Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 307708 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,192 posts | 4910 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2208: Dec 21, 2018 06:11:37 pm
      I didn't comment on his comment about us being unbeaten, I very clearly only mentioned about him saying best defender in the world, by pointing out quality difference between the two centre backs. It's you who are taking nonsense, because you are arguing against an unmade point. You should read others posts clearly before arguing against them. Do you think Lovren is the best defender in the world then? Do you think Salah would say he's the best forward in the world? Sounds more like something Ronaldo would say after winning Balon D'or... do you understand why Lovren looks silly self proclaiming to be best in the world? He's not even best defender at Liverpool. About his unbeaten comments, I'll stay out of that one because everybody has their own thought processes and I'm unsure where I stand on it, but when Arsenal said that I got the feeling referees went very easy on them for a while.

You quoted me when I was posting about Dejan talking about going the season unbeaten mate so I think it's you who's got their wires crossed a little.

No big deal but on your point about Dejan saying he's the best CB in the world I'd sooner our players thought like that than not think they are good enough.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2209: Dec 21, 2018 06:48:33 pm
      This is why players of all clubs should have a shut up policy and let the club or press officer do the talking.
      I hope he hasnt given the Kiss Of Death on our run. Whether people think it or not we are not even  at  the half way point of the season.

Do your talking on the pitch Lovren.
      On the pitch.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,188 posts | 1636 
      Reply #2210: Dec 21, 2018 07:04:55 pm
      Lovren has regularly piped up when things are going well, but no other player feels the need to do this as regularly and he inevitably drops the ball. It smacks of false confidence imo.

This talk about doing things the Liverpool Way, Iā€™m pretty certain Kenny has regularly stated how at Liverpool we are humble.

For a player who has a few brain farts in his locker, he does seem to put unnecessary pressure on himself.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2211: Dec 27, 2018 10:25:04 am
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2212: Dec 27, 2018 10:39:32 am
      I think Lovren has been a solid premier league centre back for a few years now. He goes on runs where confidence can get him down, but having VvD and Alisson will help him with that
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,289 posts | 763 
      Reply #2213: Dec 27, 2018 10:51:04 am
      I am not the biggest fan of Lovren, but must admit, he took his goal well against Newcastle. Obviously a better player with VvD along side him as well.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2214: Dec 27, 2018 11:04:08 am
      Was shaky against Wolves but on it yesterday.

His distribution has come on a long way too.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2215: Dec 27, 2018 11:32:44 am
      There is a top defender in there its maybe the fact he needs to realise he is a top defender but not the best defender in the team never mind the world but he is looking really good alongside Virgil
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2216: Dec 27, 2018 01:36:15 pm
      Maybe when we give VVD the arm band permanently it will improve Lovren a little more.  Agree he needs to realise that he accept second best.  Not an embarrassment of any kind the bar finishes with him it doesn't  get higher.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2217: Dec 27, 2018 01:38:38 pm
      There is a top defender in there its maybe the fact he needs to realise he is a top defender but not the best defender in the team never mind the world but he is looking really good alongside Virgil

His brain is the problem mate.

He needs to calm down, and just play his game, although signs are good that he's finally getting it.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2218: Dec 27, 2018 01:39:08 pm
      He continues to put in good performances game after game which is what we need at this point of the season since we have limited bodies. Took his goal very well rifling it to the top corner. I am not big Lovern fan but since he been fit he pretty much picked up where he left off last season form wise which combined with emergence of Gomez gives us two great options to play with VvD.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2219: Dec 27, 2018 08:36:37 pm
      Maybe when we give VVD the arm band permanently it will improve Lovren a little more.  Agree he needs to realise that he accept second best.  Not an embarrassment of any kind the bar finishes with him it doesn't  get higher.

Virgil having the captaincy isnā€™t going to make the slightest bit of difference.
      Lovren is a much better player since being alongside Virgil, the armband makes no difference.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,848 posts | 3387 
      Reply #2220: Dec 27, 2018 08:43:06 pm

? Why is VVD getting the armband permanently ? Is there plans in place to change captain?

And VVD doesnā€™t need an armband to be a defensive influence on his partners

Lovren is doing fine and his confidence is a breath of fresh air - I have no doubt him and VVD and Gomez have a right giggle about his quotes
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2221: Dec 28, 2018 01:46:24 am
      Virgil having the captaincy isnā€™t going to make the slightest bit of difference.
      Lovren is a much better player since being alongside Virgil, the armband makes no difference.

So has Gomez and Matip.  I give the credit Virgil for the improvement Lovren's game he is the perfect Centre back partner and a  excellent leader.   
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2222: Dec 28, 2018 01:52:19 am
      Lovren should once in a while take a leaf out of Robertson's book!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2223: Dec 28, 2018 02:12:06 am
      So has Gomez and Matip.  I give the credit Virgil for the improvement Lovren's game he is the perfect Centre back partner and a  excellent leader.   

Nobody is saying Gomez and Matip havenā€™t improved alongside Virgil too. What people are saying is why would having Virgil as captain make any difference. He will be just as commanding and have the leadership that he already has now.

Lovren should once in a while take a leaf out of Robertson's book!

For what reason? To bomb up and down the pitch for 90mins and swing in crosses? Itā€™s not his role.

