Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 307091 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #1495: Apr 28, 2017 05:16:42 pm
      Lets wait and see if he is first choice CB next year as all the noises from the club are that we are looking for a new CB.

If he is a starter next year well we can look forward to more mediocrity.

Exactly, Matip has also proven to be relatively injury prone. Having decent back-up is essential.

Everyone with any sense says the best way to improve a squad is push your starters down to back-up, if this does that then I'm all in favour.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1496: Apr 28, 2017 07:14:39 pm
      Just seeing this now, that Dejan's signed a big new deal.
      Again, I don't dislike Lovren, and think him and Matip can be a pretty good pair, but you'd hope JĆ¼rgen has it in his mind to sign a real quality CB  (... is that pie I see up there!)
      Wholehearted guy, but prone to brainfarts that cost points.
      Still, well ahead of Klavan and Lucas, and even Gomez, in that position right now, which says a lot.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1497: Apr 28, 2017 11:26:34 pm
      Most people here are deluded if they think he'll get paid 100k/week to sit on the bench..the guy was part of a defence that let in 150 goals in the last 3 years and he gets a fcking pay rise..I thought this sh*t will stop when Klopp came in >:(

Probably puts to bed the rumours of Virgil IMO.

Cannot see that happening now. A club giving a player a bumper pay rise to sit on the bench and pay even bigger wages to the new guy coming in? Nah, not this lot.

Gomez to be third/ fourth choice along with Klavan.

Hope i am wrong but the cynic in me is saying, lessons haven't been learned. Remember the Mignolet deal, people were telling themselves he would be understudy to Karius  :D he was given a new contract to the quiet dismay of many and has made the spot his own. Same will happen to Lovren now.
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2017 11:37:48 pm by Beerbelly »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1498: Apr 29, 2017 07:30:08 am
      He deserves a new contract but not on 100K, no way. He should be our third choice after a new signing. He is needed because Matip isn't the most reliable defender fitness wise.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1499: Apr 29, 2017 10:00:28 am
      He deserves a new contract but not on 100K, no way. He should be our third choice after a new signing. He is needed because Matip isn't the most reliable defender fitness wise.
      FSG will approve pay rises to the like of Lovren but will not go that extra yard wages wise to sign Deli Ali ...? WTF... Dreading see who we sign this summer
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #1500: Apr 29, 2017 10:51:00 am
      If a person in the North West of England wins tonight's lotto I know who my money on
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1501: Apr 29, 2017 11:07:38 am
      FSG will approve pay rises to the like of Lovren but will not go that extra yard wages wise to sign Deli Ali ...? WTF... Dreading see who we sign this summer

Exactly, how on Earth FSG did not invest in potential key player like Alli, he wasn't a old, passed talent player.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1502: Apr 29, 2017 11:33:37 am
      BigMick a bit quiet on this thread

Yeah but he will, no doubt, be chuffed to F**k that JĆ¼rgen shares his confidence in Dejan, to the tune of one hundred grand a week.  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1503: Apr 29, 2017 12:25:16 pm
      Where's the tin foil hatters to say we only gave him a pay rise so we could sell him for more money?

They wouldn't shut the F**k up about it for 5 minutes when Coutinho got a new contract.

Oh, sorry, I see the "he's not worth X amount, our money is being wasted" nonsense is being trotted out instead.
      As you were.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #1504: Apr 29, 2017 01:21:47 pm
      Probably puts to bed the rumours of Virgil IMO.

Cannot see that happening now. A club giving a player a bumper pay rise to sit on the bench and pay even bigger wages to the new guy coming in? Nah, not this lot.

Gomez to be third/ fourth choice along with Klavan.

Hope i am wrong but the cynic in me is saying, lessons haven't been learned. Remember the Mignolet deal, people were telling themselves he would be understudy to Karius  :D he was given a new contract to the quiet dismay of many and has made the spot his own. Same will happen to Lovren now.

Pretty much..add to that Klopp's comments ā€œIf Dejan played for another club youā€™d think about signing him, and then you think what youā€™d have to pay for him and it would be big money. ā€œHe is only 27 ā€“ the best time for a centre-half is still to come.ā€ and you can say he rates him as a first choice.

I for one I am excited to see his best time..couldn't get any worse I suppose :-\
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1505: Apr 29, 2017 01:31:53 pm
      Where's the tin foil hatters to say we only gave him a pay rise so we could sell him for more money?

The difference is that one is a player in supposedly high demand, while the other... well, who on their right minds would want to buy Lovren from us if they'll likely have to pay him more than Ā£100k? Not many clubs can afford that and those that do generally have better defenders already.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #1506: Apr 29, 2017 01:45:58 pm

No reason to suppose JWH&Co will see any urgent need for signings, LFC are bobbing about at what they see as an acceptable level of success.
      Lovren can play to an acceptable level and on his day does the business.
      Royalties, advertising and gate receipts provide a more than acceptable return from an asset they refuse to sink their own money into.

Playing a blinder for the shareholders, executive and management who all take a cut from the 'acceptable level of success'.

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2017 02:04:16 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #1507: Apr 29, 2017 01:59:07 pm
      Most people here are deluded if they think he'll get paid 100k/week to sit on the bench..the guy was part of a defence that let in 150 goals in the last 3 years and he gets a fcking pay rise..I thought this sh*t will stop when Klopp came in >:(

The only way the sh*t would cease is if JWH&Co had fu**ed off when JĆ¼rgen arrived, impossible of course when Klopp is part of the next bullshit screen from our custodians.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1508: Apr 29, 2017 02:09:29 pm
      The difference is that one is a player in supposedly high demand, while the other... well, who on their right minds would want to buy Lovren from us if they'll likely have to pay him more than Ā£100k? Not many clubs can afford that and those that do generally have better defenders already.

