Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 308607 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #437: Apr 08, 2015 10:54:49 pm
      Thought Lovren was good tonight, hope he keeps it up because I'm assuming Sakho is out for a run of games.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #438: Apr 08, 2015 11:01:21 pm
      Thought Lovren was good tonight, hope he keeps it up because I'm assuming Sakho is out for a run of games.

Agree he was good tonight as he has been since his horror shows earlier in the season.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #439: Apr 09, 2015 05:01:05 am
      Good  performance by Dejan tonight.

Has not featured for a while so did well to come back in.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #440: Apr 09, 2015 12:26:18 pm
      glad he had a decent game yes it wasnt a league game but if we can bring him back in we can then start to use a combo of Can and Lucas as holding two in the middle to sure up the middle of our team.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #441: Apr 09, 2015 01:16:30 pm
      Thought it was interesting that he didn't swap sides when Kolo came on last night.  I wonder if Brendan wants him on the right to Sakhos left when Skrtel goes.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #442: Apr 09, 2015 02:31:12 pm
      decent performance, led the line well, won a few tackles and headers.

Much better
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #443: Apr 09, 2015 02:38:42 pm
      The lad done well last night. Back to basics.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #444: Apr 09, 2015 04:34:38 pm
      Whilst I'm nowhere near as sold as you on his performances, so far, Mick, I appreciate where your coming from here.

Quick question - do you see his performances as being good enough to keep Mama out of the team when he's fit?

Hardly a quick answer mate, many apologies but I was overseas without a ready internet connection. No I don't see his performances (Lovrens) on what we've seen so far as being good enough to keep Sakho out of the team. That is of course if the Frenchman is fit, which as we know from experience is something of an intermittent state of affairs. I really like Sakho and always have since we first signed him, and think he'll go on to become one of the best centre halves in the World (not a misprint, I REALLY rate him).

I don't think Dejan would get in the team in front of Skrtel either. Martin is by far our most improved player amongst those that are experienced, and would probably be close to getting in a Premiership team of the season over the last couple of years.

All that said, as I've made it clear on many occasions I really rate Lovren, very highly indeed. I think if we stick with him, he'd begin to be a regular starter in the 3-4-3 and would eventually replace Skrtel permanently in the 4-4-2 (probably is a future captain too). He has everything needed to be a really top player IMHO, aside perhaps from the self belief. When that comes though, everyone will be able to see what a fine player we have on our hands.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #445: Apr 09, 2015 05:08:00 pm
      I'd love for him to be able to function in the back three with Sakho and Skrtel...would free up Can for midfield duties which would send Joe Allen to the bench.

Lovren       Skrtel       Sakho

Johnson                                                Moreno

Lucas

Can                         Sterling

Coutinho

Sturridge
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #446: Apr 09, 2015 05:10:40 pm
      I'd love for him to be able to function in the back three with Sakho and Skrtel...would free up Can for midfield duties which would send Joe Allen to the bench.

Lovren       Skrtel       Sakho

Johnson                                                Moreno

Lucas

Can                         Sterling

Coutinho

Sturridge

That's the way I'd like us to go too mate, but so far whenever we've tried it Lovren has looked poor on the right side. I think if we played Johnson there as you suggest rather than Markovic or some similar oik, it may help him out a little.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #447: Apr 09, 2015 11:29:43 pm
      Hardly a quick answer mate, many apologies but I was overseas without a ready internet connection. No I don't see his performances (Lovrens) on what we've seen so far as being good enough to keep Sakho out of the team. That is of course if the Frenchman is fit, which as we know from experience is something of an intermittent state of affairs. I really like Sakho and always have since we first signed him, and think he'll go on to become one of the best centre halves in the World (not a misprint, I REALLY rate him).

I don't think Dejan would get in the team in front of Skrtel either. Martin is by far our most improved player amongst those that are experienced, and would probably be close to getting in a Premiership team of the season over the last couple of years.

