the Anfield side met his buyout clause at Benfica, and the talented Markovic has been described as one of the most mouth-watering young prospects in European football.

In the absence of Luis Suarez next term, much will depend on the likes of Markovic, Adam Lallana and Philippe Coutinho to provide the creative spark for Brendan Rodgers, but Rui Costa thinks the 20-year-old has all the ingredients to succeed.

And as a technically gifted playmaker with 94 caps for Portugal, Rui Costa is more than qualified to give his verdict on creative technicians.

Benfica's director of foobtall told the Daily Mail: "I believe he will never forget the time he spent with us at Benfica. Markovic is a huge talent and I believe his speed and skills can make a difference in the Premier League. He's not a physical player, but he has the ability and the flexibility to escape defenders easily.

"Apart from that, he's a really focused player. He loves football and enjoys playing and watching the game. Markovic is also very cold blooded when he's in one to one and he's not afraid on facing the opponents. He's always eager to learning, so I think he will adapt himself very quickly.

"What I will remember most about the transfer is how thankful and emotional he was when we told him Liverpool had met his release clause and that was going to allow him to sign for Liverpool."

Markovic missed Thursday morning's 1-0 defeat to Roma, and the youngster is expected to make his bow on Sunday when the Reds take on Olympiacos in Chicago.

Rodgers has also added Adam Lallana, Emre Can and Rickie Lambert to his ranks so far to the tune of around £60 million, and Loic Remy is expected to join this week.

Deals for Dejan Lovren and Belgium international striker Divock Origi are also reportedly in the pipeline.http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/24/portugal-legend-talks-up-cold-blooded-talent-of-liverpool-new-bo/

I can't wait to see him. Hope he shows what he is!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #73: Jul 24, 2014 09:05:29 pm
      Really excited about this lad.  If he can have a similar sort of impact as what Sterling, Coutinho, or Studge have had for us in the last 12 months then we will be an absolute terror for opposing defenses!!  I'll be at the game on Sunday against Olympiakos and I expect him to feature, so I'm really looking forward to being able to run the rule over him (as well as Lallana) in person. 
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #74: Jul 24, 2014 09:08:02 pm
      Really excited about this lad.  If he can have a similar sort of impact as what Sterling, Coutinho, or Studge have had for us in the last 12 months then we will be an absolute terror for opposing defenses!!  I'll be at the game on Sunday against Olympiakos and I expect him to feature, so I'm really looking forward to being able to run the rule over him (as well as Lallana) in person. 

Lucky, have fun mate, hope you will have a good judgement on them :)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #75: Jul 28, 2014 08:36:38 am
      Nice debut for Lazar last night showed some nice quality, huge acceleration, tidy on possession and strong on the ball.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #76: Jul 28, 2014 10:03:15 am
      Nice debut for Lazar last night showed some nice quality, huge acceleration, tidy on possession and strong on the ball.

Not a bad debut , just 45mins, and he showed good quality , he was playing for the 1st time  in a competitive game with the rest of the squad
      YNWA
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #77: Jul 28, 2014 10:50:18 am

So glad about this guy coming here.. honest, when I first saw him playing last year I thought he'd be great at our club and it happened, so cool.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #78: Jul 28, 2014 11:10:09 am

So glad about this guy coming here.. honest, when I first saw him playing last year I thought he'd be great at our club and it happened, so cool.

Not quite sure whether its me who's lost the plot by not understanding a bean of that post, or you!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #79: Jul 28, 2014 11:15:32 am
      Not quite sure whether its me who's lost the plot by not understanding a bean of that post, or you!!

He's happy.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #80: Jul 28, 2014 11:45:25 am

I am likely to lose the plot from time to time, I'm made up with this player though; either way.
      sweeeeeet
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #81: Jul 28, 2014 03:19:07 pm
      Lazar Marković vs Olympiakos (Pre Season 14-15) HD 720p by i7xComps This only shows a little of what he did. He has the potential to be top player.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #82: Jul 28, 2014 10:36:30 pm
      Can't say I was blinded by his performance last night but fook me has he got some pace on him, would love to watch a 50m race between Laza, Ibe & Sterling! Looks very raw to me but lots of pace and strong too is what jumped out from that performance. I expect we will see the best from him off the bench and away from home over the first few months of the season. He also looks like he has got the frame to play through the middle in years to come.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #83: Jul 29, 2014 01:19:08 am
      Can't say I was blinded by his performance last night but fook me has he got some pace on him, would love to watch a 50m race between Laza, Ibe & Sterling! Looks very raw to me but lots of pace and strong too is what jumped out from that performance. I expect we will see the best from him off the bench and away from home over the first few months of the season. He also looks like he has got the frame to play through the middle in years to come.
      Same here on yesterdays showing he didn't leave me thinking we've a world beater. People possibly get a little ahead of themselves, looking for the next pretender to the thrown. By no way am I slating the lad as he did OK, and I really hope he fulfills his potential but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #84: Jul 29, 2014 07:58:55 am
      Lazar Marković vs Olympiakos (Pre Season 14-15) HD 720p by i7xComps This only shows a little of what he did. He has the potential to be top player.

Hehehe 1:14 the security guard getting hit in the back of the head.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #85: Jul 29, 2014 08:30:30 am

Hahahaha.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #86: Jul 29, 2014 08:31:57 am

That's how good he is, he meant it.........

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #87: Aug 01, 2014 02:53:41 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #88: Aug 01, 2014 03:34:40 pm
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #89: Aug 02, 2014 04:24:29 pm
      Is Markovic injured? Rumours are circulating that he is because he has not taken part in training... has anyone heard the same?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #90: Aug 02, 2014 05:24:56 pm
      James Pearce: "Markovic has got a minor tendon problem. He's not likely to feature vs Milan, but it shouldn't keep him out for too long."

Must be a precaution.Should be fine for Dortmund game
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #91: Aug 02, 2014 05:31:33 pm
      Not trying to be dramatic but it's hardly ideal preparation for the news season is it. Lallana out for up to 6 weeks, Markovic with a slight injury, Lovren not being able to get a visa to join the squad on tour and the idea that our 2 (possible) new full backs might not join until the start of the season.

Quick Reply