Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Premier League] Sat 24th Aug @ 5:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W14 D6 L2

Dejan Lovren Player Thread

Read 146524 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,881 posts | 1054 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2300: Jan 05, 2019 01:40:55 pm

What’s he said that’s made you laugh and react that way mate?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,635 posts | 1118 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2301: Jan 05, 2019 01:53:46 pm
      Haha absolutely ridiculous that the so called “hoof” ball to Virgil is even a talking point. TAA overhits about 5 crosses a game and it’s all shrug the shoulders stuff. A centre half lobs a Hail Mary ball 60 yards in the 95th minute and for some reason it’s a talking point. Nothing against Virgil for reacting the way he did as it was heat of the moment stuff that happens between players on the pitch but the fact that’s discussed by fans 2 days later is just ludicrous.

Glad your amused. Bringing Trent into the argument as a defence?? You might as well use the Chewbacca defence
      Dadorious

• 8,881 posts | 1054 
      Reply #2302: Jan 05, 2019 01:56:46 pm
      Glad your amused. Bringing Trent into the argument as a defence?? You might as well use the Chewbacca defence

Nothing to defend just calling out the ridiculousness of the post.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,493 posts | 2497 
      Reply #2303: Jan 05, 2019 02:05:17 pm
      To be fair and balanced......I think he did go to sleep a little on Aguero but - in my opinion and as I’ve stated before - his issue was more the early yellow making him stand off.

There were a few head’s gone moments 2nd half - that’s the real weakness in Degsy’s game for me. One mistake becomes 3-4 quickly.

I do agree though that as impressive as VVD is always - he isn’t perfect and it’s not always the other guy’s fault. Sometimes it’s a partnership failing.

I don’t think he was perfect for either Arsenal goal this season or the two here. He doesn’t get the stick because he performs heroics every game and that’s fair enough.

All people are pleading for is a little more balance. When the lynching cries start it really does say more about an individual’s need to blame than it does your appreciation of what you’re watching.

He’s been decent since he came back Degsy - really wasn’t too clever Thursday but he’s gonna be a vital part of this squad so we best get used to it......again.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #2304: Jan 05, 2019 02:18:26 pm
      To be fair and balanced......I think he did go to sleep a little on Aguero but - in my opinion and as I’ve stated before - his issue was more the early yellow making him stand off.

There were a few head’s gone moments 2nd half - that’s the real weakness in Degsy’s game for me. One mistake becomes 3-4 quickly.

I do agree though that as impressive as VVD is always - he isn’t perfect and it’s not always the other guy’s fault. Sometimes it’s a partnership failing.

I don’t think he was perfect for either Arsenal goal this season or the two here. He doesn’t get the stick because he performs heroics every game and that’s fair enough.

All people are pleading for is a little more balance. When the lynching cries start it really does say more about an individual’s need to blame than it does your appreciation of what you’re watching.

He’s been decent since he came back Degsy - really wasn’t too clever Thursday but he’s gonna be a vital part of this squad so we best get used to it......again.
      he went to sleep against Napoli, Alisson saved us. Alisson is fantastic but he's not going to be able to save everything, people only seem to notice the mistakes we get punished for, we need to also notice the ones we are lucky to get away with. If he got us knocked out the champions league, would your opinion still be "he's been decent since he came back"?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,493 posts | 2497 
      Reply #2305: Jan 05, 2019 02:24:16 pm
      he went to sleep against Napoli, Alisson saved us. Alisson is fantastic but he's not going to be able to save everything, people only seem to notice the mistakes we get punished for, we need to also notice the ones we are lucky to get away with. If he got us knocked out the champions league, would your opinion still be "he's been decent since he came back"?

Honestly Ribs?

Yes - because I’d judge the error and not the impact.

Maybe it’s a coaching thing - I dunno - but that is how I process.

Same in life to be fair.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #2306: Jan 05, 2019 02:39:26 pm
      Honestly Ribs?

Yes - because I’d judge the error and not the impact.

Maybe it’s a coaching thing - I dunno - but that is how I process.

Same in life to be fair.
      think that's the best way, judge the possible impacts not just the actualised impact.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,493 posts | 2497 
      Reply #2307: Jan 05, 2019 02:46:56 pm
      think that's the best way, judge the possible impacts not just the actualised impact.

Each to their own.

I tend to think impact distorts.

In generic terms I’d be more concerned about a defender who kept getting away with mistakes rather than one who got punished for every occasional error.

Like I say - thats how I am in life - but you are entirely entitled to do the complete opposite.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2308: Jan 05, 2019 02:59:05 pm
      Not sure this proves anything mate, why would anyone dwell on a mistake by an opponent’s player. It’s not as if the error was catastrophic, he just hesitated for some reason and Aguero picked his pocket.

Listen, if people are saying he is 3rd/4th choice centre back, then I agree we are not going to get much better. When you self proclaim that you are one of the best defenders in the world, however, you leave yourself open to ridicule when you make basic mistakes.

OK maybe that was a bad analogy... what I am trying to say see we see it as Lovren's mistake when in fact i spoke more of Aguero's nonce and cunning than any fault of Dejan Lovren and it could quite easily have happen to any of our back four...
      Sh!t happens sometime
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,635 posts | 1118 
      Reply #2309: Jan 05, 2019 03:36:50 pm
      Nothing to defend just calling out the ridiculousness of the post.

