Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 162217 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #1196: Sep 13, 2018 10:39:45 am
      Sorry but I think that's a disgusting outlook to have on life.

Lazar has already earned more than some of us on here combined will earn in a lifetime.

Most of us would do anything to swap our jobs to play football for a living earning a fraction of what Markovic is paid.

He is a greedy c**t plain and simple.

Any player with dignity in himself having already earned a fortune would have left to play elsewhere.

I mean we all need to have a purpose in life it's not just about having lots of money.

As high and moral as that sounds and I'm not sure what money he is on but probably difficult to leave say £50k a week for £25k.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1197: Sep 13, 2018 11:41:41 am
      Well.......... looks like we may be stuck with Markovic for a while. Read that his contract has been leaked (not looked into it) and he has a two year option extension at a +30% wage increase and will get to pick up his loyalty bonus of £2m next summer.

If true, well played, well f**king played....

An option is surely for the club rather than the player and do you not need to actually play some games to pick up a loyalty bonus?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1198: Sep 13, 2018 11:45:38 am

Lazar has already earned more than some of us on here combined will earn in a lifetime.

Most of us would do anything to swap our jobs to play football for a living earning a fraction of what Markovic is paid.

Any player with dignity in himself having already earned a fortune would have left to play elsewhere.

I mean we all need to have a purpose in life it's not just about having lots of money.

All noble sentiments but I bet if you were in his situation, knowing that you'd have to take a huge paycut to move on you'd stay for that one extra year and then with a shedload of cash in the bank you can pick and chose how to reboot your career, you'd really have to be a bit of an idiot not to. By the way our anger should not be at him it should be for the daft tw*t who gave him this contract.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1199: Sep 13, 2018 12:24:02 pm
      Struggling to see where he will even find a team for next season, I can honestly see him having to drop down a division or two, whether that’s in England or abroad. He’s finished playing in a top division, put himself in a worse situation finding a new club after the Anderlecht failing.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1200: Sep 13, 2018 01:50:39 pm
      All noble sentiments but I bet if you were in his situation, knowing that you'd have to take a huge paycut to move on you'd stay for that one extra year and then with a shedload of cash in the bank you can pick and chose how to reboot your career, you'd really have to be a bit of an idiot not to. By the way our anger should not be at him it should be for the daft tw*t who gave him this contract.

I'm angry at both to be honest.

Hopefully it's a learning lesson for the club in terms of player contracts.

And hopefully Lazar loses all his money on a roulette table the day he leaves this club.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1201: Sep 13, 2018 09:50:07 pm

My thoughts exactly
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1202: Sep 13, 2018 09:53:48 pm
      If he had left the club and his Agent would have had to make his contract whole they would have effectively paid him to go.
      The fact he knows he isn't wanted but wants to hang around doing sweet FA proves he was wrong for the club in the first place
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1203: Sep 14, 2018 12:02:15 pm
      Well.......... looks like we may be stuck with Markovic for a while. Read that his contract has been leaked (not looked into it) and he has a two year option extension at a +30% wage increase and will get to pick up his loyalty bonus of £2m next summer.

If true, well played, well F***ing played....

Aren't contract extensions usually triggered by a minimum number of games played? And if the loyalty bonus was like Neymar's at Barca it'll be a bonus triggered for not negotiating with other club or something along those lines. Not a bad incentive to not play ball with Anderlecht.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1204: Sep 14, 2018 12:12:37 pm
      Aren't contract extensions usually triggered by a minimum number of games played? And if the loyalty bonus was like Neymar's at Barca it'll be a bonus triggered for not negotiating with other club or something along those lines. Not a bad incentive to not play ball with Anderlecht.

Supposedly he has the option to extend for another 2 seasons regardless of how many games he has played, same with loyalty bonus, but I guess we may know a little bit more later on in the season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1205: Sep 14, 2018 01:26:25 pm
      Supposedly he has the option to extend for another 2 seasons regardless of how many games he has played, same with loyalty bonus, but I guess we may know a little bit more later on in the season.

Why in the F**k would someone give that kind of contract to a player, I just don't get it, its insane.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1206: Sep 14, 2018 01:31:08 pm
      Why in the f**k would someone give that kind of contract to a player, I just don't get it, its insane.

Yeah, idk. I still can't find the leak contract info, but it has been mentioned a few times by various people.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1207: Sep 14, 2018 01:53:40 pm
      Yeah, idk. I still can't find the leak contract info, but it has been mentioned a few times by various people.

It effectively was a 7 year contract he signed then, for an unproven player. Even for a superstar player it would be nuts to do that contract.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1208: Oct 08, 2018 01:12:02 am
      I see that he played for the U23s today.

Why? Why would we waste any match time on him that some young player should be getting? Actually, I wouldn't even waste the time in training sessions on him. I get that we're stuck paying him, but just tell him there's no need to come in since he doesn't care what he does for his money anyway.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1209: Nov 08, 2018 10:44:56 am
      Markovic appeared to like a tweet celebrating Red Star's victory over Liverpool - but he's explained the motive behind his actions on social media
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lazar-markovic-forced-deny-celebrated-15386591
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1210: Nov 08, 2018 08:31:35 pm
      Whats the world coming to when a serb cant like a tweet showing hos national flag without people being up jn arms.

The world is a sad F***ing place
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1211: Nov 08, 2018 09:24:00 pm
      Whats the world coming to when a serb cant like a tweet showing hos national flag without people being up jn arms.

The world is a sad f**king place

Like he said he's Partizan Belgrade,F***ing twitter(social media).Just a total shitshow.Anyway good to see he's still alive.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1212: Jan 06, 2019 11:20:10 pm
      Last 6 months of contract, he's allowed to talk to other clubs directly isn't he now?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1213: Jan 06, 2019 11:24:34 pm
      Last 6 months of contract, he's allowed to talk to other clubs directly isn't he now?

Would be happy for the club to buy out his contract if he doesn't piss off by the end of the month.

He had opportunities to play football elsewhere and scoffed at them can't wait to see the back of his floppy head.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1214: Jan 06, 2019 11:32:07 pm
      Would be happy for the club to buy out his contract if he doesn't piss off by the end of the month.

He had opportunities to play football elsewhere and scoffed at them can't wait to see the back of his floppy head.
      should be gone this month.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1215: Jan 23, 2019 09:02:08 pm
      By the way our anger should not be at him it should be for the daft tw*t who gave him this contract.

BR was in the hot seat but as he has proved to be a flop then better blame it on the elusive "Transfer Committee."

Accounting madness this one .... thought Sturridge and Box Of Frogs Balotelli were off the wall deals.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1216: Jan 23, 2019 09:25:00 pm
      Just never looked like anything resembling a Liverpool player.

Not even close.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1217: Jan 23, 2019 10:16:41 pm
      Just never looked like anything resembling a Liverpool player.

Not even close.

Bizarre transfer..someone has made a good earner on him & our club..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1218: Jan 23, 2019 10:24:39 pm
      Bizarre transfer..someone has made a good earner on him & our club..

Like everyone else I watched the YouTube clips but as soon as he played a game it just looked all way way too much.

Quick Reply