Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 308549 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 729 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #1633: Oct 22, 2017 08:24:24 pm
      Apparently he was carrying an injury? Thats what i heard on the radio. Seems weird that Klopp played him if thats the case.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #1634: Oct 22, 2017 08:43:02 pm
      Deleted his Liverpool bio and disabled all comments on Instagram.. hahaha can't take any criticism the fcking pussy.. what an embarrassment of a man.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1635: Oct 22, 2017 08:55:32 pm
      Deleted his Liverpool bio and disabled all comments on Instagram.. hahaha can't take any criticism the fcking pussy.. what an embarrassment of a man.

This was the Martin Skrtel Watford moment for Dejan Lovern at Liverpool he'll be gone soon enough
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,179 posts | 1097 
      Reply #1636: Oct 22, 2017 09:01:38 pm

This to me tells me so much about him and where he is at mentally right now. He can mean mug people all he wants and act tough but his play of the pitch screams anything but. Mentally he is so fragile that it is down right sad. If u had to depend on him in a back alley fight u would get fu**ed up. The second your opposition showed any heart he would flee and leave you to get your head kicked in. When the sh*t hits the fan some guys run and some guys stay. We know which one he is. I hope Klopp gives him the Sahko treatment. I rather have Klavan just for the simple fact that he isn't a bi*ch of a man.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1637: Oct 22, 2017 09:01:54 pm
      Sad thing is that I never want to see him start for us again but I don't have enough faith in Klavan to suggest he'd be better.

Hard to know what way Jürgen will go, two of the possibilities ...
      1, Jürgen has had enough (of him for now anyway) and will try Gomez in there for a while..
      2, he'll put an arm round his shoulder, tell him he subbed him for his own good, it happens, we all have bad days, brush yerself down and be ready for next time

Wouldn't be overly surprised to see him starting again soon.
      Today was particularly bad day out for him, he looked overanxious and overpumped at the same time (due to Kane).
      He's generally not that bad, and over the long term, don't think Klavan would be any better.

And right now, we don't have the squad to have seen the last of him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1638: Oct 22, 2017 11:23:59 pm
      £100K a week ladies and gentlemen.

Liverpool FC the club who makes rubbish players zillionaires.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1639: Oct 23, 2017 12:26:25 am
      I blame Big Mick for cursing him!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1640: Oct 23, 2017 01:14:19 am
      That should be his last game for us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #1641: Oct 23, 2017 01:18:34 am
      Apparently he was carrying an injury? Thats what i heard on the radio. Seems weird that Klopp played him if thats the case.

Didn't look it watching the game, never went down the tunnel for treatment etc, just came across as Klopp trying to change things. Unless it's a flare up of the 'back' injury he's been getting dosed up for.

The misjudgement of the bounce that led to the 2nd goal pretty much summed up his bad day all round.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #1642: Oct 23, 2017 01:22:10 am

Suppose we could call him that, unless he's done that after the death threats he supposed to have received after the match.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1643: Oct 23, 2017 01:40:15 am
      He's so mentally weak I'd be surprised if he can turn up for training. Not through embarrassment but for fear he has to be near a football again.

Sad thing is that I never want to see him start for us again but I don't have enough faith in Klavan to suggest he'd be better. Has to be Gomez now, accept he's young and accept the mistakes for him will be a learning curve rather than the consistent mess that Lovren serves up.

Spoke to a Saints fan about a week ago and we were talking about all the signings we've made from them and he was gutted about Mane and Lalllana of course but predictably said that he could never believe that we paid so much (at the time) for such a poor CB. Now I never watched him for Saints but he clearly did and with great passion and said he was awful for them, I know some say on here that he was very good at that time but that's now Lyon fans that said he was god awful, Saints fans and now us it seems. Surely we just accept that despite the occasional good game, he is just god awful.

Not picking on you but this gets said a lot, that he’s mentally weak. I think the implication is that he doesn’t have mental toughness. But I postulate that it’s not mental toughness but actual intelligence. I just don’t think he reads the game well or understands the right thing to do at the right time. I just don’t think he’s that smart.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1644: Oct 23, 2017 01:53:48 am
      Not picking on you but this gets said a lot, that he’s mentally weak. I think the implication is that he doesn’t have mental toughness. But I postulate that it’s not mental toughness but actual intelligence. I just don’t think he reads the game well or understands the right thing to do at the right time. I just don’t think he’s that smart.

