Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 162230 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)
      Reply #1288: Feb 02, 2019 09:58:09 am
      That's also a short term and negative way to think of it, yes he was earning a lot of money with us, but now when his time finishes at Fulham he will find it very hard to get a decent wage anywhere unless he has an amazing half season which I very much doubt, whereas if he had moved a few years ago when he still had a bit of a name, yes he might have dropped in salary for a bit but if he was playing regularly and playing well then long term he would have earned much more.
      There have been times in my life where I've taken a short term paycut to then jump further ahead, a case of one step back and 2 steps forward.

Big difference between a 15yr career - max at top - that could end in every training session and a 40 year career Heimy......

I think that’s the point K78 is getting at
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1289: Feb 02, 2019 10:03:43 am
      Big difference between a 15yr career - max at top - that could end in every training session and a 40 year career Heimy......

Yes but lets say he was on £50k a week with us for 5 years, obviously very very nice money but its only for 5 years and he is now the forgotten man, certainly not the man many managers think of when looking for singings so probably he will now need to take a huge drop in wages to get any kind of contract, probably down to £5-10k per week at some lower league team and then he needs to really start grafting to make a name for himself again. On the other hand he could have left a few years ago and gone for perhaps £30k per year but to a fairly good club, play regularly, enjoy his job and then step on.
      I just find the Markovich position very negative, its extremely short term thinking and screams of a lack of integrity and/or confidence, neither will be very positive traits when looking for a new employer.
      Basically unless he now has a fantastic half season with Fulham, which I very much doubt, then his career is fu**ed at 24.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1290: Feb 02, 2019 10:16:20 am

I just think it's easy to judge when you're not in the situation

Yes but lets say he was on £50k a week with us for 5 years, obviously very very nice money but its only for 5 years and he is now the forgotten man, certainly not the man many managers think of when looking for singings so probably he will now need to take a huge drop in wages to get any kind of contract, probably down to £5-10k per week at some lower league team and then he needs to really start grafting to make a name for himself again. On the other hand he could have left a few years ago and gone for perhaps £30k per year but to a fairly good club, play regularly, enjoy his job and then step on.
      I just find the Markovich position very negative, its extremely short term thinking and screams of a lack of integrity and/or confidence, neither will be very positive traits when looking for a new employer.
      Basically unless he now has a fantastic half season with Fulham, which I very much doubt, then his career is fu**ed at 24.

Complete guess that

For all you know he may have wanted to make it at Liverpool and didn't want to let go of that

It's just too easy to say he's sat here when you would have moved

Far too easy

Anyway not that I'm arsed, I didn't rate him personally and I'd forgotten about him Really, just I don't see the reason to judge him when you know F**k all about him or his motivation or his reasoning

He's not our problem anymore anyway
      Kopite78
      Reply #1291: Feb 02, 2019 10:27:41 am
      Oh come on now, he was clearly not wanted at Liverpool by Brendan or Klopp, he wasn't even given runouts in the last 3 years. He was almost sold several times so unless he is thick as pig sh*t it was fairly obvious he had no future with ut.

Like talking to a brick wall you

Sound.. you aren't even willing or able to put yourself in his shoes

When you mature a bit you may be able to look at things from other people's perspectives

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1292: Feb 02, 2019 10:38:37 am
      Sound

Glad you can afford them. Maybe he couldn't growing up and is thinking of securing his families future with this contract

Boo-f**king-who.

Some people [even ones from poorer backgrounds] strangely enough also come out with a searing ambition and drive to achieve, to prove people wrong, to use what gifts they've been given [that other people haven't, and who still manage to contribute], to be part of a team, to BELIEVE in something. If I look round a dressing room, they're the ones I'd want there, not the Alexis Sanchez f**king almighty dollar mercenary types.

But am sure on his death bed he can give a wad of notes a hug, cause he won't be able to look back on a football career worth a sh*t.
      His choice.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1293: Feb 02, 2019 10:40:41 am
      Boo-f**king-who.

Some people [even ones from poorer backgrounds] strangely enough also come out with a searing ambition and drive to achieve, to prove people wrong, to use what gifts they've been given [that other people haven't, and who still manage to contribute], to be part of a team, to BELIEVE in something. If I look round a dressing room, they're the ones I'd want there, not the Alexis Sanchez f**king almighty dollar mercenary types.

But am sure on his death bed he can give a wad of notes a hug, cause he won't be able to look back on a football career worth a sh*t.
      His choice.

Yeah it is his choice you f**king moron that's what I'm saying

He may also lay on his death bed happy he could set his family up for life. Buy his parents a great house and give them a fantastic quality of life for their final 20 years
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2019 10:48:08 am by Kopite78 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1294: Feb 02, 2019 10:50:50 am
      Like talking to a brick wall you

Sound.. you aren't even willing or able to put yourself in his shoes

When you mature a bit you may be able to look at things from other people's perspectives

Not a brick wall, just a different point of view.
      I explained all my reasonings, including the fact that I have at times taken a step back to further my own career, which is what Lazar should have done.
      I think Markovich is guilty of short term thinking and over the course of his career it would have been much more sensible for him to have moved on from us several years ago, if you disagree then fine, but at least try to debate your side of the argument, instead of throwing out petty insults!
      Kopite78
      Reply #1295: Feb 02, 2019 10:53:54 am
      Not a brick wall, just a different point of view.
      I explained all my reasonings, including the fact that I have at times taken a step back to further my own career, which is what Lazar should have done.
      I think Markovich is guilty of short term thinking and over the course of his career it would have been much more sensible for him to have moved on from us several years ago, if you disagree then fine, but at least try to debate your side of the argument, instead of throwing out petty insults!

