Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305169 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #1702: Oct 31, 2017 08:49:33 pm
      Christ sake mate, if you don't rate somebody fine, but if some f**king arsehole threatens his family he has every right to be pissed off. To accuse him of looking for sympathy is pretty pathetic in my book. Abuse should never get personal (this forum included) and it has clearly crossed the line, end of, why people have to be so f**king cynical about everything is beyond me, can't you separate lovren the person and lovren the player

I want to apologize to you for reacting angrily to your post about my post on Lovren. I know you are intelligent and I should never resort to that kind of inference in defending myself. I'm sorry and I've removed my response to you.

I honestly feel like in his comments, he brought the valid criticisms of his performance and associated it with this totally unacceptable post on his Instagram. Those are two entirely separate things to me.

If someone made a threat against my family I wouldn't go to the media, I'd go to the cops, which apparently he hasn't done. As I said before, by all means the post (even if its someone's idea of a sick joke), is totally disgusting and of course illegal and the guy should pay for it. There's no equivocation about that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1703: Oct 31, 2017 10:07:40 pm
      Players have always got abuse, nothing new in that, what isn't acceptable is some little F***ing scrote from Warrington throwing death threats around!!

Put us on the map though. Ikea, Kerry Katona and this soft lad.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1704: Oct 31, 2017 10:17:36 pm

Still wake up with the chills remembering atomic kiiten performing at half time at anfield
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1705: Oct 31, 2017 10:37:10 pm

Hahahaha!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1706: Oct 31, 2017 10:38:32 pm
      Still wake up with the chills remembering atomic kiiten performing at half time at anfield

Oh F**k yeah, that Sheff Wed game when Gerrard scored his first goal.

Was in the kop struggling to hear!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1707: Oct 31, 2017 11:03:15 pm
      If someone made a threat against my family I wouldn't go to the media, I'd go to the cops, which apparently he hasn't done.

Agree.

What did his family do? make us rest of the fans look bad,

Disagree.  1 dickhead in 800,000 followers on his social media.  If I'm being entirely honest here, having run a forum which is likely to feature way more coherent intelligent supporters than a picture sharing site, I'm surprised there was only one.

I don't think it reflects badly on Liverpool supporters at all.  If there was only 1 dickhead in every 800,000 people everyone's life would probably be amazing! 🤔
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1708: Nov 01, 2017 09:48:13 am
      I think it's clear that Lovren isn't a leader - so when he makes a mistake, he over criticises himself which leads to more lapses in concentration. He needs that leader-like character next to him to set his head right when he makes a mistake. I think we saw elements of this when Sakho was playing next to him. They were projecting that type of warrior like behaviour during matches and Lovren clearly thrived from that backing from his partner.

I don't think he gets this from Matip. Or Klavan. Matip and Klavan appear far too reserved characters to me from the stands.

Until we have different resources in that position, I feel Lovren will continue to wrestle with his own composure.

As for threats to him and his family. That's a F***ing disgrace.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1709: Nov 01, 2017 11:01:12 am
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/31/liverpool-dejan-lovren-disgusting-death-threats

Of two minds about this "news story."

Of course I have no time for any tw*t making death threats against anyone. If this person can be found, he deserves the full force of the law to appropriately punish him for such an awful statement (even if it is some kid in his parent's cellar).

On the other hand, it kind of seems like the article and Lovren's comment of ā€œhorrible what kind of people we haveā€ before adding in a second image: ā€œI donā€™t mind when people talk sh*t about me, it says more about them!" are mainly meant to draw sympathy. Yes, a fan (not a group of people based on the info in this article) went way over the line and should be dealt with according to law. But this is a different issue than the player's performances and his seeming lack of mental toughness.

And yes, he may well be in the team tomorrow evening...

No tolerance for any type of threat even from 'one of us'.

YNWA Dejan, just keep away from our team :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1710: Nov 01, 2017 11:22:12 am
      No tolerance for any type of threat even from 'one of us'.

YNWA Dejan, just keep away from our team :D

Or what? :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1711: Nov 01, 2017 11:29:22 am

ā€œWeā€™re doomed ah tell ye, doomedā€

Private Fraser, Dadā€™s Army ;)

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1712: Nov 01, 2017 12:33:20 pm

Or else all of us will be crying ... :P
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1713: Nov 01, 2017 02:06:54 pm
      I want to apologize to you for reacting angrily to your post about my post on Lovren. I know you are intelligent and I should never resort to that kind of inference in defending myself. I'm sorry and I've removed my response to you.

Respect that...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1714: Nov 02, 2017 05:23:46 pm
      In case someone hasn't read the letter which is an article on this site's web page.