Ridiculous post? Righthy o my good man ..be seeing you..
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,449 posts | 436 
      Reply #2310: Jan 05, 2019 04:40:45 pm
      OK maybe that was a bad analogy... what I am trying to say see we see it as Lovren's mistake when in fact i spoke more of Aguero's nonce and cunning than any fault of Dejan Lovren and it could quite easily have happen to any of our back four...
      Sh!t happens sometime
      Fair play mate, not many strikers in the world score from that situation, I just thought our lad could have done more.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #2311: Jan 05, 2019 05:55:08 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,635 posts | 1118 
      Reply #2312: Jan 05, 2019 06:04:33 pm

Its the top one...cringey as fook
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,331 posts | 474 
      Reply #2313: Jan 05, 2019 06:18:46 pm
      It's f***in sad that gobs***e fans go out of there way to find shitty f**king pics trying to put down a liverpool player.Then post them on a liverpool forum,then get all precious and pious when others call them a c**t.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3670 
      Reply #2314: Jan 05, 2019 06:44:14 pm
      Rafa used to say all goals come from a mistake so in 21 games we have made 9 mistakes. Dejan isn't a very attractive players he isn't like Virgil who glides across the pitch and reads the game so well he is a full on old fashioned get stuck in defender.
      Despite what some say I cant recall anyone who say he is the best CB we have ever seen we are saying lets be realistic about our current position and not try and destroy his confidence as he is vitally important to us and playing Milner or Fab alongside Virgil isn't going to work is it.
      I think Aguero is the type of player he struggles with he is small quick and strong too. His biggest problem is not his technical abilitiy its his ability to read the game and sniff our trouble leaving Aguero on the floor and then losing him cost us his momentary lapse was heavily punished by probably the only player who could.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,888 posts | 2126 
      Reply #2315: Jan 05, 2019 06:45:41 pm
      Its the top one...cringey as fook

Not for me Brian.

I'm all for a player who backs himself especially when he's one of ours.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,635 posts | 1118 
      Reply #2316: Jan 05, 2019 07:50:00 pm
      Not for me Brian.

I'm all for a player who backs himself especially when he's one of ours.

Im all for it if they back it up, he never. Thats my issue with him. Claims things like that but when pressure is on he turns into Nicky Tanner.

Look at the lad beside him, as far as i know hes made no claims but week in week out SHOWS hes most likely the best in the world.

In short its not that Lovern isnt the best that gets at me its the factbhe thinks he is but never once has come close to showing it.

The fact im open and honest about it with you lads doesnt mean I dont want him to shove it back down my throat, id love if he did
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,516 posts | 1225 
      Reply #2317: Jan 05, 2019 07:56:38 pm
      Still got no issue with him as a second string centre back. Not great but can do a good job.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,888 posts | 2126 
      Reply #2318: Jan 05, 2019 08:01:46 pm
      so you're cool with it players looking as stupid as Pickford? Okaaaay....

No idea what you're on about now Rip as I pay little attention to what Pickford says and does.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #2319: Jan 05, 2019 08:09:25 pm
      No idea what you're on about now Rip as I pay little attention to what Pickford says and does.
      Pickford thinking he was better than Alisson then making a blunder? Was hilarious.
      Just saying Lovren has done something similar.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 505 
      Reply #2320: Jan 05, 2019 08:30:21 pm
      Tayls

• 5,021 posts | 342 
      Reply #2321: Jan 05, 2019 08:36:25 pm
      Posting memes that were created to take the piss out of Liverpool players, on a Liverpool fan forum.  :action-smiley-060:
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,091 posts | 538 
      Reply #2322: Jan 05, 2019 11:58:40 pm

Hold on.. is that last quote what this is all about?

He said that weeks ago. Way before the Man City game, and as I evidenced at the time, Firmino had said the same thing.

Ridiculous. 2 goals we conceded... the highest total in any PL game. 2 goals. Just 2 goals!! How does that show Lovren in a bad light?! If Mane had scored one of his chances.. we'd still be unbeaten right? And Lovren's quote would still be on track right?

It's not like we've gone out there and got trounced. We've been really strong defensively since Lovren said those words.

One game against another great side.. 2 goals conceded.. doesn't change that.

Oh, and sorry Walton..  ;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #2323: Jan 06, 2019 07:10:18 am
      Hold on.. is that last quote what this is all about?

He said that weeks ago. Way before the Man City game, and as I evidenced at the time, Firmino had said the same thing.

Ridiculous. 2 goals we conceded... the highest total in any PL game. 2 goals. Just 2 goals!! How does that show Lovren in a bad light?! If Mane had scored one of his chances.. we'd still be unbeaten right? And Lovren's quote would still be on track right?

It's not like we've gone out there and got trounced. We've been really strong defensively since Lovren said those words.

One game against another great side.. 2 goals conceded.. doesn't change that.

Oh, and sorry Walton..  ;)
      it's not meant to be taken too seriously, just sods law kind of thing.
      andylfcynwa

• 7,575 posts | 827 
      Reply #2324: Jan 06, 2019 09:25:00 pm
      Watched that game back today have to say thought he had a very poor game not my favourite cb to be honest hope Joe is fit sooner rather than later 
      Always got a brain fart in him

Quick Reply