I really donā€™t know what you are getting at by thinking Lovren will play better with Virgil as captain and by taking a lead out of Robboā€™s book. Youā€™re making no sense at all.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2224: Dec 28, 2018 01:35:23 pm
      It started with a bit of tongue in cheek.   Lovren has a lot to say but yet to hear him say how brilliant VVD has been.  Robertson was the latest person to give VVD a glowing compliment.   
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,686 posts | 3707 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2225: Dec 28, 2018 05:34:48 pm
      He f***in improved. What he had was that he was thinking about others and lost consentration of his own.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2226: Dec 31, 2018 11:40:07 pm
      Then why post it if you know itā€™s not credible? Itā€™s essentially what youā€™ve had a pop at me for about personal gratification. You saw it, took it the way you did and posted it, not expecting a big deal to be made out of it. Same with my take on a simple thing which in all honesty, isnā€™t as bad as posting un-credible stuff about off field problems...

On ā€œshithouseā€ Henderson last month -

On the back of Hendo having a poor game, to which virtually everybody was slating him, including you, more than happily.
      I am happy to give players plenty of praise and say how good they are, donā€™t care who they are, if they are in good form or playing well I say it. Like wise I will say when itā€™s the opposite.
      For you though the second someone says a bad word about Lovren you start saying stuff thatā€™s wrong with this club is certain fans, the way some fans view things etc. Yet no one is calling Lovren a ā€œshithouseā€ and ā€œregressingā€. There is no personal gratification being sought after by saying I think Lovren talks too much and should just concentrate on his football. Have some consistency before you start saying about whatā€™s wrong with fans, getting behind the team and players etc from a moral high ground.

Donā€™t have the time life is too short to go back and dig through your posts every time you have criticized a player after a poor performance but you have numerous times and in this particular thread. So cut the holier than though sh*t what you have picked out of the Henderson thread is what was said in the heat of the moment after a bad result and poor performance. Iā€™m not in his thread criticizing the lad and picking out performances and comments constantly Iā€™ve never seen him as the problem nor the solution and Iā€™ve said as much in the past.

My defense of the player and criticism of certain supporters in this thread was an echo of many other rational fans and journalist in fact Ian Doyle of the Echo did a piece on the latest non event surrounding Lovrens comments.

Some are for ever waiting with their knives out for the lad to make a mistake or comment so they can sh*t on him. Iā€™m just glad that after those ā€œcontroversialā€ comments his kicked on and scored a worldy in contrast to the supposed F**k ups that were to happen and end our league run.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2227: Jan 01, 2019 12:36:24 am
      Donā€™t have the time life is too short to go back and dig through your posts every time you have criticized a player after a poor performance but you have numerous times and in this particular thread. So cut the holier than though sh*t what you have picked out of the Henderson thread is what was said in the heat of the moment after a bad result and poor performance. Iā€™m not in his thread criticizing the lad and picking out performances and comments constantly Iā€™ve never seen him as the problem nor the solution and Iā€™ve said as much in the past.

My defense of the player and criticism of certain supporters in this thread was an echo of many other rational fans and journalist in fact Ian Doyle of the Echo did a piece on the latest non event surrounding Lovrens comments.

Some are for ever waiting with their knives out for the lad to make a mistake or comment so they can sh*t on him. Iā€™m just glad that after those ā€œcontroversialā€ comments his kicked on and scored a worldy in contrast to the supposed f**k ups that were to happen and end our league run.

Wow, itā€™s taken near on 2 weeks and this is your reply... which also completely avoids the part about knowingly posting un-credible stuff and the part where I admitted to slating players...
      You need to let sh*t go and celebrate New Year like everyone else because you say you donā€™t have the time to waste but clearly you do if you are spending the turn of the year replying to something from nearly 2 weeks ago.
      « Last Edit: Jan 01, 2019 12:50:31 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2228: Jan 01, 2019 06:50:12 am
      Wow, itā€™s taken near on 2 weeks and this is your reply... which also completely avoids the part about knowingly posting un-credible stuff and the part where I admitted to slating players...
      You need to let sh*t go and celebrate New Year like everyone else because you say you donā€™t have the time to waste but clearly you do if you are spending the turn of the year replying to something from nearly 2 weeks ago.

I just didnā€™t see your reply until yesterday have had hardly any time to even check the forum with life at this time of year getting in the way.

Oh yeah I had a great night celebrating doesnā€™t look like you did as your posting on the forum at 1am. Donā€™t bother giving me any advice thanks not going to take any from someone who knowingly continoues to support and allow that F***ing  xenophobe to spout his sh*t on here.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2229: Jan 01, 2019 07:15:49 am
      I just didnā€™t see your reply until yesterday have had hardly any time to even check the forum with life at this time of year getting in the way.

Oh yeah I had a great night celebrating doesnā€™t look like you did as your posting on the forum at 1am. Donā€™t bother giving me any advice thanks not going to take any from someone who knowingly continoues to support and allow that f**king  xenophobe to spout his sh*t on here.

Starting 2019 in a positive mood I see!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2230: Jan 01, 2019 06:11:13 pm

Oh yeah I had a great night celebrating doesnā€™t look like you did as your posting on the forum at 1am. Donā€™t bother giving me any advice thanks not going to take any from someone who knowingly continoues to support and allow that f**king  xenophobe to spout his sh*t on here.

Another well thought out reply...again completely avoiding the part about knowingly posting un-credible stuff...
      Well Iā€™m 13 hours ahead of the U.K so it was getting on for mid afternoon for me...

Quick Reply