Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Javier Manquillo (Atletico Madrid)

Read 14957 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Javier Manquillo (Atletico Madrid)
      Jul 22, 2014 10:45:47 am
      SkyTransferCentre
      Liverpool look set to beat Arsenal to the signing of Atletico Madrid right-back Javier Manquillo, according to reports in Spain. Arsenal had reportedly been trying to sign Manquillo on loan, but were unable to agree a deal with Atletico. Liverpool have now stepped in and are closing in on a deal to sign the 20-year-old, who has also been linked with Marseille and Rayo Vallecano, on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal

Does this mean we'll sanction Johnson's sale? With Flanno & Kelly (Hendo as a wing-back during desperate times), we do have options
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Javier Manquillo (Atletico Madrid)
      Reply #1: Jul 22, 2014 10:54:28 am
      Does this mean we'll sanction Johnson's sale?
      I highly doubt it mate.

I would have thought it was important to strengthen the team (even if consolidation is one's only goal) and what you're suggesting wouldn't do that. Like it or not, Glen was very much a big part in Brendan's team (a team which performed very well); it'll take more than a very inexperienced, unproven, kid to dislodge him.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2: Jul 22, 2014 10:57:03 am
      Glen was very much a big part in Brendan's team (a team which performed very well); it'll take more than a very inexperienced, unproven, kid to dislodge him.

That's what I think as well. May be we'll send Kelly out on loan to a PL club or Championship. I feel this is the last-chance salon for Kelly. He aint a kid anymore. Make or break year
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 22, 2014 10:59:28 am
      I highly doubt it mate.

I would have thought it was important to strengthen the team (if consolidation is one's only goal) and what your suggesting wouldn't do that. Like it or not, Glen was very much a big part in Brendan's team (a team which performed very well); it'll take more than a very inexperienced, unproven, kid to dislodge him.

This all day
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #4: Jul 22, 2014 11:21:29 am
      Has he fully recovered from his neck injury yet? Looked pretty F***ing bad..

Ronaldo - Javier Manquillo horrible neck injury HD
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #5: Jul 22, 2014 12:27:27 pm
      @TonyBarretTimes: As reported in the Spanish media today, Liverpool are in for Atletico Madrid's Javier Manquillo. Hoping to get him on a season long loan.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #6: Jul 22, 2014 12:29:36 pm
      @TonyBarretTimes: As reported in the Spanish media today, Liverpool are in for Atletico Madrid's Javier Manquillo. Hoping to get him on a season long loan.

More loan deals..

Makes you wonder if we have actually got anything left to spend after Remy, Lovren and origi
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #7: Jul 22, 2014 12:43:30 pm
      More loan deals..

Makes you wonder if we have actually got anything left to spend after Remy, Lovren and origi

If we sign Remy & Origi, we would be at zero net spend (from the only sale so far). Money is there to buy Lovren & Moreno, and possibly one more attacking option. You're free to judge the "committee" on Aug 31

Not sure what he brings to the table that Flano doesn't?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,437 posts | 6428 
      Reply #8: Jul 22, 2014 12:50:01 pm
      More loan deals..

Not really, if it's a loan to buy it's likely we are going to use the loan year to see if he's really worth buying.

Would you have rather us signed Cissokho or Moses as opposed to loaning them first?

Really don't understand why people hate loans so much. It's a good way to try before you buy.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #9: Jul 22, 2014 12:54:51 pm
      Not really, if it's a loan to buy it's likely we are going to use the loan year to see if he's really worth buying.

Would you have rather us signed Cissokho or Moses as opposed to loaning them first?

Really don't understand why people hate loans so much. It's a good way to try before you buy.

Also a lot of he time the loan signings are not committed, as they know they are owned by a different club. Look at Sahin and Moses. Both were clearly stroppy cu*ts
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Jul 22, 2014 01:00:34 pm
      More loan deals..

Oh do shut up. All I'm wondering is if you have a bloody brain that switches from "doom" to "positive".

1) We loan him, he blossoms, you complain it should of been a permanent signing all along.

2) We sign him permanently, he fails, you complain he wasn't the proven quality we needed all along.

3) We loan him, he fails, you complain we should stop gambling on players.

4) He signs, he blossoms, we never hear another word from you again.

See you in 12 months.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,437 posts | 6428 
      Reply #11: Jul 22, 2014 01:01:48 pm
      Also a lot of he time the loan signings are not committed, as they know they are owned by a different club. Look at Sahin and Moses. Both were clearly stroppy cu*ts

Moses hasn't been committed anywhere he's been, Sahin hasn't exactly set the world on fire at Dortmund so those examples aren't really good. But again....if a player comes on loan and doesn't give his all, then buyer beware. It sounds like this kid actually prefers to play for us if you believe what is written, and since most of us don't know much about him other than his neck injury a loan seems like a safer option.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #12: Jul 22, 2014 01:11:34 pm

Rubbish. Lukaku, Barry and Delafou all had successful loan spells at the Bitters last season.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 22, 2014 01:36:32 pm
      He didn't blossom when I managed Athletico Madrid in football manager, so had to buy Torisidis from Roma as back up to Juanfran. Just saying
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #14: Jul 22, 2014 01:43:02 pm
      He didn't blossom when I managed Athletico Madrid in football manager, so had to buy Torisidis from Roma as back up to Juanfran. Just saying

This is true. I kept giving him a chance and he had stats I thought would improve but I fu**ed him off to Valladolid and got Corchia instead. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #15: Jul 22, 2014 02:12:30 pm
      Has he fully recovered from his neck injury yet? Looked pretty f**king bad..

Ronaldo - Javier Manquillo horrible neck injury HD

Ahhhh man!!!!!
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #16: Jul 22, 2014 03:22:53 pm
      Some reports saying that it's a 2 year loan deal with an option to buy for €6M.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/07/22/liverpool-thrash-out-two-year-loan-with-atletico-madrid-for-javier-manquillo/151146/
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #17: Jul 22, 2014 03:51:10 pm
      Bit of an odd one this. Would have liked McLaughlin to get a go if needed rather than a loan signing but I guess Brendan doesn't rate him yet.

I just hope this doesn't mean we've given up on a new LB and decided to go with Enrique/Flanno down the left and Johnson/Manquillo on the right.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #18: Jul 22, 2014 03:55:21 pm

Can't go really wrong at that price, innit?

I just hope this doesn't mean we've given up on a new LB and decided to go with Enrique/Flanno down the left and Johnson/Manquillo on the right

Dear God, that would cause a meltdown here, esp from the "mob" !!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19: Jul 22, 2014 03:58:48 pm
      I just hope this doesn't mean we've given up on a new LB and decided to go with Enrique/Flanno down the left and Johnson/Manquillo on the right.

I said to my brother earlier that it looks like we could be giving up the search for a new left back. Flanno looked very uncomfortable in some games last season at left back, the second half of the City match and the Cardiff match were evidence of this. Johnson will be hard to get rid of, I can't see where interest is going to come from so I think it will actually mean Flanagan is one of our 2 left backs.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #20: Jul 22, 2014 03:58:49 pm
      I actually prefer Johnson on the left but we are hardly going to compete with Chelsea and City when you compare their full backs and ours.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #21: Jul 22, 2014 03:59:23 pm
      2 year loan deal? Doesn't happen too often does it, last one I remember is Tevez?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Jul 22, 2014 04:07:01 pm
      2 year loan deal? Doesn't happen too often does it, last one I remember is Tevez?

Tello has just gone out on one too from Barca to Porto.

Quick Reply