All that said, as I've made it clear on many occasions I really rate Lovren, very highly indeed. I think if we stick with him, he'd begin to be a regular starter in the 3-4-3 and would eventually replace Skrtel permanently in the 4-4-2 (probably is a future captain too). He has everything needed to be a really top player IMHO, aside perhaps from the self belief. When that comes though, everyone will be able to see what a fine player we have on our hands.
      The only problem Mick is, I assume, you didnt see the game. Go for it 2morro in replay. Lovren was outstanding. Brilliant performnce. He was a Terry at his best. 20mil player? Yesterday, yes he was. Keep it up Dejan
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #448: Apr 10, 2015 08:15:19 am
      I would keep him in the side and go back to a back 4 as the wing backs we currently have are not up to the level that we require to be effective. I dont have the stats but i'm guessing that the assists from our wingbacks is not the highest, Ibe looked like the best RWB option after Markovich fizzled out since his Europa sending off,

Stick with Lovren now and when Skrtel is back play him as RB with Sakho and Skrtel CB and Moreno LB
      althomas1989
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #449: Apr 10, 2015 10:37:44 am
      I would keep him in the side and go back to a back 4 as the wing backs we currently have are not up to the level that we require to be effective. I dont have the stats but i'm guessing that the assists from our wingbacks is not the highest, Ibe looked like the best RWB option after Markovich fizzled out since his Europa sending off,

Stick with Lovren now and when Skrtel is back play him as RB with Sakho and Skrtel CB and Moreno LB

Sorry, you want our struggling left footed centre back Dejan Lovren to be played at right back?  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2015 10:38:17 am by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #450: Apr 10, 2015 10:39:28 am
      Sorry, you want our struggling left footed centre back Dejan Lovren to be played at right back?

Although I've been a massive critic of his poor appearances he didn't do too badly against Blackburn.  Although have to agree that playing him on the right doesn't look a great idea.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #451: Apr 10, 2015 10:42:30 am
      Sorry, you want our struggling left footed centre back Dejan Lovren to be played at right back?  :lmao:

Dejan is actually right footed but has played on the left hand side.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #452: Apr 10, 2015 11:12:55 am

He's right footed.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #453: Apr 10, 2015 11:45:57 am
      shows how much you know newbie he's right footed but for some reason preferes to play on the left CB position and can use both feet if you watch him play. i dont think he's better than Sakho and we paid the fee for Moreno (not had the best season) but is a natural left sided player so it makes more sense to play Lovern (who's right footed) in the RCB role or as a deep lying RB if we ever go 4-4-2  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #454: Apr 10, 2015 01:02:29 pm
      Thought he was a bit average again. His attempt to mark Rhodes when he had that free header in the first half was pretty embarrassing. Didn't have too much more to do from there on but looked ok in possession.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #455: Apr 13, 2015 10:24:58 am
      With Sakho out for the next four weeks it's time for Dejan to stand up and start earning his fat salary.
      Speke Up Redmen
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 68 posts |
      • I wear a jesters hat in the Kop like a whopper!!
      Reply #456: Apr 13, 2015 11:48:15 am
      With Sakho out for the next four weeks it's time for Dejan to stand up and start earning his fat salary.

He most certainly does and that's starting with tonight especially with Skrtel still being suspended and Sakho being out injured. I thought he played well alongside Toure the other night against Blackburn we just need more of the same and most importantly consistency.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #457: Apr 13, 2015 02:57:46 pm
      The future captain has suffered in the eyes of the fans because he made a god awful start. in truth whenever he's played over the last few months he's been at least decent, but his earlier misdemeanours mean that even if he mis-controls it a fraction people leap up and down as if he's Torban Piechnik re-incarnated. He isn't of course, what he is is an excellent defender and footballer who has taken a little time to adapt. I don't think the rumoured fall out with Stevie has done him any favours, and he probably can't wait until the end of the season.

Luckily for him and us though class is permanent, and I would expect him to continue to grow into the role he's given and the club itself. Players as good as this lad don't play bad for ever, as he's beginning to now show.

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #458: Apr 13, 2015 09:29:44 pm
      He'll be alright - he's got the ability, just needs to get his mind in order and he'll be a brilliant asset.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #459: Apr 13, 2015 10:04:07 pm
      Proper sh*te.

Quick Reply