Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 308326 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #920: Sep 03, 2015 09:31:44 am
      If his confidence is that fragile he is probably at the wrong club.

True.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #921: Sep 03, 2015 09:59:48 am
      Read in the Croatian papers he does not seem to be fussed about the social media abuse one bit despite shutting them down temporarily. He made a comment along the lines of "true fans of the club are behind me and those behind the abuse aren't real fans of the club".

Well at least he seems level headed enough to acknowledge that as he's correct to a degree, true fans don't make death threats, that was disgusting, whether the true fans are behind him is another thing, I think majority of us would like to see him do well, because if he's not doing well, were basically conceding goals.

I'm not sure if he will be dropped, Rodgers has bigged him up during the opening few games of the season, I don't think he'll be ready to wash his hands over what happened in the West Ham game, he'll probably stand by his man in my opinion, if he does I just hope that faith is rewarded and Lovren can put West Ham to the back of his mind and put in a good performance.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #922: Sep 03, 2015 12:22:48 pm
      I like what Passport said and maybe Dejan doesn't suffer from too little bit too much confidence. Maybe Rodgers is trying to make him something he isn't. If he wants a ball playing CB he should be playing Sakho.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #923: Sep 03, 2015 01:47:42 pm
      If I make a mistake, my clients can leave themselves open to attack and lose lots and lots of money potentially.  If Lovren makes a mistake he just has to delete his Instagram account and Rodgers picks up again in the next game.

I thought you usually buried your mistakes mate, if you're anything like Lovren it must cost you a fortune in wreaths. :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #924: Sep 03, 2015 01:54:32 pm
      I thought you usually buried your mistakes mate, if you're anything like Lovren it must cost you a fortune in wreaths. :)

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #925: Sep 03, 2015 01:57:13 pm
      I'd like to see us go 3 at the back now because:

1) We have better options at the back. (Clyne & Gomez)

2) It takes Lovren out of the team.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #926: Sep 03, 2015 05:17:18 pm
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #927: Sep 04, 2015 01:00:50 am
      All this talk about his confidence will be even more prudent he is now third choice in the national team and watched the whole qualifier against Azerbaijan on the bench.

Both of the guys who are ahead of him in the national team ply their trade in Russia and Ukraine respectively.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #928: Sep 04, 2015 09:19:27 am
      All this talk about his confidence will be even more prudent he is now third choice in the national team and watched the whole qualifier against Azerbaijan on the bench.

Both of the guys who are ahead of him in the national team ply their trade in Russia and Ukraine respectively.

Dado mate, if you saw how he fu**ed up so alarmingly for us to concede that 2nd goal, you'd honestly want to smash your TV. It was horrendous bud.
      Tadders

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #929: Sep 04, 2015 11:25:04 am
      you cannot feel sorry for a guy who simply cannot play football at the highest level. He is a Championship defender at best.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #930: Sep 04, 2015 11:37:31 am
      you cannot feel sorry for a guy who simply cannot play football at the highest level. He is a Championship defender at best.

Its a fait enough point on not feeling sorry for him as he has been given an opportunity when he form hasn't warranted it.

He should be grabbing it with both hands.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #931: Sep 04, 2015 01:58:59 pm

He was outstanding the season before we signed him. He was confident, aggressive in the challenge and his positioning was generally spot on.

I'm not sure who this Lovren is but he's a shadow of that player Southampton had.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #932: Sep 04, 2015 05:32:32 pm
      He was outstanding the season before we signed him. He was confident, aggressive in the challenge and his positioning was generally spot on.

I'm not sure who this Lovren is but he's a shadow of that player Southampton had.
      Changed your mind now have you . I seem to recall you saying I was biased for not  rating him ah well perhaps the penny has dropped .
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #933: Sep 04, 2015 06:15:08 pm

Is he on the bench for Vedran f***in Corluka? :o
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #934: Sep 05, 2015 08:49:45 am
      Changed your mind now have you . I seem to recall you saying I was biased for not  rating him ah well perhaps the penny has dropped .

No I haven't. He played well the first three games looked looked like he was getting back to Saints level. Then he goes and has another massive brain fart against in the last game and it's back to square one for Dejan.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #935: Sep 05, 2015 09:00:31 am
      No I haven't. He played well the first three games looked looked like he was getting back to Saints level. Then he goes and has another massive brain fart against in the last game and it's back to square one for Dejan.

And to be fair, in the first half, apart from the brain fart, he was good against the Hammers, his 2nd half performance, it looked like the mistake was affecting him.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #936: Sep 05, 2015 09:14:53 am
      And to be fair, in the first half, apart from the brain fart, he was good against the Hammers, his 2nd half performance, it looked like the mistake was affecting him.

That's the problem though, if he makes 1 costly error in every game, he'll lose us points. I wouldn't risk playing him again, maybe bring him on when were 3 goals up.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #937: Sep 05, 2015 09:37:40 am
      That's the problem though, if he makes 1 costly error in every game, he'll lose us points. I wouldn't risk playing him again, maybe bring him on when were 3 goals up.

That means we drop Gomez as well then, based on the West Ham game. 
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #938: Sep 05, 2015 09:57:10 am
      That means we drop Gomez as well then, based on the West Ham game. 
      Maybe, but we don't know if Gomez is likely to make mistakes on a regular basis, Lovren is a ticking time bomb!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #939: Sep 05, 2015 10:00:30 am
      Maybe, but we don't know if Gomez is likely to make mistakes on a regular basis, Lovren is a ticking time bomb!

So's Skrtel in his own way, he gets away with it, but if the refs ever start spotting and penalising his obsession with hugging opposition players during corners and free kicks, we'll be in trouble.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #940: Sep 05, 2015 10:14:30 am
      So's Skrtel in his own way, he gets away with it, but if the refs ever start spotting and penalising his obsession with hugging opposition players during corners and free kicks, we'll be in trouble.
      Yeah, but we have to play some defenders!   ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #941: Sep 05, 2015 10:14:48 am

"apart from the brain fart he was good"............sorry but that means he wasn't good.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #942: Sep 05, 2015 10:19:53 am
      Yeah, but we have to play some defenders!   ;)

perhaps Brendan should try what Bayern did against Leverkusen and play without a recognised centre back

Quick Reply