Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Premier League] Wed 15th Jul @ 8:00 pm
      Emirates Stadium

Today is the 14th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W3 D2 L0

Dejan Lovren Player Thread

Read 196190 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,492 posts | 3666 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2525: Mar 03, 2020 07:08:15 pm
      Not even on the bench tonight. Telling.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,486 posts | 4481 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2526: Mar 03, 2020 07:08:53 pm
      possibly because he knows destroying people in public or someone he has worked with for 4 years isn't smart in any scenario he would have got rid just like Sakho if he didn't think he could do a job.

Well that’s a poor comparison. Sakho wasn’t removed from the team and sold because of performance, it was his attitude. As far as Lovren goes, he’s far from hitting the heights in ability but you can’t fault his professionalism.

Baffled why you’ve tried to use the Sakho situation as a comparison. Klopp isn’t going to come out and slate his player in the media because what’s said behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors. Whether Lovren is sold or not this summer will determine the opinion on Lovren going forward.
      Regardless of how a player performs, they know they have that trust with Klopp that he will back them for as long as they are at the club and won’t slate any of them off.

The fact Lovren is left out of the team tonight entirely speaks for itself in terms of being able to “do a job”.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,702 posts | 1627 
      Reply #2527: Mar 03, 2020 08:34:27 pm
      Well that’s a poor comparison. Sakho wasn’t removed from the team and sold because of performance, it was his attitude. As far as Lovren goes, he’s far from hitting the heights in ability but you can’t fault his professionalism.

Baffled why you’ve tried to use the Sakho situation as a comparison. Klopp isn’t going to come out and slate his player in the media because what’s said behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors. Whether Lovren is sold or not this summer will determine the opinion on Lovren going forward.
      Regardless of how a player performs, they know they have that trust with Klopp that he will back them for as long as they are at the club and won’t slate any of them off.

The fact Lovren is left out of the team tonight entirely speaks for itself in terms of being able to “do a job”.

To be fair Sakho really was sh*te. Managed to convince many a red he was captain material but he was sh*t.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,521 posts | 364 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2528: Mar 03, 2020 11:43:41 pm
      Feel a bit bad now....
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,059 posts | 106 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2529: Mar 04, 2020 12:23:31 am

IMO we can’t be having 2 experienced CB’s that need 4,5,6 games in order to find a level of consistency because what happens if we lose Virgil and Joe at the same time? We end up with 2 experienced players struggling and putting in a performance like they did vs Shrewsbury together because they need a run of games. It can be very costly.

I agree with injury playing a bit in finding your form but I don't think experience or age plays that much factor. If you never played football in a couple months if you 21 or 31 you going to be rusty. The thing with Milner situation is he can come off the bench for playing time to ease in or keep sharp. CB position don't really have that option as they pretty much only come on for injury or kill injury time.

I agree Lovren better off somewhere else and he would of been if Roma didn't dick around but he played a part in this title winning season.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2020 05:42:44 am by adammac »
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 267 posts | 81 
      • up the reds
      Reply #2530: Jul 12, 2020 08:39:48 pm
      Zenit St Petersburg  interested according to Paul Joyce
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,492 posts | 2848 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #2531: Today at 07:41:33 am
      Zenit St Petersburg  interested according to Paul Joyce

Yes they apparently are but we are seemingly going to extend his contract ? To 2022.

There must be backroom financial alchemy going on to do that if we are selling him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53391746
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,492 posts | 2848 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #2532: Today at 07:45:37 am

Was.
      Always played the ball like he was frightened of touching it.
      Another accident always waiting to happen.

Disrespected Klopp and others on a U.S. trip .... so goodbye.

Took a good video of Alcatraz though. Could have left him there.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,916 posts | 774 
      Reply #2533: Today at 08:46:18 am
      Yes they apparently are but we are seemingly going to extend his contract ? To 2022.

There must be backroom financial alchemy going on to do that if we are selling him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53391746

Wow! Just read that quote from BBC  :o :o  :o
      I'm flabbergasted, I really thought you would of sold him this summer. He's barely a squad player and for me let you down to many times. I remember that quote he came out with when he said he was the best defender in the country or words to that effect.  :lmao:

Seriously all he is ( or should be ) is a back up player at best. He has the odd decent game and that's it. Makes too many mistakes for my liking. If this happens it basically confirms you won't be spending much, if any in the transfer market.