I don't have a side. I'm just not closed minded enough to say what he should do or should have done like you seem to be

It's Markovic by the way
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1296: Feb 02, 2019 10:54:41 am

He may also lay on his death bed happy he could set his family up for life. Buy his parents a great house and give them a fantastic quality of life for their final 20 years

So are assuming that his career is now over and he'll just be playing amateur football or stacking shelves from here on out? What I am saying is that he could play football for a club that wanted him plus still earn a very good amount of money, perhaps not as much as us but still far more than the average man. Instead he has chosen to rot away in his reserves, only looking at the bigger paycheck, it is a bad attitude and shows a lack of character.
      Life is about more than just money or do you disagree with that as well?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1297: Feb 02, 2019 10:55:07 am
      I don't have a side. I'm just not closed minded enough to say what he should do or should have done like you seem to be

You sound quite close minded, incapable of debating in an open manner.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1298: Feb 02, 2019 10:57:48 am
      So are assuming that his career is now over and he'll just be playing amateur football or stacking shelves from here on out? What I am saying is that he could play football for a club that wanted him plus still earn a very good amount of money, perhaps not as much as us but still far more than the average man. Instead he has chosen to rot away in his reserves, only looking at the bigger paycheck, it is a bad attitude and shows a lack of character.
      Life is about more than just money or do you disagree with that as well?

If you read back you can clearly see that I've not said that

You sound quite close minded, incapable of debating in an open manner.

It's not really a debate is it?

I've just said you don't know his reasoning or why. I'm not judging him

You're saying he's wrong doing what he's done.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1299: Feb 02, 2019 11:40:45 am

Course its his choice, but that's not what we're arguing about you numpty.
      We're arguing about what we think of his choice.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1300: Feb 02, 2019 11:44:17 am
      Course its his choice, but that's not what we're arguing about you numpty.
      We're arguing about what we think of his choice.

You may be

I'm not

I'm Not judging him, that's the point. You carry on.. 👍
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1301: Feb 02, 2019 12:16:51 pm
      You may be

I'm not

I'm Not judging him, that's the point. You carry on.. 👍

We've been paying him a LOT of money for years, think it's fine to have an opinion on him.

You seem to think LFC is a shelter for lazy millionaires, I don't  ;)
      Kopite78
      Reply #1302: Feb 02, 2019 12:54:34 pm
      We've been paying him a LOT of money for years, think it's fine to have an opinion on him.

You seem to think LFC is a shelter for lazy millionaires, I don't  ;)

Not at all

I didn't give him the contract did I?

See you're judging him again calling him lazy
      Very judgemental character you
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1303: Feb 02, 2019 03:32:41 pm
      Not at all

I didn't give him the contract did I?

See you're judging him again calling him lazy
      Very judgemental character you

So he's not lazy and he is to be applauded for sucking money out of the club, OK!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1304: Feb 02, 2019 03:40:53 pm
      So he's not lazy and he is to be applauded for sucking money out of the club, OK!!

You’re making out like Markovich is H&G..

Contract given by club..It never worked out & we move on, not sure what your trying to achieve here.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1305: Feb 02, 2019 05:49:05 pm

How do you know he's "lazy" though

He could have been  putting it in but not have the quality needed for a club like ours

And who said applaud him?

I'm just not being a being a judgemental tit

You’re making out like Markovich is H&G..

Contract given by club..It never worked out & we move on, not sure what your trying to achieve here.

Is right Shabs
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1306: Feb 02, 2019 06:10:50 pm
      How do you know he's "lazy" though

He could have been  putting it in but not have the quality needed for a club like ours

And who said applaud him?

I'm just not being a being a judgemental tit

Is right Shabs

He never looked lazy on the pitch.

Just frightened.
      Terrified might be a better description.

Whenever he thought a big tackle was coming in he shat himself.

Bags of talent, but it didn't work out for whatever reason.

I've no idea why some are making such a fuss.

Oh wait, someones quoted him.
      OK, I know why at least 1 poster is making such a fuss.
      Because he always does.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1307: Feb 02, 2019 06:15:52 pm
      I wonder how many people on here have been to their respective boss on Pay day and said "you know what Boss I don't think I earned all of my money this month why not take some back it will help me sleep better" the answer is nobody.
      The lad had a contract he fulfilled it otherwise he wouldn't have been paid for whatever reason it didn't work for him I have never heard a bad word about his attitude in training so I wish the lad and his family well
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2019 06:45:34 pm by waltonl4 »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1308: Feb 02, 2019 06:38:34 pm

The dude would argue that the KKK is an equal opportunity organization.

Some of his views align him with the KKK school of thought..

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1309: Feb 02, 2019 08:31:23 pm
      He has gone, best of luck to him. Let's move on. Does this attitude make me a hypocrite (clyne). Absolutely
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1310: Feb 02, 2019 11:09:33 pm

Quick Reply