Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305172 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #1449: Apr 23, 2017 08:45:55 pm
      You just never feel safe with Lovren, never know what kind of game he's going to have and whether he can be trusted. 

And for those reasons, he most probably shouldn't be a first choice centre-back at Liverpool.  If he has three good games on the bounce then people are hailing him and in all reality we all expect much much more.

I Felt more comfortable with Skrtel at the back.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1450: Apr 23, 2017 08:47:29 pm
      Matip was just as bad today, I could honestly cry at the type of goals we concede, Sunday league defending!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1451: Apr 23, 2017 10:38:46 pm
      He has been good recently but last night him and a lot of his mates were sh*t.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1452: Apr 23, 2017 10:59:59 pm
      Defenders like keepers are going to be under a lot of scrutiny because their mistakes often lead directly to goals. Dejan isn't too bad but he'd be best as a backup that we don't need to rely on very often.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1453: Apr 24, 2017 07:01:20 am
      The bloke's a liability.

Not good enough for where this club wants to be, good enough for where this club is at.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2017 07:11:14 am by Beerbelly »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1454: Apr 24, 2017 08:36:34 am
      He has to go. He is 100% not champions league standard
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1455: Apr 24, 2017 01:24:11 pm
      Who bought Dejan Lovren? Damn it!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1456: Apr 24, 2017 02:22:31 pm
      Said numerous times before he's good on his day but too inconsistent and mentally weak.

Fine as a squad player but should not be starting games next season.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1457: Apr 24, 2017 04:59:22 pm
      Future Captain material this, passes straight to the opposition, dives in face first once the ball has gone. At least at the resulting corner he made up for it!?

Would be comedy gold if it didn't cost us so damn much.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm sorry but this is just awful!!! <a href="https://t.co/DHpQqja6d5">pic.twitter.com/DHpQqja6d5</a></p>&mdash; LFCTS (@LFCTS) <a href="https://twitter.com/LFCTS/status/856529556882288640">April 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1458: Apr 24, 2017 05:03:01 pm
      Future Captain material this, passes straight to the opposition, dives in face first once the ball has gone. At least at the resulting corner he made up for it!?

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm sorry but this is just awful!!! <a href="https://t.co/DHpQqja6d5">pic.twitter.com/DHpQqja6d5</a></p>&mdash; LFCTS (@LFCTS) <a href="https://twitter.com/LFCTS/status/856529556882288640">April 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

BigMick a bit quiet on this thread  :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1459: Apr 24, 2017 05:08:03 pm
      An utter sh*t cake of a performance.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1460: Apr 24, 2017 06:00:11 pm

You would have thought after the first mistake he made which cost us the goal, he would have learnt from it.

I actually don't blame the likes of Clyne and Matip for the first goal because of how shocked they were at Lovren's stupidity.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1461: Apr 24, 2017 06:03:45 pm
      You would have thought after the first mistake he made which cost us the goal, he would have learnt from it.

I actually don't blame the likes of Clyne and Matip for the first goal because of how shocked they were at Lovren's stupidity.

Nah to be fair Clyne needs bollocking for not sticking with Benteke, but Lovren wants F***ing for doing what he always does, dives in like a tw*t and gets made to look a F***ing divvy.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1462: Apr 24, 2017 06:06:13 pm
      Nah to be fair Clyne needs bollocking for not sticking with Benteke

True, but come on, put yourself in Clyne's shoes and ask yourself, wtf would you do if you saw what Lovren did for the first goal? Personally, I would just stand there shocked and think, WTF! and actually forget my duties :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1463: Apr 24, 2017 06:13:54 pm

Totally get your point mate and I was in total WTF mode when he did it. I just don't understand why he has to dive in so often. It's not like Lucas who actually judges his on the chance to get the ball, Lovren  just does it on impulse that isn't triggered by anything other than how nervous he's feeling is my personal opinion.

He's not quick even though he has this jack russell style of running where his legs move fast but he doesn't which has always bemused me a little. He loses his head far too easily and is far too inconsistent to be part of the number 1 pairing at the back. It's right that we're looking, yet again, for another starting LCB but with both Matip's and Lovren's injury problems we need to be damn sure they're made of tough stuff.

Must be something to do with Palace and to give Brendan his due I totally shared his reaction on this one too:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1464: Apr 24, 2017 06:14:49 pm
      True, but come on, put yourself in Clyne's shoes and ask yourself, wtf would you do if you saw what Lovren did for the first goal? Personally, I would just stand there shocked and think, WTF! and actually forget my duties :D

Clyne was too far up the pitch to get back to Benteke, in this instance Matip has to do more to cut out the cross.

But I agree with your Lovren statement really WTF.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1465: Apr 24, 2017 06:29:14 pm
      Clyne was too far up the pitch to get back to Benteke, in this instance Matip has to do more to cut out the cross.

Wrong, Clyne is right behind Benteke when he score's the first.

If Matip had thrown himself at that cross, he'd of probably put it past Mignolet himself!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1466: Apr 24, 2017 06:39:56 pm
      Wrong, Clyne is right behind Benteke when he score's the first.

If Matip had thrown himself at that cross, he'd of probably put it past Mignolet himself!!

Exactly Clyne is behind Benteke and never going to get to the ball before him.

harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #1467: Apr 24, 2017 06:57:54 pm

He's just been busy reminding everyone that he doesn't see what Gini brings to the team.... 😎
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1468: Apr 24, 2017 07:08:52 pm

In defence of the big fella, he has more off field issues to deal with..

Lovren, 3 years of inconsistency, if we can get back what we paid for him & his wages I'd be happy to cash in.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1469: Apr 24, 2017 08:04:56 pm
      Exactly Clyne is behind Benteke and never going to get to the ball before him.

So how was Matip going to clear it without knocking it past Mignolet or falling over and injuring his back again!!

And yeah I'm taking the piss, probably currently on suicide watch and fed the F**k up with our constant sh*te defending.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #1470: Apr 28, 2017 10:04:26 am
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/261714-dejan-lovren-signs-new-long-term-liverpool-contract

who ever decides on the timing of these things needs to have a long hard look at themselves

good on Lovren, but he has a long way to go if he wants to be considered as a sure bet in the 1st team.
      far too many mistakes, far too much talking off the pitch.

cant say i'm overwhelmed at this
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1471: Apr 28, 2017 10:14:57 am
      In defence of the big fella, he has more off field issues to deal with..

Lovren, 3 years of inconsistency, if we can get back what we paid for him & his wages I'd be happy to cash in.

Or keep him and buy a better CB and Lovren becomes the 3rd choice.

Lot of games potentially ahead and I'd not want to lose too many from this squad mate.

Quick Reply