Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 308336 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #874: Aug 30, 2015 09:59:46 pm
      If Brendan dosn't see what a liability this lad is, then I don't hold out much hope for Brendan any more. Surely he can't and won't start against the Manc cu*ts.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #875: Aug 30, 2015 11:58:09 pm
      If BR starts with Lovren against the Mancs then it really will be an indication of being more bothered about trying to prove he was right regarding Lovren as opposed to trying to set his team up to get all 3 points.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #876: Aug 31, 2015 12:11:39 am
      As hard as everyone is on him right now just watch...he'll start against the Mancs and turn in a master performance and prove us all silly....so I'm not going to jump on the Lovren out bandwagon just yet ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #877: Aug 31, 2015 05:52:09 am
      Never going to be good enough to wear the red shirt of Liverpool I am afraid, problem is he is not the only player, who is not good enough to play for the Reds.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #878: Aug 31, 2015 12:02:27 pm
      This guy could make or break Brendan.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #879: Aug 31, 2015 03:48:15 pm
      Because he makes crazy decisions over the pitch, without being under pressure, you came to think he is really thick.

And yet you are still wearing your Balotelli T-shirt.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #880: Aug 31, 2015 03:49:04 pm
      One thing you have to admit is that he has ridiculous self -belief; he is like the Nicolas Bendtner of our back line.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #881: Aug 31, 2015 03:52:32 pm
      One thing you have to admit is that he has ridiculous self -belief; he like the Nicolas Bendtner of our back line.

It's a shame it's misplaced though.. He needs to realise that defenders 100 times better than him knew when to put it in the stand.

We just have two starting CBS that ultimately aren't that good
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #882: Aug 31, 2015 04:40:35 pm
      This guy could make or break Brendan.

I don't think there's any "make" left in him.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #883: Aug 31, 2015 04:53:29 pm
      Sakho must be disgusted that this bloke is starting ahead of him.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #884: Aug 31, 2015 05:20:14 pm
      Unfortunately for Lovren it was back to the bad old days against West Ham. For the goal, he gets a warning first which is the annoying bit, then when he gets up he loses it again. I've no doubt there is a good player in there trying to get out, but having seen him play many times last season with shot confidence I'm equally confident that he's not worth the risk against the Mancs unless we play with three centre halves (which I think we might TBH). The stepover thing is just one of the things that big, daft centre halves do, but the second goal is unforgivable.

Lovren was far from being alone in his sh!teness, but unfortunately for him previous misdemeanours mean he has less leeway than others. Can he come back? Yes of course he can, but will he? I don't think so no. I've a hunch it'll be playing for another club that he'll demonstrate again that he can be an excellent centre half.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #885: Aug 31, 2015 05:42:40 pm
      Unfortunately for Lovren it was back to the bad old days against West Ham. For the goal, he gets a warning first which is the annoying bit, then when he gets up he loses it again. I've no doubt there is a good player in there trying to get out, but having seen him play many times last season with shot confidence I'm equally confident that he's not worth the risk against the Mancs unless we play with three centre halves (which I think we might TBH). The stepover thing is just one of the things that big, daft centre halves do, but the second goal is unforgivable.

Lovren was far from being alone in his sh!teness, but unfortunately for him previous misdemeanours mean he has less leeway than others. Can he come back? Yes of course he can, but will he? I don't think so no. I've a hunch it'll be playing for another club that he'll demonstrate again that he can be an excellent centre half.

You could very well be right Mick but if, as I suspect, he starts against the Mancs and Sakho is left on the bench what kind of message does that send?

(I've also suggested that we could revert to a 3 at which point the question becomes moot)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #886: Aug 31, 2015 05:52:34 pm
      You could very well be right Mick but if, as I suspect, he starts against the Mancs and Sakho is left on the bench what kind of message does that send?

(I've also suggested that we could revert to a 3 at which point the question becomes moot)

If we went three I'd still drop him out Luke.

Can Skrtel Sakho
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #887: Aug 31, 2015 05:54:13 pm
      Lovren will play against the Mancs, Rodgers has staked his reputation on him............
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #888: Aug 31, 2015 05:57:56 pm

I really don't want to see 3 at the back mate personally, I think it's overtly negative in reality even if it doesn't look it on paper

Can Skrtel Sakho

Can shouldn't be played tgere IMO.. He's a midfielder and all effort should be found to find out where in midfield is his natural role
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #889: Aug 31, 2015 05:59:34 pm
      Lovren will play against the Mancs, Rodgers has staked his reputation on him............

He has and like I said it could be the breaking of his reputation.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #890: Aug 31, 2015 05:59:44 pm
      Lovren shouldn't even make the bench against the Mancs.
      To play Lovren in front of Sakho against the Mancs in my opinion is nothing short of criminal.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #891: Aug 31, 2015 06:01:49 pm
      I really don't want to see 3 at the back mate personally, I think it's overtly negative in reality even if it doesn't look it on paper

Can shouldn't be played tgere IMO.. He's a midfielder and all effort should be found to find out where in midfield is his natural role

I do see your point Jon but I would have him almost like a free role or sweeper who steps into midfield and drives forward as we have seen he can do.

Personally would prefer a 4 but a 3 can be as attacking as you make it.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #892: Aug 31, 2015 06:08:46 pm
      I do see your point Jon but I would have him almost like a free role or sweeper who steps into midfield and drives forward as we have seen he can do.

Personally would prefer a 4 but a 3 can be as attacking as you make it.

Most times I've watched it the two get isolated..

It also depends of your wing backs are essentially full backs or wingers.. If they don't get the balance right then you are one way or another light in one area.

If you look at how we played it last season, yes it went well on paper and I was happy with the results but it led to sterile football alot of that run nicking the odd goal but not really creating chances..

At the end of the day though it's players who make formations.. It's confidence that makes players.

We need IMO a formation to settle on rather than switch here there and everywhere on the back of a poor result
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #893: Aug 31, 2015 06:16:10 pm
      We need IMO a formation to settle on rather than switch here there and everywhere on the back of a poor result

Agree on this mate.

I wouldn't change formation for the next game especially at the back.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #894: Aug 31, 2015 06:32:38 pm
      I am not a fan of Lovren neither an enemy. When I settled with my feelings I analysed his awful error. After the comical fall of the linesmen, Lovren tried to play it on. What went wrong was that the ball was going out as corner and he tried to touch the ball to safe it, it was his touch that put him in that position.

I think we need to see in next weeks, how he perform before cutting him loose.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #895: Aug 31, 2015 06:33:40 pm

Can Skrtel Sakho

So would I, but I'd prefer

Sakho Skrtel Gomez

Agreed mate but I do believe he will.

Moreno Sakho Skrtel Gomez Clyne

As a back 5 might actually give us the width we've been after but still it's a complete revision of what 'plan' we were working towards.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #896: Aug 31, 2015 06:34:55 pm
      Agree on this mate.

I wouldn't change formation for the next game especially at the back.

I would.  But I'd then stay with it.  This is because we haven't attacked convincingly since matchday 1 this season, and the lack of balanced wide play, specifically pulling defences wide and making crossing opportunities, is hampering us.  Given the personnel available, and that Lovren is - lets face it - likely to play, we need three at the back with Moreno in for his attacking runs.  This also allows two forwards, be it Benteke/Ings, or whatever. 

Whoever the morons are who have been attacking our players on their Twatter accounts, get your sad selves sorted or sod off to another club.  Players don't play better when they feel under personal attack from faceless strangers who are supposed to be on their side.  Support = confidence = better players = successful team.  Bloody idiots.

Quick Reply