Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Daniel Agger Says He Might Have To Consider Future

Read 5016 times
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Re: Daniel Agger Says He Might Have To Consider Future
      Reply #23: Jul 21, 2014 07:31:28 pm
      Its been lovely Danny but we ve met someone else
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Jul 21, 2014 07:53:30 pm
      The thing is, with Toure supposedly going, if Agger goes too then we'd have to bring in somebody else as well as Lovren.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #25: Jul 21, 2014 07:58:47 pm
      The thing is, with Toure supposedly going, if Agger goes too then we'd have to bring in somebody else as well as Lovren.

Not really we also have, Sakho, Skrtel, Coates, llori.

« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2014 08:11:58 pm by HScRed1 »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Jul 21, 2014 08:14:35 pm
      Tired of Agger and his complaining. What about not losing your attacker on set pieces twice a game, Danny? It would be much more convincing than saying this kind of rubbish to the media. Great vice captain eh.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #27: Jul 21, 2014 08:16:17 pm
      Tired of Agger and his complaining. What about not losing your attacker on set pieces twice a game, Danny? It would be much more convincing than saying this kind of rubbish to the media. Great vice captain eh.

Got to agree with you Diego on all the points.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Jul 21, 2014 08:53:19 pm
      If he's not happy about his role then he has one of two choices to make.

1) Shut up moaning and work harder to prove himself and force his way in as first choice

2) F**k off out the door.

Any player that isn't prepared to fight for their place and is moaning about it can do one for all I care.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #29: Jul 21, 2014 09:07:46 pm
      I certainly believe we can do better than Agger.... just not so sure we have better than him.

Same here mate, they all pretty suspect in their own ways aren't they. Skrtel can be utterly dominant one minute and then completely reckless the next. Sakho looks the part some of the time but is also reckless and is very ungainly in possession.

We still desperately need a CB who is dominant in the air and able to provide leadership and communication at the back. Sadly Agger isn't this player either and I'm not sure that Lovren is either.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #30: Jul 21, 2014 09:14:27 pm
      If he's not happy about his role then he has one of two choices to make.

1) Shut up moaning and work harder to prove himself and force his way in as first choice

2) F**k off out the door.

Any player that isn't prepared to fight for their place and is moaning about it can do one for all I care.

I agree.  I love Dagger, but if he ain't up for the challenge then he can leave.  Some people are seemingly upset with Borini for turning down the Sunderland move, but at least he is showing the desire to fight for his chance!!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #31: Jul 21, 2014 09:25:11 pm
      Premiership appearances last season;

Skrtel 36
      Agger 20
      Toure 20
      Sakho 18

Sorry Danny lad but if you're not happy playing the second most amount of games of our centre halves then there's the door.
      He'd have played more had he not had injury problems , he played a fair amount considering .

LFCexiled
      Reply #32: Jul 21, 2014 09:31:15 pm
      Given the fact that he's been (rumoured) getting pushed out the door for the last two seasons then I'm not in the slightest bit surprised, he was after all one of the main targets on the 'slash the wage bill' list.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33: Jul 21, 2014 10:13:09 pm
      Sorry Danny lad but you have to be better than your peers to cement a regular berth, and tbh you have been nowhere near your best now for over a season,

For me he is making it easier for BR to make a decision with that attitude, get your head down lad and f***in work if you want to hang  a couple of league or CL medals around your neck,

Personally id go get Verane to slot in next to Sakho and make those two my central partnership for the foreseeable future , only my opinion of course , what we don't want or need is a player in the group unhappy with his role at the club no matter how big a name, and if that means warming the bench for a whole so be it,

Love Agger he has been superb for us with the exception of the last season or so, if he's not up for the challenge ahead then it's fare thee well and thx very much , there is no room for sentiment in this game,

Either knuckle down or move on , simples really.

YNWA
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #34: Jul 21, 2014 10:32:15 pm
      Read his comments earlier and found them incredibly annoying given what he's said about how he loves Liverpool etc, but when it comes down to it and he feels his position might be under threat he'd rather walk.

Ridiculous attitude from him and he has no right to take such a stance given some of his poor performances in recent seasons. He's more than capable of establishing himself because he has the ability, but if he can't handle a little competition then he knows where the door is. Had it too easy for too long and got comfortable.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #35: Jul 21, 2014 10:40:47 pm
      Very surprised by his attitude because I think he's excellent ,but,if he doesn't like the competition then it's time to piss off or knuckle down.:-(
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #36: Jul 21, 2014 11:26:15 pm
      I just wonder if it is more a problem with Brendan than anything. If he believes Brendan is not picking him when he thinks he deserves it, or he thinks Brendan doesn't rate him,which, judging from some of his comments he might, it is going to be a problem.

When asked if he would still be at Liverpool next season, he told Danish media: "I don't know. That's up to the manager. I can't go and put myself on the team sheet.

"It definitely wasn't great to be left out, but I don't make the decisions.

