Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305180 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2001: Aug 11, 2018 04:58:33 pm
      People didn't complain when he played through the pain barrier using pain killers for us, don't believe it was done so we didn't sign another cb, in the same situation the vast majority of players would do the same with the incentive of a wc final on the horizon whether we kie it or not.

Yeah, that isn't the problem for me, totally understand his reason for playing through the pain, but not informing us during or after the world cup seems fu**ed up.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2002: Aug 11, 2018 05:06:07 pm
      Lovren last week:

Dejan Lovren: I'm ready to go again

Chris Shaw
      @__ChrisShaw
      Dejan Lovren is 'ready and fit' to start contributing to Liverpool's quest for success in the coming season.

The centre-back returned to Melwood on Monday morning to begin pre-season training following the conclusion of his post-World Cup holiday.

Lovren helped Croatia reach the final of the tournament in Russia, of course, just months after playing in the Champions League showpiece with the Reds.

And while the No.6 admitted he needed the benefits of a break from the game in the past few weeks, he is already raring to go again.

ā€œI could even play half an hour now!ā€ he told LFCTV during the build-up to Tuesday nightā€™s friendly with Torino at Anfield.

ā€œBut letā€™s go step by step. Letā€™s do the preparation and we will see what will happen on Sunday.

ā€œAfter the Champions League final, it was hard for me mentally to accept the defeat. Then I came to the national side and straight to the World Cup; it was quite difficult for me.

ā€œI got a break of three weeks and Iā€™m now ready and fit again, and full of desire to win many games here and hopefully we can win a couple of trophies.ā€

If that's not hiding an injury until the window has closed then mine's 12 inches on flop.

Deceit. Simple as.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2003: Aug 11, 2018 05:15:51 pm
      Yeah, that isn't the problem for me, totally understand his reason for playing through the pain, but not informing us during or after the world cup seems fu**ed up.

Agree with that, don't really get some comparing it to sakho though
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #2004: Aug 11, 2018 05:32:09 pm
      Dejan Lovren is a F***ing clown, has always been a clown and will forever be a clown. Always feeling sorry for himself and always playing the victim.

Am i the only person on this board who thinks the c**t should stay off social media and focus on trying to play football? His behaviour on social media has been disgraceful, he has claimed to be one of the best defenders in the world? His head is absolutely shot to bits. When have you ever heard a Liverpool player proclaim himself to be one of the best players in the world?

He claimed that he took us to the Champions League final and Croatia to the World Cup final. Listen to me Lovren you stupid c**t, football is a team game, you'll do well to remember that. There is only one person who agrees with these claims and that is your alter ego.

He is absolute dog sh*t, is a flat out pussy and is mentally challenged. How the F**k he ever got into this Club is beyond logical thinking but he needs to F**k off as soon as. He has been a disgrace to the shirt and has embarrassed us on the global stage. Spend less time on Instagram and Twitter and more time on practising defending you useless, selfish, self gratifying w**ker. 

Now do us all a favour and F**k off.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2005: Aug 11, 2018 05:37:55 pm
      Dejan Lovren is a f**king clown, has always been a clown and will forever be a clown. Always feeling sorry for himself and always playing the victim.

Am i the only person on this board who thinks the c**t should stay off social media and focus on trying to play football? His behaviour on social media has been disgraceful, he has claimed to be one of the best defenders in the world? His head is absolutely shot to bits. When have you ever heard a Liverpool player proclaim himself to be one of the best players in the world?

He claimed that he took us to the Champions League final and Croatia to the World Cup final. Listen to me Lovren you stupid c**t, football is a team game, you'll do well to remember that. There is only one person who agrees with these claims and that is your alter ego.

He is absolute dog sh*t, is a flat out pussy and is mentally challenged. How the f**k he ever got into this Club is beyond logical thinking but he needs to f**k off as soon as. He has been a disgrace to the shirt and has embarrassed us on the global stage. Spend less time on Instagram and Twitter and more time on practising defending you useless, selfish, self gratifying w**ker. 

Now do us all a favour and f**k off.

Don't hold back 👀
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2006: Aug 11, 2018 06:09:17 pm
      Not a clever move at all if true.

We should have bought a CB even if he wasn't injured though.

Dejan Lovren is a F***ing clown, has always been a clown and will forever be a clown. Always feeling sorry for himself and always playing the victim.

He is absolute dog sh*t, is a flat out pussy and is mentally challenged. How the F**k he ever got into this Club is beyond logical thinking but he needs to F**k off as soon as. He has been a disgrace to the shirt and has embarrassed us on the global stage. Spend less time on Instagram and Twitter and more time on practising defending you useless, selfish, self gratifying w**ker. 

Now do us all a favour and F**k off.

As over the top a post I've seen on here in quite a while.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2007: Aug 11, 2018 06:20:55 pm
      Dejan Lovren is a f**king clown, has always been a clown and will forever be a clown. Always feeling sorry for himself and always playing the victim.

He is absolute dog sh*t, is a flat out pussy and is mentally challenged. How the f**k he ever got into this Club is beyond logical thinking but he needs to f**k off as soon as. He has been a disgrace to the shirt and has embarrassed us on the global stage. Spend less time on Instagram and Twitter and more time on practising defending you useless, selfish, self gratifying w**ker. 

