Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 308563 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #552: May 02, 2015 06:35:21 pm
      Is it me or has he strung a few decent games in a row now that he has had some game time?

Once again he was Ok today. Made a few mistakes defensively as usual but passed well and was a threat at set pieces.

A 6/10 which is about the highest score he's achieced this season.

Still nowhere near a £20 million defender.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #553: May 05, 2015 01:31:50 pm
      did ok, he didnt ask for the huge price tage we was daft enough to pay it, on ability wise alone he's done ok the last few games and if we didnt pay 20 and paid around 10mil we would all be made up with him.
      keep him in the squad and push can further forward instead of allen
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #554: May 10, 2015 11:55:34 pm
      Best defender on the pitch today, for either side.  Something I didn't think I'd type this season and especially against Chelsea.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #555: May 10, 2015 11:57:10 pm
      Best defender on the pitch today, for either side.  Something I didn't think I'd type this season and especially against Chelsea.

BigMick likes this.

Was he really that good Rodders?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #556: May 11, 2015 12:06:18 am
      BigMick likes this.

Was he really that good Rodders?

For me, yes. Looked so comfortable today, Can, when at RB was our poorest, different player in midfield. Johnson, and this hurts to say, was decent as well, though I'm more than happy he won't be here next season.  Skrtel was what he is, a solid 6 or 7 out of 10, though it makes me laugh when some suggest the captain's armband for him, I just don't see the necessary leadership qualities in him.  But then I've just seen someone saying Henderson was poor in the match thread, thought, over the 90, he was or best, so take what I say with a pinch of salt.  Some had higher highs than Henderson, but weren't as consistent over the 90.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #557: May 11, 2015 12:07:31 am
      For me, yes. Looked so comfortable today, Can, when at RB was our poorest, different player in midfield. Johnson, and this hurts to say, was decent as well, though I'm more than happy he won't be here next season.  Skrtel was what makes me laugh when some suggest the captain's armband, I just don't see the necessary leadership in him.  But then I've just seen someone saying Henderson was poor in the match thread, thought, over the 90, he was or best, so take what I say with a pinch of salt.  Some had higher highs than Henderson, but weren't as consistent over the 90.

I agree on Skrtel as a captain. I think he is a very good player but don't neccessarily see him as a captain.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #558: May 11, 2015 01:41:43 am
      Lovren was good today a far cry from the sh*t he put out against QPR.

Won a number of aerial duels a few critical tackles in the box his distribution was very poor today though hit a couple of passes to Lallan and Lambert that ended out of the park.

All in all I think he did well considering he had Johnson on his left what a liabillity that man was and is. 100% at fault for the goal in my mind purely because he is so sh*te he got caught out of position 140 seconds in to the game mind boggling.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,759 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #559: May 11, 2015 10:12:58 am
      Yep agree, Didn;t notice him at all which means he had a good game because I wasn't yelling at him.

My yelling was directed at Glen J and Raheem and most of all at Rickie Lambert. He was so far off the pace today that for all the hope i had that he might be a good enough player to keep as a squad member, went out the window. I just can't defend him after that performance.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #560: May 11, 2015 01:25:20 pm
      Funny Aussie, I was going to say the same thing as you. I didn't notice him much which is a step in the right direction. :D
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #561: May 11, 2015 04:52:10 pm
      didnt do anything wrong or look troubled really it wasnt that sort of game to be fair, chelsea were happy with the draw as there champs we should have just went on the attack more to try and kill them but there a hard team to break down

i think Lovren will keep his place in the side now even with Sakho back untill he mucks up and sakho proves his fitness
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #562: May 11, 2015 09:05:45 pm
      I would never have brought him in the first place, his actions to get his move were questionable, his ability was questionable last season aswell.

Since being here he has been poor. He shows no leadership skills, poor on the ball, poor on the deck and looks out of his depth.

he has done allot better of recent, but has been a poor purchase and further evidence of our ability to overspend on average players.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #563: May 13, 2015 01:07:04 pm
      i think he could be off in the summer on the cheap as i cant imagine BR has been fully happy with him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #564: May 13, 2015 01:14:53 pm
      i think he could be off in the summer on the cheap as i cant imagine BR has been fully happy with him.

I think the complete opposite he is starting to improve and show some of the form from last season. It's taken far too long but he is showing enough the past few games to warrant staying another season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #565: May 13, 2015 02:03:30 pm
      He will stay another season at least, Kolo is joe le toff so we won't want to lose CB's.

His form has picked up.
      El..lam..Nino
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #566: May 13, 2015 05:32:10 pm
      He will stay another season at least, Kolo is joe le toff so we won't want to lose CB's.

His form has picked up.

The main thing i notice is his 1 on 1 defending, he seems to rush into tackles and just gets his timing all wrong.

I really hope his form continues to improve, he becomes a regular and its not £20 million wasted
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #567: May 14, 2015 09:09:44 pm
      Shhhh! Don't you know he's worse than Djimi Traore!!
      ;)

Show a little respect, it was because of Traore's save on the line we won the UCL back in Istanbul.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #568: May 15, 2015 01:52:15 pm
      well as long as he's not making mistakes at the back i'm happy for him to stay and play then with more good games under his belt i'm sure we will get the player that was so good for Southampton. you dont become a bad player over night its all in his head.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #569: May 17, 2015 12:51:07 am
      Complete joke of a defender. Probably the worst CB I have seen at LFC.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #570: May 17, 2015 01:38:26 am
      Is it too late to get our money back from the Saints?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #571: May 17, 2015 01:51:06 am
      Show a little respect, it was because of Traore's save on the line we won the UCL back in Istanbul.
      Lecturing others on showing respect? That's rich.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #572: May 17, 2015 09:05:18 am
      Sums up the state of the clubs current transfer policy for me.

We paid 20m for this lad and sold Martin Kelly for 1.5m, who played centre back for Palace yesterday and didn't put a foot wrong!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #573: May 17, 2015 09:08:27 am
      Sums up the state of the clubs current transfer policy for me.

We paid 20m for this lad and sold Martin Kelly for 1.5m, who played centre back for Palace yesterday and didn't put a foot wrong!

Not to mention Agger who was forced out by Brendan.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #574: May 17, 2015 09:37:10 am
      Not to mention Agger who was forced out by Brendan.
      Agger was done, but Kelly, Wisdom, Illori could have been given a chance.

Quick Reply