Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 308763 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #1219: Apr 13, 2016 08:28:42 am
      That's quite cute coming from you.

Millions raped, piligied and ethnically cleansed by the English through Indian, south East and Australian " colonization" and you pull me up about the ustasa.

You couldn't write it up could you?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1220: Apr 13, 2016 08:29:59 am
      Coming from a Croatian point of view that's actually quite funny, you people aren't exactly known for your cultural or religious tolerance are you? :-)
      No but we've taken on board more refugees then Norway has.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1221: Apr 13, 2016 09:01:52 am
      Anyway Lovren, one of my favourite players. In all honesty if the whole Liverpool squad decided to say "f*** off" to their respective countries and not bother playing in the Euros it wouldn't bother me one bit.
      I think International football is in the very early stages of dying a slow death.

I can't see for the life of me why someone effectively saying the same thing should suddenly be accused of being xenophobic, but we live in strange times on here.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1222: Apr 13, 2016 09:34:54 am
      And here he comes..... The truth.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1223: Apr 13, 2016 09:43:23 am
      Anyway Lovren, one of my favourite players. In all honesty if the whole Liverpool squad decided to say "f*** off" to their respective countries and not bother playing in the Euros it wouldn't bother me one bit.
      I think International football is in the very early stages of dying a slow death.

I can't see for the life of me why someone effectively saying the same thing should suddenly be accused of being xenophobic, but we live in strange times on here.

Agree.

Weird argument going on in here as for me it is obvious what Beer meant.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1224: Apr 13, 2016 09:46:21 am
      When the post is from the Oswald Mosley of the forum I can see exactly why offence would be taken.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1225: Apr 13, 2016 12:26:16 pm
      Wow, that escalated quickly....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1226: Apr 13, 2016 12:56:03 pm
      No but we've taken on board more refugees then Norway has.

If you mean the desperate refugees who bought plane tickets up to the north of Russia, then bought bicycles and cycled over to Norway before being turned back then you may be right but if you include more than just last year then I seriously doubt it if you look at certain areas of Oslo and in any case almost certainly Norway has given far more in foreign aid than Croatia. In any case I'm sure Croatia is a perfectly charming place these days, I trust most of the buildings have been rebuilt by now.

In any case can we please get back to discussing Lovren rather than the pros and cons of Croatia Vs Norway.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1227: Apr 13, 2016 01:35:13 pm

Club before country for me too mate. All the better for Liverpool if he fucks Croatia off. Just wish a few more would and then we might not get as many injuries.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1228: Apr 13, 2016 01:40:39 pm
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1229: Apr 13, 2016 01:46:31 pm
      Club before country for me too mate. All the better for Liverpool if he fucks Croatia off. Just wish a few more would and then we might not get as many injuries.

Exactly. I genuinely believe that before we get to 2040, International football will be dead in the water. What with FIFA and UEFA being more corrupt by the day, all the diving, cheating etc I get less and less bothered to watch it. Only a matter of time before the players start downing tools too. An "I won't play for my country so therefore will be available for all club games" clause must be only round the corner for the top players, anything to give them more leverage to earn a few more quid.

You've only got to look at the effect the IPL has had on cricket, top players pulling out of test cricket to chase the higher pay in the reduced format. International football used to be a good "shop window" for emerging talent, it's not even much good for that anymore.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1230: Apr 13, 2016 01:57:15 pm
      Another player that has improved ten-fold under Kloppo.

Exactly. I genuinely believe that before we get to 2040, International football will be dead in the water. What with FIFA and UEFA being more corrupt by the day, all the diving, cheating etc I get less and less bothered to watch it. Only a matter of time before the players start downing tools too. An "I won't play for my country so therefore will be available for all club games" clause must be only round the corner for the top players, anything to give them more leverage to earn a few more quid.

You've only got to look at the effect the IPL has had on cricket, top players pulling out of test cricket to chase the higher pay in the reduced format. International football used to be a good "shop window" for emerging talent, it's not even much good for that anymore.

F**k it, just blame it on that drunken scotch nasty tw*t from down the East Lancs, it all started with him taking the new Georgie Best out of the Wales squad for every F***ing friendly they ever played.

Job done.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1231: Apr 13, 2016 02:04:16 pm
      I am aware of the situation.

I wonder if the same attitude and approach would apply from you  if he was an English Liverpool player a Milner or somebody who demanded he be in the starting 11. There are a very few players in the world who can demand they are in the starting line up and Dejan is not one of them.

Let's talk facts here now he has played one official game of the entire qualifying campaign and that was against Malta in September 2014 the rest he was missing through injury or dropped because of poor form. The other fact is that the coach and the association are a complete joke and a corrupt bunch (one can write a book on this) putting that aside and given Dejan's rough upbringing having to flee the country due to war he should be chomping at the bit to represent his country in any given role or capacity.

In summary I respect him a little less now.

Personally I couldn't give two shits about international football these days so Milner can say what he wants about England and whether he should be starting. The difference is though, Milner has been a 'squad player' for a number of years so it'd be nothing new to see him chilling on the bench at the Euros. My thinking on the matter in general is that if a manager takes advantage of a player, takes the piss or lies to him about being given game time and doesn't get it then he has the right to say whatever he wants and/or withdraw himself from future selection. If it benefits the club that pays the player's wages them I'm all for it. Not once did I say that I agree about players making demands to be starting though, demands never really work so it's a mute point.

Our very own Carragher retired from international duty once and he got slated for it in the media despite manager's taking the piss and leaving him out of squads. Only once he was retired did the national manager really take notice of him.