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/opinion/guest-post/2017/dear-dejan-lovren/

Dear Dejan Lovren,

What a week it's been for you.  A nightmare at Wembley, England's national stadium, against Spurs.  After completely forgetting things such as the offside rule, defending for the first goal you then forgot about the laws of gravity for the second goal.

It can't have been any fun at all to be taken off after 31 minutes (It would have been 27 minutes if the ball hadn't have remained in play for an extraordinary amount of time.)

Soon after the game you disabled comments on Instagram, removed your profile picture temporarily and removed the name of your employer who pays you Ā£5 million a year.

Tough times indeed.

And then 1 of your 800,000 followers, apparently a child, issues you a 'death threat' via the social media commenting function.   A clearly worrying development, but not one you genuinely consider serious judging by your lack of communication to the police.

Better times ahead perhaps? Huddersfield at Anfield?

JĆ¼rgen names you in the team - he wants you to prove that last week was just a blip.

No.  Injured in the warm up.  Joel Matip passed the ball to you just that little bit quickly and, ouch, the thigh.

As it was - Liverpool won the game (with a clean sheet) and most LFC fans sighed relief at 3 points over a potential banana skin.

So despite the thigh injuries, the injections, the instagram nutter, the mad half-way line failed header and the general all-round poor play this is the only thing that is important.

You're not good enough to play for Liverpool.

Not the Liverpool we want it to be.  You might be good enough for a Liverpool who have suffered two straight relegations to League One.  Yeah, you could probably do a job there if needed.

But Liverpool in the Champions League? Liverpool wanting to break out of the 4-8 positions of the last 20 years and push for the title? Sorry Dejan, you're not quite up to it.

West Ham. Fenerbahce.  Real Sociedad.  I can picture your future.

Liverpool? No.

I think you know that Virgil van Dijk wasn't planned as Joel Matip's replacement.

I'm happy that you've had mega wages for a few years as a Liverpool player.  Our former manager did make some absolutely mad signings I'm sure you'll agree.  But as far as our future goes you shouldn't be in it.

Best of luck.

I'd change something .
      The last three words.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1715: Nov 02, 2017 05:26:08 pm
      That is an utterly pathetic letter.

Shame.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1716: Nov 02, 2017 07:10:32 pm

Shame.

Yep.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1717: Nov 02, 2017 07:53:26 pm

Shame.

I'm embarrassed for them! 😕
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1718: Nov 02, 2017 08:10:29 pm
      I hate hearing about the threats, in the end this is just Football and people need to get that. Threatening another mans family under any circumstance is low down and cowardly. But threatening them over a game (no matter how much you may love it)? I mean that's just stupid and idiotic. It's even more inexcusable than the goal that Dejan gave up against Sevilla or........ Insert Lovern gaffe here __________.

I had to take my shots, I just had too.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1719: Nov 20, 2017 01:27:47 am
      Thought he played pretty damn well at the weekend.
      Considering the amount of sh*t he has received, I reckon he is quite a strong fella, and personally am damn pleased for him.
      Canā€™t have been mentally easy to come back into the team, play with the supposed 3rd choice center back (klaven) and and play against the fella that the club and we fans have wanted in his place for over a year (VVD)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1720: Nov 20, 2017 07:45:32 am
      Thought he played pretty damn well at the weekend.
      Considering the amount of sh*t he has received, I reckon he is quite a strong fella, and personally am damn pleased for him.
      Canā€™t have been mentally easy to come back into the team, play with the supposed 3rd choice center back (klaven) and and play against the fella that the club and we fans have wanted in his place for over a year (VVD)

Letā€™s see Tuesday, Southampton were shocking up top.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1721: Nov 20, 2017 10:42:07 am
      Obviously Sevilla, will be a far sterner test, than Southampton where on Saturday, at Anfield. Playing Lovren will be a bold choice, although if Matip is unfit. He will no doubt be selected, which gives him a chance to at least redeem himself, if only on a temporary basis.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #1722: Dec 03, 2017 11:14:12 am
      I thought with the last few performances, this thread will be a lot busier with his praises. He seems to have turned a corner after that humiliation at Spurs and this is the best I have seen him play for us.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1723: Dec 10, 2017 04:09:29 pm
      How many games does he have to cost us before he's moved on for good?

Unreliable and mentally weak. Just after conceding the penalty, he started doing things he never did before in the game, like running forward with the ball, clearly trying to make up for his mistake. That's when he usually becomes even worse, and even more of a liability.

That pass before full time was the icing on the cake.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1724: Dec 10, 2017 04:18:59 pm
      Whilst the contact for penalty was soft I would have given it just because he's a dumb c**t for making any with the player running away from the goal and any danger.

Sick of him and he needs F***ing off.

Quick Reply