And he hates sheep shaggers 😉
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2008: Aug 11, 2018 06:54:19 pm

Decent player though that being said.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2009: Aug 11, 2018 07:07:19 pm

Now what do you really think about him ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2010: Aug 11, 2018 07:20:08 pm

Who doesnā€™t?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2011: Aug 11, 2018 07:29:34 pm

People who enjoy a bit of bestiality?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2012: Aug 11, 2018 07:48:25 pm
      I'm sorry but this whole 'hiding an injury so we wouldn't buy a CB' is complete fabrication.

He'll be fit in 2 weeks, in no circumstances would we buy another CB because Lovren is injured. We have VvD, Klavan, Gomez, Matip and Phillips along with Lovren. 7 centre backs is too many and 2 weeks on the shelf won't change that. Screw your heads back on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2013: Aug 11, 2018 08:17:12 pm
      I'm sorry but this whole 'hiding an injury so we wouldn't buy a CB' is complete fabrication.

He'll be fit in 2 weeks, in no circumstances would we buy another CB because Lovren is injured. We have VvD, Klavan, Gomez, Matip and Phillips along with Lovren. 7 centre backs is too many and 2 weeks on the shelf won't change that. Screw your heads back on.

How do you know how long till heā€™s fit? If he was hurt the whole World Cup thatā€™s what, over a month? Then a few more weeks after and heā€™s still hurting?

Thereā€™s no guarantee he will be fit anytime soon, especially if heā€™s actually injured and played through it because he could have damaged it further.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2014: Aug 11, 2018 08:35:03 pm
      How do you know how long till heā€™s fit? If he was hurt the whole World Cup thatā€™s what, over a month? Then a few more weeks after and heā€™s still hurting?

Thereā€™s no guarantee he will be fit anytime soon, especially if heā€™s actually injured and played through it because he could have damaged it further.

Just have a pretty good feeling he's not going to be out for a long time with a stomach injury, never heard of that keeping someone out for a long time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2015: Aug 11, 2018 08:57:16 pm
      Just have a pretty good feeling he's not going to be out for a long time with a stomach injury, never heard of that keeping someone out for a long time.

Really? If itā€™s an abdominal muscle injury those can take forever to heal. For a footballer (and most athletes) their core is integral just about everything they do.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2016: Aug 11, 2018 09:14:17 pm
      Really? If itā€™s an abdominal muscle injury those can take forever to heal. For a footballer (and most athletes) their core is integral just about everything they do.

He should be strong there to begin with so healing wonā€™t take as long. If he was able to play through it I donā€™t see how serious it could be
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2017: Aug 11, 2018 09:34:56 pm
      Undermines the club, very selfish behaviour. Also shows what he thinks of himself if he cant handle competition. Should be fu**ed off in january.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2018: Aug 12, 2018 12:56:57 am
      He should be strong there to begin with so healing wonā€™t take as long. If he was able to play through it I donā€™t see how serious it could be

Did you read his quotes? He said he couldnā€™t even sit down it was so painful. This sounds like Lovren being a dunce once again. And if he didnā€™t share this info with the club, thatā€™s about as bad as what Sakho did and we all know where that got him.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2019: Aug 12, 2018 03:14:41 am
      Agree with hardcore even though his choice of words were a little bit brutal  :lmao:

Average centre half at best who's always been a liability. Bit of a blessing in disguise for me this because I didn't want him in the team anyway and if it's true then I can't see klopp standing for it. Surely there are club rules in place about this kind of thing which Lovren has ignored.

If he's put himself before the club no matter what the circumstances are then sack him. We pay your wages dejan, your loyalty lies with us, and if it doesn't then cya.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2020: Aug 12, 2018 03:18:34 am
      Wait so this whole outrage is based on an internet rumour and one horribly translated article?

Not surprised with some of the usual Internet hardmen coming in for a pop but surprised and disappointed with some level headed and clued up posters who salivate over Klopp yet all of the sudden believe that such a man would be duped into not making a signing because he was given reassurance by one of his players.

If JĆ¼rgen wanted another CB he would haves signed one regardless of what Dejan or the tea lady said.

Absolutely incredible.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2021: Aug 12, 2018 08:00:18 am

You big tough c**t you!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2022: Aug 12, 2018 10:13:01 am
      Did you read his quotes? He said he couldnā€™t even sit down it was so painful. This sounds like Lovren being a dunce once again. And if he didnā€™t share this info with the club, thatā€™s about as bad as what Sakho did and we all know where that got him.

Don't quite trust anything that's been fired through google translate to be honest.

If it's all true and he's out for months I still don't think we would have bought a CB anyway.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because for everything that's been said, all the allegations and rumours about 'I'm fit to play' 'Don't want another CB coming in' 'not telling the club' 'playing through injury'... I just don't think anyone can be that thick...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2023: Aug 12, 2018 10:26:17 am
      Agree with hardcore even though his choice of words were a little bit brutal  :lmao:

Average centre half at best who's always been a liability. Bit of a blessing in disguise for me this because I didn't want him in the team anyway and if it's true then I can't see klopp standing for it. Surely there are club rules in place about this kind of thing which Lovren has ignored.

If he's put himself before the club no matter what the circumstances are then sack him. We pay your wages dejan, your loyalty lies with us, and if it doesn't then cya.

So we don't need Lovren now our 2nd best CB next to VVD and one of the best CB's in the World Cup?

Just because you don't like the player and knee jerked off a Google translated article without knowing the full facts.

Clueless.

Quick Reply