You respect him less because of this? :D Did you respect him any less when he told Southampton his head was already in Liverpool well before he signed? You need to man up and stop being soft.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1232: Apr 13, 2016 02:04:27 pm

F**k it, just blame it on that drunken scotch nasty tw*t from down the East Lancs, it all started with him taking the new Georgie Best out of the Wales squad for every f**king friendly they ever played.

Job done.

I always thought Giggs pretended to be injured so he could stay at home while his brother went to watch Wales...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1233: Apr 13, 2016 02:04:55 pm

F**k it, just blame it on that drunken scotch nasty tw*t from down the East Lancs, it all started with him taking the new Georgie Best out of the Wales squad for every f**king friendly they ever played.

Job done.

It's a fair point to be honest. Then you've got these f****** ridiculous friendlies where they make 9 changes in the second half, the FA's decision to keep the national stadium at Wembley, the decision to give the managers job to Roy Hodgson etc etc.

England games in the pub these days are lucky to get half the numbers you'd get for a Liverpool or a Man Utd game, and that's a pub in London. The average punter doesn't give a flying f*** if we can beat Lithuania by either four or seven goals.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1234: Apr 13, 2016 02:05:29 pm
      I always thought Giggs pretended to be injured so he could stay at home while his brother went to watch Wales...

:lmao:

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1235: Apr 14, 2016 08:07:06 am
      Personally I couldn't give two shits about international football these days so Milner can say what he wants about England and whether he should be starting. The difference is though, Milner has been a 'squad player' for a number of years so it'd be nothing new to see him chilling on the bench at the Euros. My thinking on the matter in general is that if a manager takes advantage of a player, takes the piss or lies to him about being given game time and doesn't get it then he has the right to say whatever he wants and/or withdraw himself from future selection. If it benefits the club that pays the player's wages them I'm all for it. Not once did I say that I agree about players making demands to be starting though, demands never really work so it's a mute point.

Our very own Carragher retired from international duty once and he got slated for it in the media despite manager's taking the piss and leaving him out of squads. Only once he was retired did the national manager really take notice of him.

You respect him less because of this? :D Did you respect him any less when he told Southampton his head was already in Liverpool well before he signed? You need to man up and stop being soft.

Well I give a sh*t about international football especially when my country is represented. I am not justifying the coaches actions or decisions he is a complete bell end who is out of his depth and only on the job due to corruption in Croatia. Given the circumstances he should have been proud and ready to bleed for the shirt having been personally impacted by the war.

The same Carragher who jumped at the first opportunity to return when Cappello came calling in 2010 and declared he will play anywhere for Engerrrland?

No I am not a fan of Southampton and don't really care for them much.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1236: Apr 14, 2016 11:19:36 am
      Well I give a sh*t about international football especially when my country is represented. I am not justifying the coaches actions or decisions he is a complete bell end who is out of his depth and only on the job due to corruption in Croatia. Given the circumstances he should have been proud and ready to bleed for the shirt having been personally impacted by the war.

The same Carragher who jumped at the first opportunity to return when Cappello came calling in 2010 and declared he will play anywhere for Engerrrland?

I can see that if you aren't English you are more likely to have more connection to your own national team, because aside from the French national team pretty much no other national association* takes the piss as much as ours. So I'd say F**k England. F**k them sideways off a cliff.
      But you have to understand that for us english fans who have had enough of everything international, we are going to be celebrating any of Liverpool's players F***ing off internationals.

* Well maybe the US. But that's mostly because everything they do is incredibly cringe-worthy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1237: Apr 14, 2016 11:48:08 am
      I can see that if you aren't English you are more likely to have more connection to your own national team, because aside from the French national team pretty much no other national association* takes the piss as much as ours. So I'd say f**k England. F**k them sideways off a cliff.
      But you have to understand that for us english fans who have had enough of everything international, we are going to be celebrating any of Liverpool's players f**king off internationals.

* Well maybe the US. But that's mostly because everything they do is incredibly cringe-worthy.
      What the hell did we do? Don't drag out slack ass team into this.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1238: Apr 14, 2016 12:22:56 pm
      What the hell did we do? Don't drag out slack ass team into this.
      Jürgen Klinsmann is your manager (would absolutely love it if he went to everton).
      "USMNT"
      The whole note thing last world cup.
      The memes about Tim Howard last world cup.
      The MLS

I've got more. Nothing against the USA, just whenever it comes to football you guys insist on making feel the same way I do when I watch the Inbetweeners.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1239: Apr 14, 2016 12:46:32 pm

Double standards here then. You're OK with him acting like this when we're about to sign him but flip your lid when it's to the detriment of Croatia.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1240: Apr 14, 2016 01:59:25 pm
      Jürgen Klinsmann is your manager (would absolutely love it if he went to everton).
      Ok ???
      "USMNT"
      We have a women's national team as well, it's just a designation, plus the men's team needs something so people recognize them since the Women's team is superior ;D
      The whole note thing last world cup.
      I'm not even sure what this is.
      The memes about Tim Howard last world cup.
      Howard was awesome during the last world cup, he deserved some meme's.
      The MLS
      The MLS is a good league. Maybe watch it before you knock it.

I've got more. Nothing against the USA, just whenever it comes to football you guys insist on making feel the same way I do when I watch the Inbetweeners.
      Fair enough, but football here is an up and coming sport (finally) and you are only going to hear more from us...now if we could only find 11 good players out of a country of 300+ million...you wouldn't think it would be that hard would you ;D

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1241: Apr 14, 2016 02:14:06 pm
      Double standards here then. You're OK with him acting like this when we're about to sign him but flip your lid when it's to the detriment of Croatia.
      Not at all he's refusing to play for mine and his country.

Don't give two shits about Soton.

Quick Reply