Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 308722 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #253: Nov 26, 2014 08:54:00 am
      I wills give him the benefit of the doubt did you hear Carra slating Skrtel saying he hated playing with him as he wouldn't listen, maybe Skrtel is bringing these lad down you don't go from the best centre back in the league one season to a farce the next without good reason.

You have a point he was never this bad at Saints and after watching the Palace game and reflecting maybe the reason he has been this bad is because of all the covering he has to do for that shithouse Johnson and having Skrtel next to him it's a no win situation for him.
      I hope he taken out of the firing line for s bit, get Sakho up to match fitness and lets see how those two get on.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #254: Nov 26, 2014 10:18:51 am
      Aside from falling on his @rse for the second goal, I actually thought he was pretty decent against Palace. Bizarrely we went from a team that can't defend set pieces to a team which can't defend in open play but looked pretty solid at set pieces. I thought Lovren did pretty well.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #255: Nov 26, 2014 10:24:34 am
      Aside from falling on his @rse for the second goal, I actually thought he was pretty decent against Palace. Bizarrely we went from a team that can't defend set pieces to a team which can't defend in open play but looked pretty solid at set pieces. I thought Lovren did pretty well.

Agree.

Had a very solid game with the exception of the slip.

A bit like Everton was faultless and played one of the better center halve performances I've seen in ages but then his headed clearance ended in Jagielkas path.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #256: Nov 26, 2014 11:40:09 am

that was a face palm moment.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #257: Nov 26, 2014 11:41:08 am
      He and we are having one of them runs at the moment mate. Like the Palace first goal, great shot from the fella but then it rebounds to the only place that Gayle can possibly get it. If it bounces anywhere else we're saying "f*ck me that was close" rather than "f*ck me it's 1-1". Add in the Aussie guy turning into Roberto Carlos for the third, and you know things ain't going your way.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #258: Nov 26, 2014 12:20:38 pm
      Lovren likes to get tight on a player higher up the pitch, and perhaps sometimes he gets a bit too tight, which means the attacker has a chance of rolling him.
      A bit more experience will help him in his decision making as to when to get really tight and when to hold back a bit.
      Neither CB is being helped by the fact our FB's get forwards so quickly. A bit too quickly at times.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #259: Nov 26, 2014 03:17:35 pm
      Lovren likes to get tight on a player higher up the pitch, and perhaps sometimes he gets a bit too tight, which means the attacker has a chance of rolling him.
      A bit more experience will help him in his decision making as to when to get really tight and when to hold back a bit.
      Neither CB is being helped by the fact our FB's get forwards so quickly. A bit too quickly at times.

Very true. The best centre halves in the World would struggle for us at the moment. Full backs who do more bombing than that Harris fella who did Dresden and midfielders who allow people to run past them. Stick in a goalie who's a bit of a bag of nerves and a manager who wants you to play it out like Beckenbauer and it can't be easy.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #260: Nov 28, 2014 10:27:05 am
      I think he needs a partner who will shout and  talk to him for the game like Kolo
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #261: Dec 05, 2014 11:12:28 am
      I still have faith in Lovren, I think a good player doesn't turn crap over night. He comes with a good reputation, highly thought off where he has been in the past. I am not sure it does him any good sitting on the bench all the time but its clear something has to give, as he hasn't been good. But then again, we haven't as a team and Kolo appears to provided a level of calm at the back.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #262: Dec 05, 2014 11:24:20 am
      Probably time for the future Liverpool captain to come back in against Sunderland. He's had a little spell to refocus, and by now Kolo will be feeling the pace. The big man has done an excellent job for us in Lovrens absence, but we are going to need all of our best players over the next couple of matches as they will define our season.

Loren is one of our best players, so he should return against Sunderland.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #263: Dec 05, 2014 11:30:02 am
      Probably time for the future Liverpool captain to come back in against Sunderland. He's had a little spell to refocus, and by now Kolo will be feeling the pace. The big man has done an excellent job for us in Lovrens absence, but we are going to need all of our best players over the next couple of matches as they will define our season.

Should have put this in the "The Funny Stuff" thread Mick, gave me a chuckle.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #264: Dec 05, 2014 11:35:27 am
      Rest either Skretl or Kolo and give him another chance to shine, but BR should tell him to start switching on and dont try so hard to impress and be fancy if in doubt just kick it out!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #265: Dec 05, 2014 11:36:21 am
      Should have put this in the "The Funny Stuff" thread Mick, gave me a chuckle.

As you know mate I've never been overly interested in towing the party line, going along with the crowd and all that stuff. I know many are unconvinced but I aren't. This lad is going to be an absolute top player for us.

MsGerrard
      Reply #266: Dec 05, 2014 09:28:28 pm

You mean Sophie?

:D

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #267: Dec 09, 2014 07:28:19 pm
      Time for this lad to show what a good player he is. Make it tonight Dejan.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #268: Dec 09, 2014 07:41:09 pm
      Time for this lad to show what a good player he is. Make it tonight Dejan.

He's gonna be mustard mate
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #269: Dec 09, 2014 09:56:43 pm
      A question for the people who actually watched Southampton properly last season, was he really this bad?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 837 
      Reply #270: Dec 09, 2014 10:02:37 pm
      I thought he was ok today, didn't do anything wrong and not at fault for the goal.
      KeepTheFaith75
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #271: Dec 09, 2014 10:03:31 pm
      Just signed up after about a year watching the posts.

Regardless of whether Lovren will ever be a good player for us, the 1st minute shows what a lack of confidence this fella has at the moment, passing across his penalty area to Martin who is under pressure, it is baffling and can only be explained by brain freeze, if they still wear laces on their boots I would be surprised if he managed that before the game.

For his own good he needs to be taken out again, at best on the bench & start Sakho regardless of how match fit he is on Sunday if Toure is injured.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #272: Dec 09, 2014 11:45:24 pm
      I thought he was very good tonight, a massive step in the right direction.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #273: Dec 11, 2014 06:17:28 pm
      Disappointed that nobody revisited this thread after Lovrens performance the other night. Right enough one swallow doesn't make a summer, but he was absolutely excellent against Basle, really really good. Compared to his previous performances, he looked like Franz Beckenbauer or Alan Hansen out there, I would have thought one or two might have come back in here and said something about it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #274: Dec 11, 2014 06:49:41 pm
      Disappointed that nobody revisited this thread after Lovrens performance the other night. Right enough one swallow doesn't make a summer, but he was absolutely excellent against Basle, really really good. Compared to his previous performances, he looked like Franz Beckenbauer or Alan Hansen out there, I would have thought one or two might have come back in here and said something about it.

Let's wait and see if he is picked against United and judge his performance, like you said it was One game.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 837 
      Reply #275: Dec 12, 2014 12:28:35 am

Yep I agree Mick, he was really solid, didn't do much wrong, unlike his partner who was an absolute wreck

Quick Reply