"I think it is because the manager doesn't think that I'm good enough."
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-news-daniel-agger-says-3574012#ixzz3890RMBWR
      Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

"Daniel is one of a number of excellent players that we have playing at the back. He has been unfortunate in the time that I've been at the club because the big issue for Dan has been his availability.

"He has been out injured for a number of games. He's an excellent player, an international captain and he's had a very good career at Liverpool.

"He's at a good age, 29, and his experience can be good for us this season. He signed a new contract last season.

"You saw in the first half (against Brondby) that he's an excellent player, a very good footballer and someone that is an important member of our squad."

Imo I think the problem is more Aggers injuries than his ability and it is that which may decide his future.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #37: Jul 22, 2014 12:25:03 am
      I just wonder if it is more a problem with Brendan than anything. If he believes Brendan is not picking him when he thinks he deserves it, or he thinks Brendan doesn't rate him,which, judging from some of his comments he might, it is going to be a problem.

When asked if he would still be at Liverpool next season, he told Danish media: "I don't know. That's up to the manager. I can't go and put myself on the team sheet.

"It definitely wasn't great to be left out, but I don't make the decisions.

"I think it is because the manager doesn't think that I'm good enough."
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-news-daniel-agger-says-3574012#ixzz3890RMBWR
      Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

"Daniel is one of a number of excellent players that we have playing at the back. He has been unfortunate in the time that I've been at the club because the big issue for Dan has been his availability.

"He has been out injured for a number of games. He's an excellent player, an international captain and he's had a very good career at Liverpool.

"He's at a good age, 29, and his experience can be good for us this season. He signed a new contract last season.

"You saw in the first half (against Brondby) that he's an excellent player, a very good footballer and someone that is an important member of our squad."

Imo I think the problem is more Aggers injuries than his ability and it is that which may decide his future.

You may well be right there s@int, he's had too many injuries of late no doubt about that and perhaps they have taken their toll,

Brendan sees him everyday in training and perhaps just doesn't trust him quite enough to hand him a automatic place, I can't imagine Danny will give up that easily but if he did then he will be sealing his own fate, it certainly doesn't bode well if his comments are anything to go by that's for sure.

YNWA
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #38: Jul 22, 2014 12:37:29 am
      Thought it was strange as he wasn't involved at Preston and cant see him in any of the training pictures from today.

I'm a big fan but have to admit, he is nowhere near the player he was a few years back but still better than Sakho for me at the moment.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #39: Jul 22, 2014 06:06:25 am
      Meh. If you want out, there's the door.

Hasn't been the same for a while and I think Sakho will develop in to a better player than him (if he isn't already) by seasons end with more time under his belt.

Brendan has chosen players in form and stuck by them. If you're on the bench, it only means one thing and only one person can change that.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #40: Jul 22, 2014 04:43:42 pm
      This comes as no surprise - his time is coming to an end here for the same reason as Pepe.

Also, he's overated by reds because of his silky style. For all his skills he is a fraction of the goal threat of Skrtel.

Having said that he is a loyal red and it's sad to think what could have been for his career here. If he leaves it wil lbe with my very best wishes and thanks.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #41: Jul 22, 2014 05:08:57 pm
      Personally feel he isn't as great as everyone thinks. His good on the ball but i think defensively he is the most vulnerable center back we have only before Kolo. I think with a consistent run of games Sakho would prove himself to be the more solid choice alongside Lovren/Skrtel.

If he wants to leave he can and if he wants to stay he needs to prove himself better than the rest or get used to sitting on the bench, a team fighting to win all competitions they are involved in would never take any passengers, neither should we.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42: Jul 22, 2014 06:05:24 pm
      Given the fact that he's been (rumoured) getting pushed out the door for the last two seasons then I'm not in the slightest bit surprised, he was after all one of the main targets on the 'slash the wage bill' list.

And yet he was given a new improved contract  :roll:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #43: Jul 22, 2014 06:06:49 pm
      Personally feel he isn't as great as everyone thinks. His good on the ball but i think defensively he is the most vulnerable center back we have only before Kolo. I think with a consistent run of games Sakho would prove himself to be the more solid choice alongside Lovren/Skrtel.

If he wants to leave he can and if he wants to stay he needs to prove himself better than the rest or get used to sitting on the bench, a team fighting to win all competitions they are involved in would never take any passengers, neither should we.

For a big CB he is pretty sh*t at heading the ball, at both ends of the pitch.
      Great coming out with the ball, and decent on the deck, he is pretty bad in the air, and teams have targeted that for a while now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,336 posts | 6386 
      Reply #44: Jul 22, 2014 06:15:52 pm
      Been noticing that he is ending all of his "tweets" on Twitter with Y.N.W.A...maybe nothign to it or maybe he's trying to send a subtle message that he's not really looking to leave.

Or maybe I'm just really bored and looking for something out of nothing.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #45: Jul 22, 2014 07:07:27 pm
      And yet he was given a new improved contract  :roll:

Missed that. :P ;)

What we're all the feckin rumours about him getting pushed out all about then and going to barca?

I give up.

Quick Reply