What it does do is give other teams chances of catching you guys up, yes I know we're miles behind  ;D but least your not improving from my perspective.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 601 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2534: Today at 10:02:37 am
      To be fair to him when he's given a run of games he isn't too bad, but when he's thrown into the team for the odd game he seems to completely lose the plot, gets dragged into pointless battles, appears to try "too hard" as if he's got a point to prove and looks way out of sync with the rest of the team. Not really somebody you'd want as a 4th choice CB
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,916 posts | 774 
      Reply #2535: Today at 10:05:44 am
      To be fair to him when he's given a run of games he isn't too bad, but when he's thrown into the team for the odd game he seems to completely lose the plot, gets dragged into pointless battles, appears to try "too hard" as if he's got a point to prove and looks way out of sync with the rest of the team. Not really somebody you'd want as a 4th choice CB
      What's your thoughts on him getting another contract based on him being your 4th choice CB?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,192 posts | 1420 
      Reply #2536: Today at 10:20:01 am
      What's your thoughts on him getting another contract based on him being your 4th choice CB?

He's not exactly the worst 4th choice CB. He's better than Phil Jones at least.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,916 posts | 774 
      Reply #2537: Today at 10:21:54 am
      He's not exactly the worst 4th choice CB. He's better than Phil Jones at least.

Really! Think their both as bad as each other.  :lmao:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 601 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2538: Today at 10:36:50 am

He done pretty well for us at the start of the season, had a good run of games when Matip & Gomez were both out with long term injuries but since the new year he's had odd games / minutes off the bench and near enough every time he's been thrown in I think he's cocked up some way or another. I don't think he's somebody you can just slot in from time to time and he'll do a job
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,486 posts | 4481 
      Reply #2539: Today at 11:00:59 am

He’s only getting a new contract because we are triggering an extension in his current deal, that way we can’t lose him for free in a year and we can command a higher fee for him this summer.
      Think the fact we’ve lost Moreno, Clyne, Can and Lallana for free, it’s a case of trying to make sure that doesn’t happen again because we need every penny we can get now it seems in order to strengthen the team. Add into the equation that we could lose Wijnaldum for free in a year. That’s a lot of money on transfers there that we’ve then failed to get any money from their departures.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,492 posts | 2848 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #2540: Today at 11:20:16 am
      He’s only getting a new contract because we are triggering an extension in his current deal, that way we can’t lose him for free in a year and we can command a higher fee for him this summer.
      Think the fact we’ve lost Moreno, Clyne, Can and Lallana for free, it’s a case of trying to make sure that doesn’t happen again because we need every penny we can get now it seems in order to strengthen the team. Add into the equation that we could lose Wijnaldum for free in a year. That’s a lot of money on transfers there that we’ve then failed to get any money from their departures.

Thats the alchemy...

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,916 posts | 774 
      Reply #2541: Today at 11:24:59 am

Now that would make sence KK. Do you think he should be replaced though given the chance?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,916 posts | 774 
      Reply #2542: Today at 11:25:40 am

F**k sake  :f_doh: Had to google what that meant.  :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,486 posts | 4481 
      Reply #2543: Today at 11:47:41 am
      Now that would make sence KK. Do you think he should be replaced though given the chance?

Absolutely, he should have been replaced a few years ago.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,916 posts | 774 
      Reply #2544: Today at 11:56:59 am
      Absolutely, he should have been replaced a few years ago.

Me too, said openly in his thread while ago he's a weak link. However, more than happy if they give him 4 year contract and play him every week.  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,486 posts | 4481 
      Reply #2545: Today at 01:05:07 pm
      Me too, said openly in his thread while ago he's a weak link. However, more than happy if they give him 4 year contract and play him every week.  ;D

It’s like having Harry Maguire but as 4th choice instead of 1st  ;)

But on a serious note, I really do think he should have been long gone by now, it’s a miracle that him and Mignolet have been/were at the club for so long.
      « Last Edit: Today at 01:12:28 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,317 posts | 2342 
      Reply #2546: Today at 02:21:19 pm
      Wow! Just read that quote from BBC  :o :o  :o
      I'm flabbergasted, I really thought you would of sold him this summer. He's barely a squad player and for me let you down to many times. I remember that quote he came out with when he said he was the best defender in the country or words to that effect.  :lmao:

Seriously all he is ( or should be ) is a back up player at best. He has the odd decent game and that's it. Makes too many mistakes for my liking. If this happens it basically confirms you won't be spending much, if any in the transfer market.

What it does do is give other teams chances of catching you guys up, yes I know we're miles behind  ;D but least your not improving from my perspective.

Still better than Maguire though ;-)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,427 posts | 252 
      Reply #2547: Today at 02:22:44 pm
      Surely Lovren is now surplus to requirements, not even worthy of a squad place, to my mind !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,916 posts | 774 
      Reply #2548: Today at 02:24:28 pm
      Still better than Maguire though ;-)

Not a chance  ;D throw me some  more bate in if you want me to fall for this one.  :lmao:

Quick Reply