Could be that FL, but the reason I think 'mentally weak' rather than lack of intelligence gets applied to him is because of how one mistake snowballs into many. He isn't able to recover his composure and this trait has been mostly consistent throughout his career with us. There was a brief period, I think it was at the end of last year, where he seemed to overcome this slightly, but from the beginning of this season he's been back to the old Lovren.

So rather than one or the other I suspect it's probably both.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,179 posts | 1097 
      Reply #1645: Oct 23, 2017 02:40:57 am

Klopp will list him on the injury list later in the week for the Huddersfield game with a strained ego.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #1646: Oct 23, 2017 02:49:12 am
      Apparently he was carrying an injury? Thats what i heard on the radio.

He's on the shortlist for a brain transplant.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1647: Oct 23, 2017 02:50:18 am
      I've said this a couple of times, but it amazes me how he struggles to recover when he makes a mistake - if it's early in the game, you can be 100% sure he'll make even more mistakes, and try to overcompensate by chasing balls high up the field or other silly stuff like that. So taking him off was surely the right move. He's a decent CB which will have the odd great game, but he's not reliable and too mentally weak to be a top defender. It's about time we improved on him. Refusing to do so - by pretending it is a very difficult thing to do (or worse still, actually believing that) - is a grave mistake.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #1648: Oct 23, 2017 03:16:18 am
      I've said this a couple of times, but it amazes me how he struggles to recover when he makes a mistake - if it's early in the game, you can be 100% sure he'll make even more mistakes, and try to overcompensate by chasing balls high up the field or other silly stuff like that. So taking him off was surely the right move. He's a decent CB which will have the odd great game, but he's not reliable and too mentally weak to be a top defender. It's about time we improved on him. Refusing to do so - by pretending it is a very difficult thing to do (or worse still, actually believing that) - is a grave mistake.

That misjudgement of the ball leading to the 2nd goal was the type of error you'd bollock a schoolkid for making, seeing a professional footballer make that type of mistake is F***ing embarrassing, yet that was literally the culmination of a string of F**k ups he made throughout the first half.

We all knew start of pre-season what area needed addressing most and we did absolutely nothing to rectify it.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,179 posts | 1097 
      Reply #1649: Oct 23, 2017 04:43:58 am
      The first goal we gave up sums up our defense in a nut shell. Lovern giving Kane to much space and not trying to head the ball when it came over head, Matip watching this and trying to get the linesmans attention for an offsides, and Migs coming off his line only to second guess himself 5 feet out and hesitate. What an absolute Charlie Foxtrot
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1650: Oct 23, 2017 06:08:50 am
      Never want to see this useless clown in a red shirt again.

How many times does he have to drop a clanger before we get shot and improve on him?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1651: Oct 23, 2017 06:42:52 am
      That's what happens when you're holding on to deadwood. Should have been fu**ed off a long time ago.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #1652: Oct 23, 2017 07:31:57 am
      Scapegoat. Nothing more.

When reality hits, he'll be in most people's lineup again.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #1653: Oct 23, 2017 08:01:19 am

Not for me, Matip and Gomez looked far more secure - if only Sakho hadn't messed up as I think him next to Matip would give Joel the leader that he needs to play with and we'd be at least a bit better!

Get Donnarumma from Milan -theyre struggling too!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1654: Oct 23, 2017 08:05:07 am
      Could be that FL, but the reason I think 'mentally weak' rather than lack of intelligence gets applied to him is because of how one mistake snowballs into many. He isn't able to recover his composure and this trait has been mostly consistent throughout his career with us. There was a brief period, I think it was at the end of last year, where he seemed to overcome this slightly, but from the beginning of this season he's been back to the old Lovren.

So rather than one or the other I suspect it's probably both.

I think the pursuit of VVD has affected him, the way he reacted in the summer when questioned about VVD shows his frailty.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #1655: Oct 23, 2017 08:20:06 am
      Scapegoat. Nothing more.

Because we've got no other F***ing options!!

Quick Reply