The only place Coutinho is in high demand is in the rumours section of unreliable rags, and the delusions of some on this board, especially at 200k a week.

There's absolutely no difference in the 2 cases, except amongst those who delight in stirring sh*t.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1509: Apr 29, 2017 03:06:56 pm
      The only place Coutinho is in high demand is in the rumours section of unreliable rags, and the delusions of some on this board, especially at 200k a week.

There's absolutely no difference in the 2 cases, except amongst those who delight in stirring sh*t.

Yeah, right. Absolutely no difference. It's definitely very unrealistic to assume that big clubs are interested in Coutinho, and not in Lovren. I don't know in what world these people live.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1510: Apr 29, 2017 05:29:35 pm
      Yeah, right. Absolutely no difference. It's definitely very unrealistic to assume that big clubs are interested in Coutinho, and not in Lovren. I don't know in what world these people live.

Assume all you like, it doesn't make it true.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1511: Apr 29, 2017 05:58:16 pm
      Assume all you like, it doesn't make it true.

Nor does it make it false, which is your assumption.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1512: Apr 29, 2017 06:03:35 pm
      Nor does it make it false, which is your assumption.

Deary me  :roll:
      Yours is the burden of proof, but I forget that you just like to throw assumptions around and call them facts.
      Typical economist really, pretending his assumptions have a basis in reality.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1513: Apr 29, 2017 06:09:24 pm
      Deary me  :roll:
      Yours is the burden of proof, but I forget that you just like to throw assumptions around and call them facts.
      Typical economist really, pretending his assumptions have a basis in reality.

Haha, about time some random insult came up.

Burden of proof? For what? That there are big clubs interested in Philippe Coutinho?

I can't possibly prove that, although most sane, realistic, sensible people will probably agree that it is indeed very likely.

You can't possibly prove that there aren't clubs interested in him either, so you're just assuming stuff away, pretty much like me. Why do I have to prove it and you don't is beyond me :D

I'd suggest that understanding what are your assumptions and what is actual fact is an strength of many economists, though the uninformed often mistake them for the same thing - not really their fault, mind.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1514: Apr 29, 2017 06:23:03 pm
      Haha, about time some random insult came up.

Burden of proof? For what? That there are big clubs interested in Philippe Coutinho?

I can't possibly prove that, although most sane, realistic, sensible people will probably agree that it is indeed very likely.

You can't possibly prove that there aren't clubs interested in him either, so you're just assuming stuff away, pretty much like me. Why do I have to prove it and you don't is beyond me :D

I'd suggest that understanding what are your assumptions and what is actual fact is an strength of many economists, though the uninformed often mistake them for the same thing - not really their fault, mind.

I made no assumptions, you did, and now you're trying to say I made them to try and get out of your burden of proof.
      You make an assertion, you prove it, that's how it works.

You do this all the time, then try and make a big deal out of it, by trying to confuse the issue into something else and meandering around the point.
      You're just Stuey writing in a second language, another king of waffle with F**k all to say.

Bore someone else with your silly attempts at semantic games.
      I'm here to talk about football, not argue with arseholes playing silly games.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1515: Apr 29, 2017 06:51:11 pm
      Let's go in steps then. Slowly.

You said:

You expressly said above that Coutinho is not in high demand, and that believing so is delusional.

Can you prove this?

You know you can't. Hence this is your assumption: you are arguing based on the idea that Coutinho is not in high demand.

It is very simple, I'm not here to confuse anyone.

I, on the other hand, made a different assumption: that Coutinho is in high demand.

I believe mine is sensible and realistic - I can't possibly prove it, of course, nor can the opposite be done, unless you got some good inside information.

Anyway... this is the Dejan Lovren thread. Ā£100k :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1516: Apr 29, 2017 07:51:40 pm
      Let's go in steps then. Slowly.

You said:

You expressly said above that Coutinho is not in high demand, and that believing so is delusional.

Can you prove this?

You know you can't. Hence this is your assumption: you are arguing based on the idea that Coutinho is not in high demand.

It is very simple, I'm not here to confuse anyone.

I, on the other hand, made a different assumption: that Coutinho is in high demand.

I believe mine is sensible and realistic - I can't possibly prove it, of course, nor can the opposite be done, unless you got some good inside information.

Anyway... this is the Dejan Lovren thread. Ā£100k :D

No, I said where are all the tin foil hatters now, saying that Lovrens new contract means he'll be sold in the summer, like they did with Coutinho, then you decided to butt in and tried to make it into something else.

The point being that a scenario where players are given an improved contract so they can be sold is not only nonsensical, it's also pure fantasy, and shows the bizarre lengths some on here go to, just to pursue an agenda.

Absolutely no assumptions on my part whatsoever.
      More of a rhetorical question than anything.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1517: Apr 29, 2017 08:29:14 pm
      No reason to suppose JWH&Co will see any urgent need for signings, LFC are bobbing about at what they see as an acceptable level of success.
      Lovren can play to an acceptable level and on his day does the business.
      Royalties, advertising and gate receipts provide a more than acceptable return from an asset they refuse to sink their own money into.

Playing a blinder for the shareholders, executive and management who all take a cut from the 'acceptable level of success'.
      Oh So True  :)

Quick Reply